New sale of team thread

I'm not thrilled with Trump bring a finalist. Were all worried about Toronto but I don't trust Trump either. He is not the sort of fellow who wouldn't be happy in Buffalo when mega-riches await him elsewhere.

If Trump buys the Bills (assuming the league owners would ever approve him) the Bills will be sold again to out of town interests.

I know that this sound blasphemous but I worry more long term about Trump than JBJ. Every party will be forced to keep the team here but to your point Trump may flip them in 5 years to the highest bidder. If Bon Jovi is emptying his piggy bank he is in this thing for the long haul.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that this sound blasphemous but I worry more long term about Trump than JBJ. Every party will be forced to keep the team here but to your point Trump may flip them in 5 years to the highest bidder. If Bon Jovi is emptying his piggy bank he is in this thing for the long haul.

Kirby what about the USFL and how that turned out? How on earth has Trump gotten this far in the bidding? He looks like a Morgan Stanley prop to me (he gets free media attention of course as many have pointed out)

Edited by billsfaninmanhattan

I understand that any team wanting to move the team would have to pay a relocation fee aka expansion fee to the NFL owners. this amount is at least $1bn. no reporter is writing about this. this is a free that is now required since the Browns move and makes complete sense. why would the owners allow the bills to move to LA or TO when if they created created a new team in those cities the owners would get an expansion fee. this reason alone makes it that much more unreasonable they will move.

Kirby what about the USFL and how that turned out? How on earth has Trump gotten this far in the bidding? He looks like a Morgan Stanley prop to me (he gets free media attention of course as many have pointed out)

Totally agree!! I don't know what to say at this point but I feel like he will bail as the number climbs. I am guessing $1B is his ceiling and it is going for more than that.

Sounds to me like Morgan Stanley is moving the goal posts to try and make more money or :censored: :censored: Bon Jovi didn't bid and they are giving them more time. If the absolute deadline was July 30th at 5pm, why do they come back at 10pm the NEXT day and say it's still open for an indefinite time period? Only 3 bids out of 60 whatever the heck they called it that were sent out, MS was out combing Wall Street all Summer looking for billionaires to bid. It's all BS. Pegula's the high bid. Trump won't match. This could have been over and done with by tomorrow even though they had been saying it would take until October. Here we go again with endless speculation, anonymous sources that know nothing and all sorts of other garbage. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Extending the deadline for bids is bad news. It really suggests that the price offered is by far the most important consideration for the bidders. If the trust wanted Pegula to win the bidding, I doubt they keep the process open for new entrants and have Trump move to the next round.

Sounds to me like Morgan Stanley is moving the goal posts to try and make more money or :censored: :censored: Bon Jovi didn't bid and they are giving them more time. If the absolute deadline was July 30th at 5pm, why do they come back at 10pm the NEXT day and say it's still open for an indefinite time period? Only 3 bids out of 60 whatever the heck they called it that were sent out, MS was out combing Wall Street all Summer looking for billionaires to bid. It's all BS. Pegula's the high bid. Trump won't match. This could have been over and done with by tomorrow even though they had been saying it would take until October. Here we go again with endless speculation, anonymous sources that know nothing and all sorts of other garbage. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

You're blaming them for trying to get the most money for the Trust that they can because you're impatient? The Trust set the deadline and can change it whenever they want. For all we know, they could have got a phone call from someone that said they want to make a serious bid.

Relax. The bidding will end soon, they will announce some finalists soon, and this will all be over in a few weeks when Pegula is the new owner. What exactly is wrong with finding out what is the most they can get for this, it's the American way.

@AdamBenigni: Three sources confirm that July 29 #Bills bid deadline has been extended to allow other bidders to enter - told for undefined period @wgrz

WTF, I hope this bullsh#t, he bought the team for 25,000, is able to sell it for over 1B, and some where in the middle made 100's of millions, along with a the freebie tax payer hand outs. Save all the I love ralph talk for someone else. If Ralph would have really cared, he would have stabbed us in the front instead of the back.

You're blaming them for trying to get the most money for the Trust that they can because you're impatient? The Trust set the deadline and can change it whenever they want. For all we know, they could have got a phone call from someone that said they want to make a serious bid.

Relax. The bidding will end soon, they will announce some finalists soon, and this will all be over in a few weeks when Pegula is the new owner. What exactly is wrong with finding out what is the most they can get for this, it's the American way.

If reports are true, the bids exceeded the highest amount ever paid for an NFL team. In fact, if I recall correctly, the $1.1 billion paid for the Dolphins also included their stadium.

There is no reason to extend a deadline. That is why they call it a deadline. I know they get to make up the rules, but how much money can one spend in one's lifetime?

If reports are true, the bids exceeded the highest amount ever paid for an NFL team. In fact, if I recall correctly, the $1.1 billion paid for the Dolphins also included their stadium.

There is no reason to extend a deadline. That is why they call it a deadline. I know they get to make up the rules, but how much money can one spend in one's lifetime?

We are talking about another week. I very much doubt that anyone thought when Ralph passed in the spring that all of this would happen and be done with by the middle of autumn. The whole thing has gone very fast for these kinds of things.

Extending the deadline for bids is bad news. It really suggests that the price offered is by far the most important consideration for the bidders. If the trust wanted Pegula to win the bidding, I doubt they keep the process open for new entrants and have Trump move to the next round.

according to JW's article, Tuesday was a "soft" deadline. He did mention that although the length of the extension is not known, he feels the selection could be made by Labor Day so they better hurry up if they want to bid.

Impatient? We been waiting 15 years for this. What the trust has to bleed everyone. The more they take from the new owner now, the harder it going to be to keep the team in WNY for the long haul.

Impatient? We been waiting 15 years for this. What the trust has to bleed everyone. The more they take from the new owner now, the harder it going to be to keep the team in WNY for the long haul.

Not sure I follow? The team will be sold to someone intent on WNY so why will it be harder?