What is better, no guns, or more guns?

7 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

You literally don't know what will happen in the future. 

Pointless to argue with you, Joe, Tibs, or any other liberal. The 2A isn't going away. Guns aren't going away... and I'm not turning mine in because I WILL NOT be unable to protect myself or my family. You can do whatever you like. 

I think u have an anger issue...

do u agree wirth Scalias opinion?  pretty precise words....

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

I completely agree. So how? 

How about law enforcement (both local, state and federal) do their jobs? The guy in Maine was inpatient for 2 weeks, made threats to shoot up a National Guard... the guy in the Texas church shooting, he was dishonorably discharged from the Navy. Both should have not been able to own a firearm. LEO should have gone in and done something about that. 

There are THOUSANDS of gun laws in the country. How many more do we need? How about we enforce the ones we already have first? Start there?

Well, for one thing they can change the rules about honorable discharge is out of the military

I know several people they got honorable discharge is that didn’t deserve them. It’s much easier for the military just to give them a general or an honorable because it’s less paperwork. Got to stop that.

1 minute ago, Tommy Callahan said:

You and yours support and cheere a tyrannical government. 

All day every day.  At every turn. 

We could cut the entire problem in half by just using the laws on the books.  

But 

I don’t think you understand what the word means

Travel outside the United States and then come back and talk to me

right now you’re just ignorant

• Disagree 1

11 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

What does your avatar mean.  Be clear...and there is no need in a civilized society for semi automatic weapons in the hands of the nonmilitary citizens.  Give me a reason.   To kill libs like me when the civil war starts?

You’d make an excellent Communist. Are you one?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

I think u have an anger issue...

do u agree wirth Scalias opinion?  pretty precise words....

I have anger issues because I own firearms and if someone broke into my house to hurt one of the people I love... I'd stop that threat... that means I have "anger issues". 

Well, if that's the case, I guess I do. 🙄

13 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Well, for one thing they can change the rules about honorable discharge is out of the military

I know several people they got honorable discharge is that didn’t deserve them. It’s much easier for the military just to give them a general or an honorable because it’s less paperwork. Got to stop that.

I don’t think you understand what the word means

Travel outside the United States and then come back and talk to me

right now you’re just ignorant

Ah, so that means more people will fall through the cracks that shouldn't be allowed to own a gun. 

Great start to the conversation on how to stop these shootings. Maybe you can see how complicated it can get?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Yea, "I don't want to understand how buying a firearm actually works... I'll just share cartoons that I'll believe are true." 

You're an idiot. You probably get your firearm info from The View. 

Sudafed is regulated more than guns.

Is this you?

18 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Sudafed is regulated more than guns.

Is this you?

So the Biden administration, YOUR chosen administration, seems to be the biggest proliferator of weapons on the planet and that's totally cool.

Yet you support some sort of obtrusive  gun control here at home? 

Now THATS mental illness 

Edited by TSOL
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Nuclear bombs and fighter jets eh? I see we've made it to the red herring stage of the debate. 

The limitations referenced by Scalia narrow the ruling to types or classes of arms (not jets or bombs) that would be commonly owned by citizens. The fact of the matter is that semiautomatic firearms are the most commonly owned class of firearm by citizens for the legal purpose of self defense thus they are protected by 2A. That's the end of the story. Unless you'd like to delve in the the Bruen decision which took Heller and strengthened the rights of the citizen even further by requiring a historical analog or precedent be available to justify any infringement. 

This sent NY in to such a frenzy they actually decided to try and use the historical precedent of disarming Native Americans as the justification for their unconstitutional edicts. 

"From the early days of English settlement in America, the colonies sought to prevent Native American tribes from acquiring firearms, passing laws forbidding the sale and trading of arms to Indigenous people,” the filing from the office of Attorney General Letitia James (D.) reads.

Edited by Pabstblueribbon

1 hour ago, TSOL said:

So the Biden administration, YOUR chosen administration, seems to be the biggest proliferator of weapons on the planet and that's totally cool.

Yet you support some sort of obtrusive  gun control here at home? 

Now THATS mental illness 

No - mental illness is doing nothing o curb the slaughter of human life.

You can’t even go to Tops without getting your head blown off.

F that 

Edited by BillStime

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

No - mental illness is doing nothing o curb the slaughter of human life.

Yiu can’t even go to Tops without getting your head blown off.

F that 

Yes you can, I go to Tops all the time and don't get my head blown off. 

Basically, you can't condemn the right for their stance on gun control when the left is proliferations weapons the way they are. Heck, our govt can pass the most basic legislation these days without the left attaching some war funding to it!

So stop crying about gun control, it makes you the poster boy for hypocrisy! 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, TSOL said:

Yes you can, I go to Tops all the time and don't get my head blown off. 

Basically, you can't condemn the right for their stance on gun control when the left is proliferations weapons the way they are. Heck, our govt can pass the most basic legislation these days without the left attaching some war funding to it!

So stop crying about gun control, it makes you the poster boy for hypocrisy! 

👆🤡

Hoax - all of it. 

You freaks even voted against funding for mental health.

GTFoH w this BS.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beast said:

Nah. You’re all about government/military rule.

I'm not.  but you better read up on communism.  I'm no communist.  I believe in meritocracy.

1 hour ago, Pabstblueribbon said:

he limitations referenced by Scalia narrow the ruling to types or classes of arms (not jets or bombs) that would be commonly owned by citizens. The fact of the matter is that semiautomatic firearms are the most commonly owned class of firearm by citizens for the legal purpose of self defense thus they are protected by 2A. That's the end of the story.

that's the end of the story til we expand and fill up SCOTUS with ethical, smart people....

