Concerts coming back to The Ralph in 2015

ET1062

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was @ the July 4th Dead show @ Rich, 1986... My brother starts drinking (Molson) Canadians w/a group from Hamilton and almost goes back on the bus w/them... And he's my ride. For the life of me, I don't know how we got home (Guardian Angel watched over us that night). Stayed @ my brother's house that following night. He lived in Elma right off The 400... I was tripping so bad that I thought planes were landing. It was the sounds of the vehicles on The 400... LoL... Went to work the next day and was still tripping. Heck, I think I still am. What a long strange trip it has been!

LoL... Oh Tom... Petty also played... ;-) Along w/Dylan...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

My first concert ever was the Rolling Stones on August 8, 1975 at then Rich Stadium. Still in high school. Last show on the North American Tour. Bedsheets hanging from the upper level with menus of what people had for sale including the prices (NOT burgers and dogs). Fireworks to rival the 4th of July to keep us mesmerized until the band had left the airport. Stones still in their prime. Eye opening experience is an understatement.

I've been to a lot of other great shows since, but it's like giving a kid a $100,000 Mercedes on his 16th birthday.... it's all down hill from there. (saw the Stones two more times, and it went downhill each time - no shocker there.)

Was like my 8th or so concert there. I had some friends get arrested for bringing in some coke, Efffing Mike Amego! Ruined a friend of mines life basically because of elections ( If I remember right he got 15 -20 years, just 18 at the time).

I forget which tour it was (in 75) but I saw the Somegirls tour too both were good shows. My first concert was CSNY with Santana and 2 other bands I was too high to remember in 73 (I think) when I was 13. There were guys in the corners of the field with big boxes of pot and holding signs with prices, 5$ a nickle etc... was such a cool experience going to concerts in the 70s and early 80s. I went to hundreds.

The last concert I saw at there was Guns n Roses & Metallica. We got there 5-6 hours early and tailgated like it was a Bills game.

Tell me about your secret cult?

Preston , you are big man to admit the Elton John show . And Kiki Dee was hot back then so thats okay

Don't go breakin my heart. :cry:

It's a great new way to see the stadium. Seeing it from the field is like looking at water front property, which you've always seen from the road, but now you're on a boat. All the same stuff, but completely different.

Was @ the July 4th Dead show @ Rich, 1986... My brother starts drinking (Molson) Canadians w/a group from Hamilton and almost goes back on the bus w/them... And he's my ride. For the life of me, I don't know how we got home (Guardian Angel watched over us that night). Stayed @ my brother's house that following night. He lived in Elma right off The 400... I was tripping so bad that I thought planes were landing. It was the sounds of the vehicles on The 400... LoL... Went to work the next day and was still tripping. Heck, I think I still am. What a long strange trip it has been!

LoL... Oh Tom... Petty also played... ;-) Along w/Dylan...

I laughed at this story . sounds familiar .

Early July 1974 The Band... Eric Clapton $7 for ticket

Late July 1974... Lynryd Skynyrd...James Gang..... E L P.... ticket was $7

wow ! thats classic stuff each of them :thumbsup:

Was like my 8th or so concert there. I had some friends get arrested for bringing in some coke, Efffing Mike Amego! Ruined a friend of mines life basically because of elections ( If I remember right he got 15 -20 years, just 18 at the time).

I forget which tour it was (in 75) but I saw the Somegirls tour too both were good shows. My first concert was CSNY with Santana and 2 other bands I was too high to remember in 73 (I think) when I was 13. There were guys in the corners of the field with big boxes of pot and holding signs with prices, 5$ a nickle etc... was such a cool experience going to concerts in the 70s and early 80s. I went to hundreds.

some time i wish i kept my ticket stubs.

If only to remember some of the great shows i have seen in my youth . Some i still kinda remember . 40 years is a long time ago my friends .

On another note kinda . The last concert i saw was Johhny Winter at the Rochester Lilac festival . He was a lifelong guitar god for me My family took me for my birthday a couple years ago and it waseverything i hoped for . Wanted to see him again before he passed and i did ! I was like a young kid screaming and cheering .

even the band was laughing with/at me .

