Round 2 : Sale of the team

I went to look at how many billionaires there are in the Buffalo area, and Forbes list from 2013 showed one. I figured it was Pegula, but it was not. It was:

Buffalo( New York): 1 Billionaire

Jeremy Jacobs Sr $2.7 Billion

When I looked for Pegula, he shows up under:

Miami: 25 Billionaires

Terrence Pegula $3.0 Billion

So the options for benevolent overlord billionaire in the Buffalo area are very limited.

But why is Pegula listed under Miami, is his primary residence there?

When Pegula bought the Sabres, it was widely published that he was a resident of Florida. He moved back up to Buffalo part time, but his family remained in Florida due to his Daughter's fledgling tennis career.

Also, note that Golisano moved his primary residence down to Florida a few years ago because he was sick of spending all that money on NY State Income Taxes and felt it was better suited for him to "Live" there and donate that money where he felt that money was needed the most and not where the bureaucrats in Albany felt

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Pegula bought the Sabres, it was widely published that he was a resident of Florida. He moved back up to Buffalo part time, but his family remained in Florida due to his Daughter's fledgling tennis career.

Also, note that Golisano moved his primary residence down to Florida a few years ago because he was sick of spending all that money on NY State Income Taxes and felt it was better suited for him to "Live" there and donate that money where he felt that money was needed the most and not where the bureaucrats in Albany felt

I live in SW Florida and can tell you Golisano has made a name for himself with the opening of the Golisano Childrens Hospital down in Naples. Edited by KevinL

Any word on when Terry and Kim will be conducting their presentation? I heard it is this week, just not sure of the exact day.

just need clarification, i thought it was mentioned on here that pegula hired the son of hank greenberg, who specializes in sports franchise sales or something of that nature.. anyone on here know for sure about that?

just need clarification, i thought it was mentioned on here that pegula hired the son of hank greenberg, who specializes in sports franchise sales or something of that nature.. anyone on here know for sure about that?

Correct

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/02/report-pegulas-hire-steve-greenberg-to-oversee-possible-bills-bid/

thanks.. sounds like he could only be another positive for pegula..

Kirby--who knows this subject inside and out--mentioned that Greenberg choosing to partner with El Pegual says a lot about his chances of winning.

Remember that Greenberg only gets paid if his firm represents the winning bid, and he could've partnered with anyone...he chose El Pegual.

Kirby--who knows this subject inside and out--mentioned that Greenberg choosing to partner with El Pegual says a lot about his chances of winning.

Remember that Greenberg only gets paid if his firm represents the winning bid, and he could've partnered with anyone...he chose El Pegual.

so it works like a typical lawyer-client relationship huh? interesting, seems like another plus.. the guy sounds like he has a decent track record..

Good enough where he was asked to be the next commissioner of MLB. Someone we definitely want in our corner.

good, need to hear that.. just getting a little edgy knowing JBJ and co are presenting today.. i rely on this board to keep the optimism going.. kirby and a couple of others have been awesome in that regard.. much appreciated..

nothing earth shattering here, but really some good Q&A's here TG does a very good job at explaining in simple language what is going on

i watched that earlier, was very enlightening, liked the fact they took questions on the fly, thought TG did a good job.. lots of good insight.. the guy in toronto, JW, and TG, have all been pretty good, no speculating just good reporting..

Any word on when Terry and Kim will be conducting their presentation? I heard it is this week, just not sure of the exact day.

I believe (someone correct me if I am wrong) that it is the Trust/Morgan Stanley that will be doing the presentation (not the other way around).