Round 2 : Sale of the team

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I'm hearing, under 900 mill is an embarrassment to the NFL, and that because the bids are so low that the NFL is upset with Morgan Stanley who screwed this who thing up so badly with their "ultra restrictive non disclosure agreement"...ultra secretive bid process. The comish is going to try and speak to the Wilson trust into firing them.

Redo the entire process and have it open so there will be more competition in the bidding process allowing others to openly know what the bids are. This could draw out the sale until next year.

Just some speculation to think about here :D

Not really much they can undo. The lease of the stadium is iron clad and that's probably the biggest issue for most prospective buyers. The NFL made their bed, reluctantly as it may be, but now they have to sleep in it.

I still feel the team will still for somewhere in the 950m - 1.1b range when all is said and some.

The NFL should be happy to get that kind of money from a franchise that hasn't been to the playoffs in 14 years and those bidding are right to bid so low with such a product.

It's like coca cola asking someone to invest in mellow yellow when it's been off the shelves for 4 years.

Anyone have a clear line of sight to the Ralph? I believe if it's white smoke it's TP, black smoke JBJ

I feel pretty confident that we'll know who the Trust has selected in advance of the owner's meeting. I also expect that the moment it leaks it will be accompanied with the tagline "owners are expected to unanimously approve Pegula at the upcoming October meetings".

Because honestly, they'll approve him the moment it becomes official; the only thing not official will be the meeting minutes proving they voted.

From what I'm hearing, under 900 mill is an embarrassment to the NFL

Just because some dillweed with Forbes say its so?

The opening non-binding first bid is never the final price. The Forbes guy knows this and is just shoveling Scheiße to sound important (or even shilling for Morgan Stanley).

Edited by Lurker

John Kryk calls into question the Forbes report:

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/08/22/toronto-group-bid-more-than-1-billion-for-bills-which-calls-into-question-forbes-report

"When the Toronto group comprising rocker Jon Bon Jovi, MLSE chairman Larry Tanenbaum and the Rogers family resubmitted their first-round bid on Aug. 5 (after their initial offer of July 29 was rejected, in part for being uncompetitively low) I reported even before the group sent it in that the new amount was "probably between $1 billion and $1.1 billion. I now know for a fact that that amount is exactly correct. In their preliminary valuations, Bills bidders were allowed to provide either a specific number or a narrow range, and the trio revised its valuation up to a range of precisely $1 billion to $1.1 billion, I can report with certainty."

Not really much they can undo. The lease of the stadium is iron clad and that's probably the biggest issue for most prospective buyers. The NFL made their bed, reluctantly as it may be, but now they have to sleep in it.

I still feel the team will still for somewhere in the 950m - 1.1b range when all is said and some.

The NFL should be happy to get that kind of money from a franchise that hasn't been to the playoffs in 14 years and those bidding are right to bid so low with such a product.

It's like coca cola asking someone to invest in mellow yellow when it's been off the shelves for 4 years.

Sounds about right. Wawrow suggested Pegula may pay over the $1.1 just to make it the record for an NFL franchise.

@JeffRussoWKBW: Daniel Kaplan of the Sports Business Journal is reporting that final #Bills bids are due on Sept. 8th after regular season opens.

Yes the final bids are due. But negotiations may continue after that. While I don't expect it (as I believe The Trust would love to close this thing this year) don't be too surprised if they continue the negotiations with the top two bidders.

I was going to posit that Golisano only entered the fray after the initial bids were submitted because Mary Wilson, with whom he is good friends, wanted to drive up the price Pegula would ultimately pay from the $890M bid that Forbes reported. However if what Kryk is saying, then I'd have to believe that Pegs' bid truly was $1.3B, and thus Golisano entering to drive up the price doesn't make as much sense.

Just because some dillweed with Forbes say its so?

The opening non-binding first bid is never the final price. The Forbes guy knows this and is just shoveling Scheiße to sound important (or even shilling for Morgan Stanley).

If we could tag posters as "favorites" on this forum, you would have just earned it from me for excellent use of both "dillweed" and German profanity.

@JohnKryk: I'm told binding #Bills bids due on Sept 9, #NFL finance comm meets Sept 17. So barring sale shortcuts, the trust will have just 1 week ...

@JohnKryk: ... to choose a preferred bidder, negotiate a price and hammer out a purchase agreement. Oct approval dicey: http://t.co/blQ3QdpRoR #Bills

@JohnKryk: But some of that could be done in advance to expedite, if trust intent on having new owner approved at Oct 7/8 owners meeting. Otherwise Dec