What is better, no guns, or more guns?

2 hours ago, GG said:

Absolutely.

Make no mistake, having access to the guns with high capacity stock makes it much easier to perpetuate a mass shooting.  What it doesn't do is address the urge by these individuals to perpetuate mass killings.

See the answer above.  Having an easier access to the gun is not the motivation to go out and start shooting people.   

As I said before, the licensing and background is just one piece of this. But it’s a worthwhile one. 

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

(For added clarity -- both sides are guilty of this. But the media only backs one of the horses in that race)

Nah. I'm just pointing out your spin and calling it out for what it is: partisan. You want to run from it or ignore the point, that's fine. It's on you.

I'm not running from anything.

You seem to be extremely disappointed that one of these guys was a clear cut terrorist who went out and murdered Latinos because he felt there were invading the country (where have we heard that before?).

You're acting like it's unfair one guy is being labelled a terrorist, and the other guy is mostly being labelled as a crazy person, because they have 5-6 years worth of clear signs of mental illness, and you're pissed about it. I don't know of many terrorists who kill their sister in their "terrorist attack". 

It's incredibly bizarre.

Edited by jrober38

Just now, jrober38 said:

I'm not running from anything.

You are -- by moving from something you said: One guy was a terrorist, the other guy was just a nut, to:

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

You seem to be extremely disappointed that one of these guys was a clear cut terrorist who went out and murdered Latinos because he felt there were invading the country (where have we heard that before?).

Which is something I neither said nor believe or expressed. 

But you don't want to stay on topic, and you know what you wrote was indeed partisan spin -- so you run from it and try to make the conversation about something else entirely. 

You're acting like it's unfair one guy is being labelled a terrorist, and the other guy is mostly being labelled as a crazy person, because they have 5-6 years worth of clear signs of mental illness, and you're pissed about it.

It's incredibly bizarre.

That's not what I'm doing. 

I'm pointing out your comment is partisan. It is. It's designed to keep the focus on partisan issues and not the real issue. That's exploiting the tragedies for your own partisan purposes. It's ugly and gross. 

But when you can't argue facts -- spin spin spin.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Exiled again proves he's not the sharpest tool in the drawer. :lol: I don't care about being mocked. 

Can confirm.  I mock DR all the time.  If he cares at all, he seems to enjoy it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You are -- by moving from something you said: One guy was a terrorist, the other guy was just a nut, to:

Which is something I neither said nor believe or expressed. 

But you don't want to stay on topic, and you know what you wrote was indeed partisan spin -- so you run from it and try to make the conversation about something else entirely. 

That's not what I'm doing. 

I'm pointing out your comment is partisan. It is. It's designed to keep the focus on partisan issues and not the real issue. That's exploiting the tragedies for your own partisan purposes. It's ugly and gross. 

But when you can't argue facts -- spin spin spin.

GUN CONTROL IS CLEARLY A PARTISAN ISSUE.

One side for the most part wants common sense gun laws, and the other completely refuses to discuss the issue.

One side for the most part wants common sense gun laws, and the other completely refuses to discuss the issue.

Shootings are bi-partisan issues. They're crimes, committed against people of all partisan persuasions. 

They don't become partisan issues until the spin machine starts spinning and writing things like this:

39 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Shooter #1 was a terrorist.

Shooter #2 was just a crazy guy with a gun.

Which was my point. Your spin here above is partisan. 

Thank you for admitting it. 

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Shootings are bi-partisan issues. They're crimes, committed against people of all partisan persuasions. 

They don't become partisan issues until the spin machine starts spinning and writing things like this:

Which was my point. Your spin here above is partisan. 

Thank you for admitting it. 

The partisanship is based off of the GOPs refusal to do anything about gun laws, and the fact that mass shootings continue to happen month after month, year after year. 

Doing nothing is clearly not an option, yet that's the GOP's stance and the vast majority of Americans don't agree with them on this issue. 

Just now, jrober38 said:

The partisanship is based off of the GOPs refusal to do anything about gun laws, and the fact that mass shootings continue to happen month after month, year after year. 

Doing nothing is clearly not an option, yet that's the GOP's stance and the vast majority of Americans don't agree with them on this issue. 

It doesn’t matter to either side, Obama got nothing down with Congress in his hip pocket

Maybe make murder illegal?

5 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

The partisanship is based off of the GOPs refusal to do anything about gun laws,

The partisan spin I'm discussing is yours. The GOP didn't spin your words. You wrote them. You chose to diminish one of the shootings while elevating the other from a mere crime to "terrorism". You did this because you want to focus more on the partisan issues YOU care about: immigration, gun control, and anti-Trumpisms. 

But in reality -- both committed crimes with guns.

Both had political motivations based on their social media footprints.

And yet your spin allows you to ignore one in favor of the other because focusing on both would force an honest person, not a partisan, to admit that this is an issue that crosses the political aisle and whose causes are more nuanced than just "Trump is a monster!" 

It's dishonest to it's core... but you can't see it because, as you admitted, you're a partisan who's spinning. 

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

33 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

What's your solution? 

47 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Ah, yes, the call for "common sense" gun laws.  That phrase would carry more weight were most of the National stage politicians that liberals / progressives support not nut cases themselves.

And the "other side completely refuses to discuss the issue.". :rolleyes:

Edited by Taro T

36 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The partisan spin I'm discussing is yours. The GOP didn't spin your words. You wrote them. You chose to diminish one of the shootings while elevating the other from a mere crime to "terrorism". You did this because you want to focus more on the partisan issues YOU care about: immigration, gun control, and anti-Trumpisms. 

And yet your spin allows you to ignore one in favor of the other because focusing on both would force an honest person, not a partisan, to admit that this is an issue that crosses the political aisle and whose causes are more nuanced than just "Trump is a monster!" 

It's dishonest to it's core... but you can't see it because, as you admitted, you're a partisan who's spinning. 

But you have to admit that blaming video games for right wing terrorism is simply a right wing political spin 

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

But you have to admit that blaming video games for right wing terrorism is simply a right wing political spin 

It’s part of the sickness. A condo across from my office has a guy playing these games constantly, massive TV screen I can see clearly after sundown

This is totally dicked up.

49 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Jrober is a liberal Canadian simply trying to keep you occupied debating nonsense with him in order to divert you from more important investigation and discussion. That's his MO the few times he has come down here. Ignore him.

32 minutes ago, row_33 said:

It’s part of the sickness. A condo across from my office has a guy playing these games constantly, massive TV screen I can see clearly after sundown

This is totally dicked up.

A part. But young men are playing these games all around the world. 

The mass shootings are happening here. 

Maybe we can be kind to some people. Especially the loners posting here. 

Link between mass shooters, absent fathers ignored by anti-gun activists.

EXCLUSIVE: Firearms Expert Says Dayton Shooter’s Weapon Was Illegally Modified.

The weapon, which was obtained legally, was modified illegally.

“If more gun control is what they want, how does this get stopped? What’s next? We just ban parts?”.

Indeed.

10 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

A part. But young men are playing these games all around the world. 

The mass shootings are happening here. 

Maybe we can be kind to some people. Especially the loners posting here. 

the US has some fundamental problems that are not reflected in any other first world country

Good luck with all this