More Belicheck noise

Guffalo

What is the issue? Screw 'Un written rules'. If Buffalo would do some of that ****, maybe we start making the playoffs instead of being bottom dwellers

They do do that. They just take the bottom dwellers of the waiver wire.

I hate it anytime somebody brings up an "unwritten rule" argument. If it was important enough, there would be a written rule.

I think baseball's "unwritten" rule book is larger than the printed one.

I hate it anytime somebody brings up an "unwritten rule" argument. If it was important enough, there would be a written rule.

And in this case, if there were a written rule about it, it would defeat the whole purpose of the "waiver wire."

Was Tasker or Jack Kemp injured when we picked them up? Both before my time as a Bills fan. The "unwritten rule" is not to take injured players according to the article, which is dumb. As much as I hate Bill Bellyache I wouldn't classify this as cheating.

Stealing someone off waivers is like stealing something out of someone's trash can out at the curb on trash day.

I love eball's comment about baseball's unwritten rules.

Was Tasker or Jack Kemp injured when we picked them up? Both before my time as a Bills fan. The "unwritten rule" is not to take injured players according to the article, which is dumb. As much as I hate Bill Bellyache I wouldn't classify this as cheating.

Tasker was. But this was a different time, with different rules. Pretty much no one did what the Bills did to get him, although teams wouldn't normally put great players on waivers, hoping to pass them through with the unwritten law that no one would take them. The Bills just thought he was going to be too good a player to pass up, so they took him. It was not as though he was a star then.

And in this case, if there were a written rule about it, it would defeat the whole purpose of the "waiver wire."

Maybe it's one of those unwritten "there is an exception to every rule" rules. If that were the case, and there was actually an exception to every rule, there would be an exception to THAT rule, and there would be one rule without an exception, unless, of course, the one rule without an exception was the rule that says there is an exception to every rule. Hmmm...

Tasker was. But this was a different time, with different rules. Pretty much no one did what the Bills did to get him, although teams wouldn't normally put great players on waivers, hoping to pass them through with the unwritten law that no one would take them. The Bills just thought he was going to be too good a player to pass up, so they took him. It was not as though he was a star then.

Maybe it's one of those unwritten "there is an exception to every rule" rules. If that were the case, and there was actually an exception to every rule, there would be an exception to THAT rule, and there would be one rule without an exception, unless, of course, the one rule without an exception was the rule that says there is an exception to every rule. Hmmm...

Lordy thats has some twists and turns in it !

Nice work there : )

Kelly .. if thats your real name ?

Get Smart had nothing on your perspective Sir !

I remember that Kemp had a broken finger when we picked him up. It was in a splint at the time.

I think baseball's "unwritten" rule book is larger than the printed one.

I think Sam Goldwyn's classic quote applies: "An oral contract ain't worth the paper it's written on."