What is better, no guns, or more guns?

8 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

And there we go.  The dumbest thing I'll see all day...

A well regulated Salad Bar, being necessary to the security of a good Lunch, the right of the people to assemble and add dressing, shall not be infringed.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/oakland-university-staff-distributes-hockey-pucks-defend-armed-shooters-035422491.html

Havent they heard that you’re not supposed to bring a hockey puck to a gun fight?

And, to make a safe campus, shouldn’t the campus be a hockey puck free zone? We obviously need to consult with some biracial, transvestite, Muslims to help us figure this out. 

Edited by The_Dude

On 11/25/2018 at 2:15 PM, DC Tom said:

And there we go.  The dumbest thing I'll see all day...

I love that they choose a picture of a handgun WITH suppressor as if they all come with suppressors...because you know, it's easy to get one, especially on those 2 for 1 Black Friday sales.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/oakland-university-staff-distributes-hockey-pucks-defend-armed-shooters-035422491.html

Havent they heard that you’re not supposed to bring a hockey puck to a gun fight?

And, to make a safe campus, shouldn’t the campus be a hockey puck free zone? We obviously need to consult with some biracial, transvestite, Muslims to help us figure this out. 

Don Rickles agrees with this.?

2 hours ago, ALF said:

What the hell Georgia? Those are rookie numbers. We gotta pump those numbers up. 

That settles it. I’m going to buy a new Glock today. I think I’ll go with the Gen 5, 26, with tru glow night sights of course. #Freedom

7 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

That settles it. I’m going to buy a new Glock today. I think I’ll go with the Gen 5, 26, with tru glow night sights of course. #Freedom

You'll love it.  Great little gun.

Though I'm a Trijicon guy myself.

23 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

You'll love it.  Great little gun.

Though I'm a Trijicon guy myself.

I had a Gen 3 I got rid of 3 years ago in a trade. Regretted it ever since. I’ve been carrying a G17 and want something smaller so I can conceal when I have to go into the “hood” and I despise my M&P 380. 

Im a Glock man through and through. 

7 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I had a Gen 3 I got rid of 3 years ago in a trade. Regretted it ever since. I’ve been carrying a G17 and want something smaller so I can conceal when I have to go into the “hood” and I despise my M&P 380. 

Im a Glock man through and through. 

I know what you mean.  I carry a 17 for work and love it, but I can't imagine trying to conceal one in Georgia heat.  Got a 19 (winter) and 26 (summer) for concealing.  I was gonna pick up a 43 as a pocket gun but when I went to my local gun shop they had the P365's in stock so I got one of those instead.  Not exactly a Sig fanboy but it's a great gun.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, LeviF91 said:

I know what you mean.  I carry a 17 for work and love it, but I can't imagine trying to conceal one in Georgia heat.  Got a 19 (winter) and 26 (summer) for concealing.  I was gonna pick up a 43 as a pocket gun but when I went to my local gun shop they had the P365's in stock so I got one of those instead.  Not exactly a Sig fanboy but it's a great gun.

Yeah...so, I'm a bit overkill....

The reason I rock Glock 9mm is because I have a custom Kel Tec Sub 2000, with G17 grips that stays in the trunk. 9mm out of a carbine is serious business! So, I make sure that all my guns that I carry can be fed with G17 mags. No, I wont keep a G17 mag in my G26. I'll only have the loaded mag on me, and in my console are 33 rd "happy sticks." Does anybody need to carry that many guns and ammo around? Well, I can seriously piss off a large crowd because my mouth has no filter. So.......also, I believe in maintaining basic combat load of 210 rds at ALLLL times. Excessive, I know. But if zombies come I aint gonna be lookin stupid. 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Pardon my ignorance but what is the point of this exercise?  

A quick glance at the first page of the referenced study shows the data was compiled in early 2013

https://injuryprevention.bmj.com/content/injuryprev/early/2015/06/09/injuryprev-2015-041586.full.pdf?keytype=ref&ijkey=doj6vx0laFZMsQ2

The last sentence of the abstract states:

In conclusion, we found strong association between social gun culture and gun ownership. Gun cultures may need to be considered for public health strategies that aim to change gun ownership in the USA.

My suspicion is that this survey was conducted to garner support for the failed Assault Weapons Ban of 2013.

That said, I'm not confident in their methodology.  For example they show a gun ownership rate of 27.1% in Pennsylvania.  I ask, have they ever driven thru Pennsyltucky?

6 hours ago, The_Dude said:

Yeah...so, I'm a bit overkill....

The reason I rock Glock 9mm is because I have a custom Kel Tec Sub 2000, with G17 grips that stays in the trunk. 9mm out of a carbine is serious business! So, I make sure that all my guns that I carry can be fed with G17 mags. No, I wont keep a G17 mag in my G26. I'll only have the loaded mag on me, and in my console are 33 rd "happy sticks." Does anybody need to carry that many guns and ammo around? Well, I can seriously piss off a large crowd because my mouth has no filter. So.......also, I believe in maintaining basic combat load of 210 rds at ALLLL times. Excessive, I know. But if zombies come I aint gonna be lookin stupid. 

How do you like the kel tec? I’ve been debating between that and the ruger 9mm carbine.

I carry my 26 with the 12 round extended mag loaded in it, and a 17 round backup mag. Same idea with the 19, just carry with the standard 15 round mag in it. 33 round sticks are fun at the range for sure but i haven’t found a great way to carry them outside of a range bag haha

I’m looking at building a 300 blackout pistol for a truck gun. I want to get a good locking mount for it for the trunk too. 

17 hours ago, LeviF91 said:

43 is my go to for EDC. I like the single stack affect as my job requires uber-concealment. I pop a +2 on and carry with 8+1 (I also love the extra handle room)

Id love to step up to a 19 at some point for when I’m not at work, but they’re not cheap. 

On 11/19/2018 at 12:38 PM, LeviF91 said:

"No one wants to take your guns."

Daily reminder that SJW's always lie, and there is no such thing as "common sense gun control measures."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2018/05/03/ban-assault-weapons-buy-them-back-prosecute-offenders-column/570590002/

Shall not be infringed.

I'm at page 148 of 150, but I think the point has already been made, more guns in the hand of good people = better, right?  I mean, if we're to believe that most (or more than half) of people are 'good' by birth/definition/etc, then we'd be better with more guns in the hand of the greater population of good people, right?  Math?

I'm quite sure that that's not what the left is arguing, but by definition, if we're to assume that the vast majority of people are 'good', then the simple answer is more guns in the hand of good people = better.

Yep, you're right Jeremy, makes perfect sense.  Why thank you, everyone. that was asking.  Seems pretty simple.

I get why Trump might have a problem with some of these questions.  It seems to me the answers are so crazy-common-sense