What is better, no guns, or more guns?

31 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

They say black lives matter and write it on the street in DC just to placate to get their vote but then don't actually do anything about it. Very shrewd indeed. "If you don't vote for me then you ain't black!"

Yeah, don’t do anything, except for the vast patronage network resulting in trillions in gibs to blacks over the last sixty years all at the expense of the net taxpayer (who statistically is White or Asian). And the constant crying about the blacks’ relative share of police and CJ attention, resulting in more gibs and kid glove treatment by prosecutors and the media. 

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

56795823061b2c3b7c5b1b4be748e428e8834c0c8d1a35ba1ea72a00ccc268b2.thumb.jpg.e9933e2c30e748044a2c8658848ff274.jpg

I was curious about this too so I did some digging.  Different state laws.  Missouri law makes it illegal to release the names of juveniles charged with crimes if they're under 18.  This will change if they're tried as adults.  Wisconsin is one of only three states (Georgia and Texas being the others) that don't offer that same protection as 17 year olds are required by law to be tried as adults.  Thus, Rittenhouse wasn't offered the same protections.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

My whole life I have taken the position of less guns is best. I am not a hunter but 100% respect those that are, for all the people I have met that hunt, are very respectful of the safety required. They follow rules. 

I still believe guns with large magazines and made more for war than hunting should not be available to the public and be controlled.

However, with the recent years of extreme liberal policies allowing for uncontrolled illegal migrants into North America, resulting in huge crime increases, the threats to law abiding citizens, the rise in drug crazed people on neighborhood streets, underground economies from illegals, to violent protests brought to our streets about issues from some distant violent countries, I have rethought my position. 

I am a supporter of immigration, where each Immigrant is veted, and is good for our way of life can join us. Today, that is not what is happening, we have been invaded. The Trojan horse is here. It has changed me and I did nothing to have this happen, my extreme liberal friends did, and my extreme right wing friends are so stupid and involved in ridiculous debate on females rights etc have nit or will not stop this. 

But, back to the subject, I can now see the need to defend my property, my family, whether at home, in the local mall or at the Superbowl parade.

I have never shot a gun, but it looks to be in my future.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

My whole life I have taken the position of less guns is best. I am not a hunter but 100% respect those that are, for all the people I have met that hunt, are very respectful of the safety required. They follow rules. 

I still believe guns with large magazines and made more for war than hunting should not be available to the public and be controlled.

However, with the recent years of extreme liberal policies allowing for uncontrolled illegal migrants into North America, resulting in huge crime increases, the threats to law abiding citizens, the rise in drug crazed people on neighborhood streets, underground economies from illegals, to violent protests brought to our streets about issues from some distant violent countries, I have rethought my position. 

I am a supporter of immigration, where each Immigrant is veted, and is good for our way of life can join us. Today, that is not what is happening, we have been invaded. The Trojan horse is here. It has changed me and I did nothing to have this happen, my extreme liberal friends did, and my extreme right wing friends are so stupid and involved in ridiculous debate on females rights etc have nit or will not stop this. 

But, back to the subject, I can now see the need to defend my property, my family, whether at home, in the local mall or at the Superbowl parade.

Good luck in NY.  It's a process 

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I was curious about this too so I did some digging.  Different state laws.  Missouri law makes it illegal to release the names of juveniles charged with crimes if they're under 18.  This will change if they're tried as adults.  Wisconsin is one of only three states (Georgia and Texas being the others) that don't offer that same protection as 17 year olds are required by law to be tried as adults.  Thus, Rittenhouse wasn't offered the same protections.

Thanks for the clarification.

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Thanks for looking into the law.

However if the shooters were white males under 18, their names would be leaked to the media. Zero question.

• Like (+1) 1

TRUTH: 

"But, as we know, the anti-gun movement isn’t after solutions. They’re after guns.”

FTA.

But, after the Kansas City Super Bowl parade shooting, there’s another valuable point to be made: These “I’m not normally political” celebs don’t want to talk about the factual circumstances of the shooting itself.

The fact is, this was a gang shooting, not a mass shooting. While every life lost is a tragedy, we can’t treat all deaths by bullet the same way if we want to productively solve the problem. Laws that might prevent suicide differ from laws that might dissuade criminals and laws that could dissuade a suicidal mass shooter. When we try to “one size fits all” the problem, we don’t arrive at useful conclusions.

But, as we know, the anti-gun movement isn’t after solutions. They’re after guns.

To admit that the shooting in Kansas City was a gang fight and not a mass murder situation would tip the audience off.

Anybody with even half a lick of common sense knows that gang members who were already carrying guns illegally aren’t going to be stopped by any new anti-gun laws. All that would accomplish would be to burden good people while leaving gang members’ guns alone.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/the-kansas-city-category-error/

• Like (+1) 1

I remember reading an article that said conservatives would be up in arms if a minority was carrying an open weapon into a church and then brandished the weapon against an non-minority juvenile attacker. It went into some fancy pants long worded windiness about how gun control people are racist.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/2867904/u-kansas-researchers-racism-doesnt-have-much-impact-on-peoples-gun-views/?utm_source=newsshowcase&utm_medium=gnews&utm_campaign=CDAQsJ_p9tC3mJl3GNK7k4zX9O6jngEqEAgAKgcICjDphoULMJKZggM&utm_content=rundown

Margaret Kelley, professor of American studies at the University of Kansas, examined the connection between these issues in a new paper titled “Cognitive and Apathetic Racism in Patterns of Gun Ownership and Gun Control Attitudes.” 

Her research concluded that racism has no association with gun ownership, but cognitive and apathetic indicators of racism can influence gun control attitudes for at least some white individuals.

Sociological Inquiry published the research paper.

“The connections between racism, racial attitudes, gun ownership, and gun control policies are complicated,” Kelley said in a release issued by the University of Kansas. “Historically, gun ownership has been racialized and largely restricted to white men. Protection from other people is a major reason for gun ownership, especially handguns. Crime has been racialized, such that many whites perceive crime to be likely to be committed by people of color.”

In my opinion, I want everyone to conceal carry. Everyone.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/20/2024 at 8:58 AM, Niagara Bill said:

PM me.  I’ll get you started.  What a mess.