What is better, no guns, or more guns?

3 hours ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

As*hole much?

I also served. Just be take you served and might have PTSD (a lot of people have it who never served in the military) doesn’t mean you should lose your f’ing rights. Holy chit dude. 

How many former military shoot up places??? And I’m all for background checks, I’ve done dozens in my life for firearm purchases. It’s not practical to have people who sell or gift firearms to run another background check. You can’t enforce it and yes, criminals have everything to do with my argument. Most shootings are done by gangs/drug deals. 

Wow dude. PTSD 🤦🏻‍♂️🙄

####### much. Damn ***** right.  So you're all for background checks as long as it doesn't inconvenience you.  It's not practical to have background checks?  Bull ***** *****!  We make it practical.  Here's how.

1. All transfers of weapons (sold of gifted) must be re-registered which includes a background check. How many vehicles have you sold on the street and had to make sure it was re-registered to the new owner?  This just adds a background check to the process.   It's a process that is easy to implement.  Do you really want a weapon with your name on it being sold to someone/anyone who could use it for who knows what?   I'd want my ***** name off of that weapon ASAP.

2. First offense for non-compliance $100k fine (or something sizeable) and 6 months in jail and if the weapon is used in commission of a felony the punishment is exponentially higher.

Sorry I triggered you.  Thank you for your service but it doesn't put you on a high ***** horse.   I wasn't talking just PTSD I said PTSD AND on meds.  I know you stick up for your bothers but they are not squeaky clean when it comes to mass shootings.   Google Ian David Long. 

https://www.citywatchla.com/index.php/cw/important-reads/21426-at-least-36-of-mass-shooters-have-been-trained-by-the-u-s-military

2 hours ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

I’m all for finding a way to keep guns out of criminals and seriously mentally ill people’s hands. 

Are background checks a way to keep weapons out of the hands of criminals and seriously mentally ill people?

One last question.  If I'm mentally unstable and want to shoot up a shopping mall but I know if I go to a sporting good store I now I'll be denied due to my background.  So I put out my feelers and find that you have a weapon for sale so I just buy it from you.  Now I have my weapon and can go shoot up a shopping mall.  Are you cool with this?  

3 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Still don't seem to have answered his question.🤔

They never do man.  Why this place ***** sucks bad sometimes.  Backed the dude into a corner and he came out triggered instead of debating.   

16 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Raise the age to 21

And
Require a training/gun safety class every three years after purchase.

It won’t solve everything but it’s better than doing nothing and really shouldn’t bother anyone who’s a responsible owner. 

What if you are late for class? 

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Stats? 

You need stats? What are you an idiot or something? ( I am gonna have fun quoting you back at yourself when this info has been available for decades, not minutes)

Edited by Buffalo Timmy

7 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Still don't seem to have answered his question.🤔

Isn't the idea that you make it illegal to sell to criminals and people with red flags, so maybe criminals still sell to each other, but wouldn't the supply dry up as illegally owned firearms get picked up in the course of things?

What's the question that I didn't answer? 

PTSD plus taking medication for anxiety or depression doesn't mean someone should have their 2A rights removed. 

4 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

####### much. Damn ***** right.  So you're all for background checks as long as it doesn't inconvenience you.  It's not practical to have background checks?  Bull ***** *****!  We make it practical.  Here's how.

1. All transfers of weapons (sold of gifted) must be re-registered which includes a background check. How many vehicles have you sold on the street and had to make sure it was re-registered to the new owner?  This just adds a background check to the process.   It's a process that is easy to implement.  Do you really want a weapon with your name on it being sold to someone/anyone who could use it for who knows what?   I'd want my ***** name off of that weapon ASAP.

2. First offense for non-compliance $100k fine (or something sizeable) and 6 months in jail and if the weapon is used in commission of a felony the punishment is exponentially higher.

Sorry I triggered you.  Thank you for your service but it doesn't put you on a high ***** horse.   I wasn't talking just PTSD I said PTSD AND on meds.  I know you stick up for your bothers but they are not squeaky clean when it comes to mass shootings.   Google Ian David Long. 

https://www.citywatchla.com/index.php/cw/important-reads/21426-at-least-36-of-mass-shooters-have-been-trained-by-the-u-s-military

Are background checks a way to keep weapons out of the hands of criminals and seriously mentally ill people?

One last question.  If I'm mentally unstable and want to shoot up a shopping mall but I know if I go to a sporting good store I now I'll be denied due to my background.  So I put out my feelers and find that you have a weapon for sale so I just buy it from you.  Now I have my weapon and can go shoot up a shopping mall.  Are you cool with this?  

1. Guns aren't and never should be registered. That's a deal breaker for any 2A supporter. Guns and vehicle arguments are ridiclous. Two separate things. You can own or sell a car and drive it all over your property with no registration. It's not an 'easy' deal. I live in a small town and the closes FFL is 20 miles away. And I continue to say this, CRIMINALS aren't going to 'register' anything. They'll tell you to f-off. 