• Like (+1) 1

I suppose this is where the road ends. When forced to reconcile the fact that your solutions are untenable given the constraints set forth on the state by the highest law of the land your only remaining recourse is to undo those constraints. 

Stripping away more liberty from the individual via expanding and packing the supreme court with like minded ideologues who just so happen to share your view on what is "ethical". It's a very shortsighted game you're advocating for, given how quickly the winds of politics change. 

I guess we'll see how it all plays out!

Take care

29 minutes ago, Pabstblueribbon said:

I suppose this is where the road ends. When forced to reconcile the fact that your solutions are untenable given the constraints set forth on the state by the highest law of the land your only remaining recourse is to undo those constraints. 

Stripping away more liberty from the individual via expanding and packing the supreme court with like minded ideologues who just so happen to share your view on what is "ethical". It's a very shortsighted game you're advocating for, given how quickly the winds of politics change. 

I guess we'll see how it all plays out!

Take care

Roe is laughing at you - u fn hypocrite.

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Roe is laughing at you - u fn hypocrite.

1. I never expressed an opinion on abortion, as this is not the topic of discussion here. 

2. Filling vacancies in the Supreme Court as they present themselves is different than unilaterally expanding the number of SCOTUS seats and simultaneously appointing new judges to fill them. 

3. As it pertains to the topic at hand, Your feigned concern over the rights of women is laughable as you advocate for stripping them of the best force multiplier they have when confronted with a larger, stronger attacker who would otherwise overpower them with ease. This is even more troubling if I reject your world of make believe where criminal rapists, muggers, and home invaders all willingly submit to your pie in the sky solution and turn in their guns. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Pabstblueribbon said:

1. I never expressed an opinion on abortion, as this is not the topic of discussion here. 

2. Filling vacancies in the Supreme Court as they present themselves is different than unilaterally expanding the number of SCOTUS seats and simultaneously appointing new judges to fill them. 

3. As it pertains to the topic at hand, Your feigned concern over the rights of women is laughable as you advocate for stripping them of the best force multiplier they have when confronted with a larger, stronger attacker who would otherwise overpower them with ease. This is even more troubling if I reject your world of make believe where criminal rapists, muggers, and home invaders all willingly submit to your pie in the sky solution and turn in their guns. 

1) Don’t matter - you freaks are programmed the same.

2) Trump McConnell packed the court.

3) Roe is still laughing at you. Stop embarrassing yourself.

36 minutes ago, BillStime said:

The truth hurts these MAGA gun nutters - that’s why they are so defensive and desperate to blame everyone but their votes

I was actually prepared to let you have the last word, misinformed and condescending as it may be.. but then you had to come back and pathetically double post to try and get yet another shot in. 

You add nothing to this discussion. You are effectively a Twitter repost bot devoid of any ability to comprehend nuance let alone digest opinions expressed in long form. When cornered you deflect to tangential arguments for which you have no basis of fact. You are the quintessential holier than thou clairvoyant leftist who believes that they know what's best despite their obvious high-school level education.

"Roe is laughing". No, Roe is dead. Just like your disgusting ideology. The bodies of the victims have not yet cooled and you turkey vultures are already circling the carcass attempting to leverage the tragedy to foist your delusions of a grand utopia in which all we need are more laws and more concessions and more restrictions placed on the American people who had no part in this. I've seen the evolution of your kind. Fat slovenly totalitarians who are too stupid to win on the merits of the argument so you disingenuously flail around reposting other people's quips like youre some kind of sociological expert when you're clearly too stupid to even type out more than 3 sentences before copy/paste syndrome kicks in. 

You're a joke and a disgrace to actual "liberals", who once championed themselves as being fighters for civil liberty rather than pigs in a pen wallowing away on the slop that is fed to them by their almighty government. 

You should have quit while you were ahead. 

Edited by Pabstblueribbon
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Pabstblueribbon said:

I was actually prepared to let you have the last word, misinformed and condescending as it may be.. but then you had to come back and pathetically double post to try and get yet another shot in. 

You add nothing to this discussion. You are effectively a Twitter repost bot devoid of any ability to comprehend nuance let alone digest opinions expressed in long form. When cornered you deflect to tangential arguments for which you have no basis of fact. You are the quintessential holier than thou clairvoyant leftist who believes that they know what's best despite their obvious high-school level education.

"Roe is laughing". No, Roe is dead. Just like your disgusting ideology. The bodies of the victims have not yet cooled and you turkey vultures are already circling the carcass attempting to leverage the tragedy to foist your delusions of a grand utopia in which all we need are more laws and more concessions and more restrictions placed on the American people who had no part in this. I've seen the evolution of your kind. Fat slovenly totalitarians who are too stupid to win on the merits of the argument so you disingenuously flail around reposting other people's quips like youre some kind of sociological expert when you're clearly too stupid to even type out more than 3 sentences before copy/paste syndrome kicks in. 

You're a joke and a disgrace to actual "liberals", who once championed themselves as being fighters for civil liberty rather than pigs in a pen wallowing away on the slop that is fed to them by their almighty government. 

You should have quit while you were ahead. 

Oh. She’s back.

Remember this day?

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7pudl8omcfibbo1i5m5

3 hours ago, Pabstblueribbon said:

I see you are new here and I am warning you that expecting an intelligent response from his the definition of insanity. I often view he is a conservative that is simply taking a schtick of liberalism to an absurd degree, the rest of the time I think he is simply not that bright.

• Haha (+1) 1