Great stories here. Thanks for keeping the thread running !

Yeah, the who, the clash and david johannson... Great show!

I was there and you are right, they were awful. So bad in fact that I didn't go the next time and heard they were great.

Also saw,

The Who with The Clash

Blue Oyster Cult with Skynard and Ted Nugent

And had tix for the ill feted Zeppelin show

And my regrettable first show

Elton John with Kiki Dee (?)

Saw Monsters of Rock there in 88 I think it was - Scorpions & Van Halen the 2 headliners. Metallica was on too but they hadn't hit big yet. Scorpions were SO much better that day.

saw that concert in Memphis. Dokken and Kingdom Come were also there .

I saw the good ol' Grateful Dead 3 times there, before I moved away. They were some of the best times of my life.

Why/when did they stop holding concerts there? The Dead shows were fantastic.

Edited by Bad Things

yea, i was there, i saw the stones there twice in the 70's.. but because of the aging process cant remember the particulars you are referring to..

The reason you don't remember it has less to do with age, and more to do with the fact that most of that never happened.

Indeed, they did suck, and I was greatly disappointed. They were like gods to me at 16 years old, and this was the first time seeing them. It was Fourth of July by the way, and it was $12 a ticket. I still have it.

But, they didn't stop due to an afternoon wind storm, and people weren't throwing fireworks at the stage due to said stoppage.

I remember thinking Jagger is insanely athletic for somebody 35 years old (I thought that was ancient). The one thing the fans were throwing were frisbees, and he was doing all his Jagger moves and seemed to have eyes in the back of his head, and would duck just as one was about to hit him. It became all part of his dance.

The part that sucked the most was they played something like 70 minutes. Maybe a little longer. Did no encore (and that's what I thought they were saving Satisfaction for) and were definitely wasted.

My first concert ever was the Rolling Stones on August 8, 1975 at then Rich Stadium. Still in high school. Last show on the North American Tour. Bedsheets hanging from the upper level with menus of what people had for sale including the prices (NOT burgers and dogs). Fireworks to rival the 4th of July to keep us mesmerized until the band had left the airport. Stones still in their prime. Eye opening experience is an understatement.

I've been to a lot of other great shows since, but it's like giving a kid a $100,000 Mercedes on his 16th birthday.... it's all down hill from there. (saw the Stones two more times, and it went downhill each time - no shocker there.)

I believe it. I don't know what our parents were thinking - letting us 16 year olds go to the show in '78, where people had just come back from Woodstock. There were no assigned seats and drug dealers just set up shop on the floor. One had a sign that said "Wanna OD? Come see me."

I was at a Rolling Stones all day concert in July 1978 with some great other bands. By the time the Stones played everybody was wasted and they sucked (from what I remember) then a late afternoon storm blew in and they halted...peeps got pissed and started throwing fireworks at the stage. Fortunately we had a friend with a van that didn't drink and he herded us out of the place and safely back to Elmira. Anybody out there that was there???

I think I was at that one (shaky memory) I remember the warm up band and partying all day, I remember sitting in the stands early, wasted, and some couple put their Loblaws bag full of food and drinks down and went to check out where their friends were (this was not assigned seating). I had passed out somewhere in the middle and when I woke up, I "sampled" about 5 sandwiches and then wandered up a few rows. Later when they came back I remember them looking around for the culprit, I just tucked the baggies under my seat and looked innocent. I still feel terrible about it.

I believe it. I don't know what our parents were thinking - letting us 16 year olds go to the show in '78, where people had just come back from Woodstock. There were no assigned seats and drug dealers just set up shop on the floor. One had a sign that said "Wanna OD? Come see me."

Woodstock was about 10 years earlier.

Woodstock was about 10 years earlier.

I took it as a generational thing how bbb phrased what he said. The big stadium shows of the 1970's, our parents had to know what was going on. Of course they did... They weren't "helicopter parents" like there are today. Then there are times when you ask: "What were they thinking?" My brother was throwing keggers/beer blasts in our basement @ 17. Holy moly... Was this before everybody "lawyered up" and micromanaged every aspect of their child's life?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois