What is better, no guns, or more guns?

9 hours ago, Pabstblueribbon said:

I suppose this is where the road ends. When forced to reconcile the fact that your solutions are untenable given the constraints set forth on the state by the highest law of the land your only remaining recourse is to undo those constraints. 

Stripping away more liberty from the individual via expanding and packing the supreme court with like minded ideologues who just so happen to share your view on what is "ethical". It's a very shortsighted game you're advocating for, given how quickly the winds of politics change. 

I guess we'll see how it all plays out!

Take care

dude, what r your limits.   Limits are the crux.. realistically, you hope to take on the commander in chief and his legions?  cmon. not gonna win.  try the election booth instead.  you win, i lose...and vice versa.  but we'll  both still be living (somewhere).

4 hours ago, Pabstblueribbon said:

I get it now. Trump mocked the disabled, and you took that personally. Don't forget your helmet. 

Don't forget your dunce cap .

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

7 hours ago, Pabstblueribbon said:

"Roe is laughing". No, Roe is dead. Just like your disgusting ideology. The bodies of the victims have not yet cooled and you turkey vultures are already circling the carcass attempting to leverage the tragedy to foist your delusions of a grand utopia in which all we need are 

You're a joke and a disgrace to actual "liberals", who once championed themselves as

8 hours ago, Pabstblueribbon said:

3. As it pertains to the topic at hand, Your feigned concern over the rights of women is laughable as you advocate for stripping them of the best force multiplier they have when confronted with a larger, stronger attacker who would otherwise overpower them with ease. This is even more troubling if I reject your world of make believe where criminal rapists, muggers, and home invaders all willingly submit to your pie in the sky solution and turn in their guns. 

No one wants to unarm anyone. 

We need to set a line and severely reduce military grade gear people are holding.  Maybe I missed your point.   But more likely it was weak.

Edited by L Ron Burgundy

1 hour ago, Tommy Callahan said:

It's cute when the anti second folks confirm their goal is the removal of your rights vs the "gun control" msm narrative 

When you start talking about not taking women’s rights we can start talking about not taking away your rights

until then, you can defend yourself with a Spork for all I care

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

When you start talking about not taking women’s rights we can start talking about not taking away your rights

The gun is an excellent choice for women to make sure they are not victims. Why do you want to make them more at risk?  

I'm good though.  I have a cc permit in ny.  Not easy 

Edited by Tommy Callahan

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

when you talk about women’s rights aren’t half the baby’s girls? In general what about all the baby’s rights? Don’t they have any?

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/29/2023 at 3:01 AM, Tommy Callahan said:

It's cute when the anti second folks confirm their goal is the removal of your rights vs the "gun control" msm narrative 

This always drives me up the ***** wall, it's so incomprehensibly stupid, that I have to believe at this point it is clear willful ignorance. Oh no they're talking about taking away our rights or doing something about our rights. I've got ***** news for you every ***** law takes away your rights this isn't some sudden surge of authoritarianism this how government and regulations work.

Guess what the law against murder takes away your right, that's right your right to just kill people has been taken away by the big bad government. Before you go and complain that this is a ridiculous and extreme example, that's ***** obvious but the point remains all the way from something as extreme as that to something as mondain as speeding or running a stop sign. That's right the Government has also taken away your right to drive through a stop sign or hell even roll through one, and you're going to sit here and tell me that the idea that they can regulate the purchase and ownership of weapons that kill people is ridiculous and wrong? People need to grow the ***** up they're acting like children.

On 10/29/2023 at 7:49 AM, Tommy Callahan said:

Every weekend in dem strongholds.  Surprised you mentioned. 

On 10/29/2023 at 9:02 AM, Tommy Callahan said:

Dem strongholds are war zones.  Terrorism on the news daily.  And you wanna not only ban guns.  But disarm?  

Yes and then when they trace back those weapons back to the states without any regulations and nobody is ***** surprised.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Dem strongholds are war zones.  Terrorism on the news daily.  And you wanna not only ban guns.  But disarm?  

The other implication of your reasoning is that Governors and State Legislatures aren't responsible for crime in their states.  Which is fine, if it were true.

15 hours ago, Warcodered said:

This always drives me up the ***** wall, it's so incomprehensibly stupid, that I have to believe at this point it is clear willful ignorance. Oh no they're talking about taking away our rights or doing something about our rights. I've got ***** news for you every ***** law takes away your rights this isn't some sudden surge of authoritarianism this how government and regulations work.

Guess what the law against murder takes away your right, that's right your right to just kill people has been taken away by the big bad government. Before you and complain that this is a ridiculous and extreme example, that's ***** obvious but the point remains all the way from something as extreme as that to something as mondain as speeding or running a stop sign. That's right the Government has also taken away your right to drive through a stop sign or hell even roll through one, and you're going to sit here and tell me that the idea that they can regulate the purchase and ownership of weapons that kill people is ridiculous and wrong? People need to grow the ***** up they're acting like children.

Yes and then when they trace back those weapons back to the states without any regulations and nobody is ***** surprised.

But you support abortion up to the delivery date.  What a joke. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Guess what the law against murder takes away your right, that's right your right to just kill people has been taken away by the big bad government. Before you and complain that this is a ridiculous and extreme example, that's ***** obvious but the point remains all the way from something as extreme as that to something as mondain as speeding or running a stop sign. That's right the Government has also taken away your right to drive through a stop sign or hell even roll through one, and you're going to sit here and tell me that the idea that they can regulate the purchase and ownership of weapons that kill people is ridiculous and wrong? People need to grow the ***** up they're acting like children.

You are telling others they act like children at the end of that rant? I am curious if you realize that Maine could have legally taken away that guys guns when he threatened to shoot up the base, but no one followed through. What new law do you propose that would have changed things?

• Like (+1) 1

"Hot Air" makes a good point it didn't mean to. An wacko website it is, but they point out many more mass shooting are happening, but these are "only" with hand guns, so they flay under the radar. Lax gun laws allow and make it almost necassry for, young people in poor neighborhoods to have guns. 

Left-leaning, gun-grabbing racists cheered when the Lewiston shooter was identified as a white male . The Lewiston victims were still cooling in the local morgue as commie pundits dutifully went to work decrying the two things they hate the most: peckerwoods and AR-15s. It was a convenient distraction from the weekend “festival of lead” we. saw in all the familiar places.

Halloween Fright Night

Since the Lewiston shooting of October 25, our nation has been home to ten more mass shootings, most of which didn’t warrant a blip on the news radar.

The ten shootings left 14 dead and 65 wounded. Two took place in Chicago and left 19 people ventilated — 15 in just one shooting involving a handgun. Astonishingly, no one gave up the ghost.

Advertisement

Indianapolis was home to a shooting that left one dead and eight injured at a Halloween bash in a building the police somehow can’t identify — which to me sounds like a “pop-up party.” The victims’ ages ranged from 16-22.

POP-O-RAMA! Pop-up parties frequently take place in illegal locations such as empty buildings and seem to be a magnet for poorly raised, gun-toting youths.

Hallelujah, Its Raining Lead

The bloodiest shooting since Lewiston erupted when two “groups” of maniacs decided to shoot it out during Halloween festivities outdoors in a Tampa-area bar district. Videos show two men with handguns. No AR-15s or MAGA hats were found at the scene.

https://pjmedia.com/kevindowneyjr/2023/10/29/the-10-mass-shootings-since-lewiston-you-didnt-hear-about-n1738971#google_vignette

• Dislike 2

4 hours ago, Irv said:

But you support abortion up to the delivery date.  What a joke. 

@Irv showing even if you were dropped hard on your head it's important to just keep trying anyway, I believe in you buddy. While I do have an opinion on that subject, I would challenge anyone who can actually read, sorry @Irv, to find it in that post I made.

3 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

You are telling others they act like children at the end of that rant? I am curious if you realize that Maine could have legally taken away that guys guns when he threatened to shoot up the base, but no one followed through. What new law do you propose that would have changed things?

When they either actually think or pretend we can't create gun regulations, yes I would call them children. If they have laws they failed to enforce they should enforce them, the fact that failing to do so allowed this seems to highlight that fact. It doesn't matter what laws you make if you don't actually enforce them for anything.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Warcodered said:

@Irv showing even if you were dropped hard on your head it's important to just keep trying anyway, I believe in you buddy. While I do have an opinion on that subject, I would challenge anyone who can actually read, sorry @Irv, to find it in that post I made.

When they either actually think or pretend we can't create gun regulations, yes I would call them children. If they have laws they failed to enforce they should enforce them, the fact that failing to do so allowed this seems to highlight that fact. It doesn't matter what laws you make if you don't actually enforce them for anything.

My point is that many limits exist on what kind of guns can be owned already exist, as do many laws that currently are not being enforced. You calling people childish when you don't seem to have any plan other than enforce laws already on books, is not effective. Lastly your statement that no one wants to take our guns is untrue, many want to, but the constitution makes it basically impossible.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Your naivety is amusing and rather pathetic.   What a mess.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

My point is that many limits exist on what kind of guns can be owned already exist, as do many laws that currently are not being enforced. You calling people childish when you don't seem to have any plan other than enforce laws already on books, is not effective. Lastly your statement that no one wants to take our guns is untrue, many want to, but the constitution makes it basically impossible.

You brought up a specific incident saying they didn't enforce the law, laws aren't effective if you don't enforce them, they're just ***** words otherwise. It's not rocket science. I already explained what I meant when I said childish though it seems fitting sense you're falling right into it at the end of your post. While I do enjoy your last sentence, which statement is this that I made exactly? But anyway you wanted any sort of plan, how about some common sense gun laws/regulations on a National level so we don't have all this State by State loophole bull####.

25 minutes ago, Irv said:

Your naivety is amusing and rather pathetic.   What a mess.  

Just took 7hrs from reacting to come up with this thought provoking response, well it's not like I expected any better.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Warcodered said:

You brought up a specific incident saying they didn't enforce the law, laws aren't effective if you don't enforce them, they're just ***** words otherwise. It's not rocket science. I already explained what I meant when I said childish though it seems fitting sense you're falling right into it at the end of your post. While I do enjoy your last sentence, which statement is this that I made exactly? But anyway you wanted any sort of plan, how about some common sense gun laws/regulations on a National level so we don't have all this State by State loophole bull####.

https://www.cnn.com/factsfirst/politics/factcheck_b584f336-923d-49d9-98c5-d82883116eb4

Even CNN admits that some Dems want to force people to return there guns. The constitution makes it impossible. Not sure how my being aware of that is childish. 

• Like (+1) 2

NY legislator is proposing a law that would stop anyone convicted of a violent misdemeanor hate crime? from owning a gun.

Well, if you're wondering what a violent misdemeanor hate crime is?  ITs words. 

https://www.ny.gov/hate-crimes-task-force/new-york-state-anti-hate-crime-resource-guide

https://higgins.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=4877

(a) Any person who commits, or attempts to commit, any crime as defined by the laws of this State, and who intentionally does any of the following is guilty of a hate crime:

(1) Commits the crime for the purpose of interfering with the victim's free exercise or enjoyment of any right, privilege, or immunity protected by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, or commits the crime because the victim has exercised or enjoyed a First Amendment right, privilege, or immunity.

(2) Commits the crime and is motivated in whole or in part by a belief or perception regarding the race, religion, color, disability, sexual orientation, sex, age, gender identity, national origin, or ancestry of a person or group, regardless of whether the belief or perception is accurate.

(b) For purposes of this section:

(1) "Group" includes an organization or association of persons, whether formal or informal.

(2) "Protective hairstyle" includes braids, locks, and twists.

(3) "Race" includes traits historically associated with race, including hair texture and protective hairstyle.

(c) A hate crime is punished as follows:

(1) If the underlying offense is a violation or unclassified misdemeanor, the hate crime is a class A misdemeanor;

28 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

some Dems want to force people to return there guns

I would love to hear the logistical details behind forcing people to return guns.

Edited by Tommy Callahan
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I used to collect

Do you know what it makes you a target for

robbery

So what you're telling me... if you collect something, you're a target for being robbed. 

LOL

Dude, I live in a rural Oklahoma town, actually outside that little town on 30+ acres. I have a gated fence with a lot of security. In fact, my house has 8 cameras, mostly outside and a damn good alarm. I have a SECUREIT safe that's bolted to the ground, a safe located in a "cubby hole." You're not getting into it unless you know the code. My sheriff, who is a bad ass VERY pro-2A VERY conservatives guy (beat the ***** out of you before the handcuffs if you've done something really bad, type of LEO) has my gate code and my cell phone. Oh, I also have a 'ranch hand' who is out here 5-6 hours a day working with the horses.

So yea, they could try to break in but good luck. God bless them if they try it when I'm home. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Drain the swamp of guns

you keep saying that.

but never follow up with the details or logistics on how you see that happening.

"So they can just be murdered"

The second part is uber Ironic as that's exactly why Americans are not going to turn theirs in.

But good job openly stating the goal is to remove the second.  

Edited by Tommy Callahan
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Drain the swamp of guns 

So they can just be murdered? 

Why should they get special treatment. Practice what you preach. Draining the swamp of guns and enforcing guns laws does nothing. Criminals don't follow the rules and will still find a way to get guns.

• Like (+1) 1