Concerts coming back to The Ralph in 2015

ET1062

Concerts are cool...but why don't they go after big events like WWE Summerslam? I think that would be awesome from the Ralph. i know LA has had like the last 3 but not in an open air stadium with the potential for 70-90,000 people.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dead was always good at Rich Stadium.

June 2, 1992: I was 10 and wanted to go to this concert. To this day, I remember people talk about past concerts and how great they were. Much respect, I might fly out to see one in 2015!

saw them grateful Dead once. saw the Who . attended some others way back.

and rather see bands at Holleder Stadium in Roch back in the day

Rather see the Bills honestly at the Ralph.

Preston , you are big man to admit the Elton John show . And Kiki Dee was hot back then so thats okay

I guess the renovations are allowing them to hold concerts again. I always wondered why they stopped doing them there.

A small market city and mega million stage shows is the reason large touring acts stopped. No other reason. as for renovations? no idea why that is floated as a reason.

large stage acts must sell out. margins are tight for the promoter not the act these days. who in Buffalo is ready to pop 300 plus for the nose bleeds too see the Stones?

The Dead was always good at Rich Stadium.

June 2, 1992: I was 10 and wanted to go to this concert. To this day, I remember people talk about past concerts and how great they were. Much respect, I might fly out to see one in 2015!

That was actually my 10th birthday... I crap you not!!!

A small market city and mega million stage shows is the reason large touring acts stopped. No other reason. as for renovations? no idea why that is floated as a reason.

large stage acts must sell out. margins are tight for the promoter not the act these days. who in Buffalo is ready to pop 300 plus for the nose bleeds too see the Stones?

No other reason? Try this:

"Some of the renovations are going to allow us to bring stadium shows back." Marc Honan says concerts could return to the Ralph in 2015

Google is your friend.

yes,like i said never heard of him. The music and entertainment business has a large Arm, obviously he is not yet part of it. i wish him the best if he hopes to break in. the entertainment, touring, music, promoting, biz is a tough one. Well, from our experience anyways. the Bills are still firmly rooted in the football business like him. maybe some day he can branch out. I look forward to hearing his name. keep us posted!

My first concert ever was the Rolling Stones on August 8, 1975 at then Rich Stadium. Still in high school. Last show on the North American Tour. Bedsheets hanging from the upper level with menus of what people had for sale including the prices (NOT burgers and dogs). Fireworks to rival the 4th of July to keep us mesmerized until the band had left the airport. Stones still in their prime. Eye opening experience is an understatement.

I've been to a lot of other great shows since, but it's like giving a kid a $100,000 Mercedes on his 16th birthday.... it's all down hill from there. (saw the Stones two more times, and it went downhill each time - no shocker there.)

Edited by Augie

yes,like i said never heard of him. The music and entertainment business has a large Arm, obviously he is not yet part of it. i wish him the best if he hopes to break in. the entertainment, touring, music, promoting, biz is a tough one. Well, from our experience anyways. the Bills are still firmly rooted in the football business like him. maybe some day he can branch out. I look forward to hearing his name. keep us posted!

Good for you.

I guess the renovations are allowing them to hold concerts again. I always wondered why they stopped doing them there.

IIRC, Ralph didn't like them.being held there. Ergo, they're now back in play. Go figure...

IIRC, Ralph didn't like them.being held there. Ergo, they're now back in play. Go figure...

And reportedly the Bills were going to be sold to the highest bidder in an auction because Ralph didn't want to set anything up long-term for the team.

It's a great new way to see the stadium. Seeing it from the field is like looking at water front property, which you've always seen from the road, but now you're on a boat. All the same stuff, but completely different.