2. LOL, make a RIGHT a felony. Maybe you should go work for the ATF with that mindset. 

"I wasn't talking just PTSD I said PTSD AND on meds"

What does that matter? You're throwing out crap you don't know what you're talking about. Just so happens... I DO. I'm a clinical mental health professional who studied psychopharmacology. 

You anti-gun people who continue to say "you're cool with this" or "you're okay with dead kids" are moronic. Again, I've bought firearms for family and sold to friends I know. Last firearm I sold to a friend, who was in the USMC, was in 2004. He's not shot any place up and he doesn't have PTSD. You're trying to find ridiclous scenarios that are beyond rare. 

17 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

1. Guns aren't and never should be registered. That's a deal breaker for any 2A supporter. Guns and vehicle arguments are ridiclous. Two separate things. You can own or sell a car and drive it all over your property with no registration. It's not an 'easy' deal. I live in a small town and the closes FFL is 20 miles away. And I continue to say this, CRIMINALS aren't going to 'register' anything. They'll tell you to f-off. 

Maybe they should be registered.  Why is this a deal breaker for 2A supporters.  Oh no!! The nearest FFL is 20 miles away??  This can't be done remotely?  Of course criminals won't register anything.  You can't prevent them from having guns.  It's the mass shootings we're looking at here right?  Mass murderers like we've seen lately are, for the most part, law abiding citizens who have major mental issues.  We'll never get weapons out of the hands of criminals.  That's nearly impossible.  Keeping them out of people with mental issues can be helped with background checks for ALL gun

transactions.  Even private ones.   Again you are all for background checks except when it inconveniences you.  Pretty selfish of you.  

23 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

2. LOL, make a RIGHT a felony. Maybe you should go work for the ATF with that mindset. 

Selling a weapon to someone who should never have a weapon to begin with (if they had gone through a background check) is a right?  Seriously??  Owning a gun is a right.  We're talking about selling one.  See the difference.   

25 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

What does that matter? You're throwing out crap you don't know what you're talking about. Just so happens... I DO. I'm a clinical mental health professional who studied psychopharmacology. 

So you should know for a fact there are people out there that shouldn't own a gun.  Those people could potentially be weeded out with a proper background check.  But you're against certain background checks.  Those that inconvenience YOU!  

28 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

You anti-gun people

Get a clue.  I am a gun owner.  :rolleyes:

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/11/2022 at 1:55 PM, Buffarukus said:

sorry for the long rant. it strikes a cord with me because the beliefs i fight for are the ones overtaken by them mostly. conservatives have picked up some of them so i guess lean right now. that and the fact progressives seem to have a real hatred for this country now.  i know its off topic but interested in what you think on conservatives, traditional liberal stances and why you think they have been abandoned for progressive identifying as one yourself.

Progressives don’t hate the country! It would certainly be accurate, however, to say that progressives are more scathing in their criticisms of typical American public policies.

As you probably guessed, my opinion of classical liberalism is low and my opinion of American conservatism is even lower. Neither philosophy belongs in the twenty-first century. A classical liberal’s view of macroeconomics is overly simplistic and doesn’t pay attention to international data that informs us on how to best grow economies. There are also the modern ethical assessments of economic policy that classical liberals ignore, especially regarding certain goods/services like health care, education, and housing. American conservatism is even worse because it subsumes laissez-faire capitalism, incorporates sentiments of American supremacy into a foreign policy which is slowly bankrupting our country (financially and morally), and hides various bigoted beliefs often behind the guise of either religion or (painfully misinterpreted) science.

I would say that the rise of modern progressivism in the United States is a direct consequence of the Reagan tenure’s shortcomings and the ascent of neoliberalism. NAFTA, the Iraq War, the Great Recession, and this ongoing post-COVID recession (or depression?!) have further irrevocably alienated Americans from classical liberalism and conservatism. There are consequences to shrinking the middle class and decimating the lives of the working class! Or rather…there SHOULD be consequences to doing so. Just looking at polling data and the national surge in labor activism…I’m cautiously optimistic that progressives will take over the Democratic Party by the end of this decade and start exerting real political power throughout the 2030’s.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Delete_Account said:

Progressives don’t hate the country! It would certainly be accurate, however, to say that progressives are more scathing in their criticisms of typical American public policies.

As you probably guessed, my opinion of classical liberalism is low and my opinion of American conservatism is even lower. Neither philosophy belongs in the twenty-first century. A classical liberal’s view of macroeconomics is overly simplistic and doesn’t pay attention to international data that informs us on how to best grow economies. There are also the modern ethical assessments of economic policy that classical liberals ignore, especially regarding certain goods/services like health care, education, and housing. American conservatism is even worse because it subsumes laissez-faire capitalism, incorporates sentiments of American supremacy into a foreign policy which is slowly bankrupting our country (financially and morally), and hides various bigoted beliefs often behind the guise of either religion or (painfully misinterpreted) science.

I would say that the rise of modern progressivism in the United States is a direct consequence of the Reagan tenure’s shortcomings and the ascent of neoliberalism. NAFTA, the Iraq War, the Great Recession, and this ongoing post-COVID recession (or depression?!) have further irrevocably alienated Americans from classical liberalism and conservatism. There are consequences to shrinking the middle class and decimating the lives of the working class! Or rather…there SHOULD be consequences to doing so. Just looking at polling data and the national surge in labor activism…I’m cautiously optimistic that progressives will take over the Democratic Party by the end of this decade and start exerting real political power throughout the 2030’s.

Your opening comment seems defensive and I am curious what they love about our country? They like to criticize the US because they are pathetically ignorant of how the rest of the world works and the implication of their policies if ever enacted. One thing I find appalling from them is all of the topics that really matter to them,not me, they have no idea about any of it. I will point out liberals and progressives are not the same thing in my description.

• Agree 1

On 6/15/2022 at 11:58 AM, Chef Jim said:

Finally someone agrees with me.  Lock it up or don't pick up soap for 6 months. I said a year but would compromise on this.

Edited by reddogblitz

On 6/17/2022 at 4:19 PM, Delete_Account said:

i think your confusing classical liberalism with corporate democrat cronyism. I'm not sure how MLK ( content of character ) or looking at roots of economic problems that would solve issues long term by addressing the entities involved but also require people to invest in self responsibility are simplistic or outdated in the 21st century? i sure hope not. at some point progressives are going to run out of people that are at fault for the problems in this world.

progressive solutions are the ones that sound simplistic to me. they do little to address the longterm damage that accumulates after the self gratification "virtue signaling" is over. you cant "tax the rich" without knowing how that doesnt become higher prices and effects the poor or plants just relocating taking jobs. you cant implement green deals with zero infrastructure and high cost again, crushing the poor. you cant give free college without deterioration of degrees obtained. you cant give free healthcare when most budgets are blown out and can barely pay basic medicare. open boarders! when people are struggling for food housing and work lets let millions more compete! a mexican born republican just won south texas county so a veiled racism on something like boarder security must be spreading to people that progressives are protecting..or maybe looking out for american citizens first and foremost is not what some make it out to be at all and the media has been gaslighting people on a variety of topics. 

now these are obviously quick observations but i don't think i am unfair on the basic generalization of what progressives are essentially saying. give a demand..well is it done yet!? worker rights,  better pay, equality, improving support programs that help people get on their feet are all things traditional liberals have always supported. progressives are just the extreme version that is more ideological then principle based 

when it comes to the laissez-faire capitalism of the right i agree as corporations are just as dangerous as any gov if left unchecked but i also see a major contradiction. the government is the most corrupt corporation in the world. so lets demand solutions that integrate it into MORE aspects of our lives? i will never understand where this complete trust in government was earned. you list many reasons and wars it should not be. you also neglect something very important with (post covid economy). progressives made this problem. they applauded gov lockdowns and authoritarianism under the idea "lives over economics" " stay home save a life" this cont looong after data was clear that (laissez-faire) showed no indication of higher death rates. the right, against immense political, cultural, media pressure did what was best to avoid economic destruction. all while progressives and dems activley supported the destruction of small buisnesses, firing of workers under false vax promises and contributed to inflation with calls to pay everyone to produce nothing. same with censorship of the facts about the pandemic. fighting against these things are liberal ideas. freedom of choice. free from gov oppression, adhering to free speech. 

so the lives progressives were so concerned about are left in financial ruin right now. the struggling people they claim to fight so hard for are the same ones most effected by these decisions now. now a shrug and "it was covid nothing could be done" as if their were no other choices that they were villianizing or info they were busy erasing. they are ignoring the role they were a big part in when it came to prolonging the damage. so future funding for new social programs or something like medicare for all...good luck! the fed is literally playing with complete economic collapse at this point....not that they care.  how is it progressives should be entrusted with ANY political power in the future after this is beyond me. there need to be consequences! like you said.

you need to take a objective look at the outcome of society that followed progressive ideology the last few years. here we are. mix that with the progressive reliance on violence (antifa) (pro life medical centers getting bombed) ( supreme justice attempted murder) (police, ice attacks) (public events that have people they don't agree with bomb threats and destruction over the years) (comedians can't even tell jokes) how can peaceful people even identify with it? but this is the future of the dnc?

i only asked your opinion, instead i am writing another novel to convince you. 😅 is my dangerous misinformation campaign warping your mind? lol. sorry. in summary i hope progressives such as yourself (you seem relatively moderate) realize liberalism has many of the same goals but without the all the nonsense. i think progressives, if staying on the current coarse and not expelling the radical portion quickly, will implode. its why the red wave is predicted and polls are in the trash for dems. dems stance on police, energy, identity politics, open boarders are all based on progressive ideas and all contributing to the current  disaster we have to dig out of. 

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

More guns.  The answer is everyone should own a f...ing gun

I'm pro guns, but... I don't see how that's a good example. A gun would not have helped in that situation. Self defense classes, on the other hand....