Jeffrey Gundlach to explore Bills purchase

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more that I hear about it the more it appears that there is quite a few billionaires who are just downright Bills' fans, mostly homegrown folks, who want nothing more for this franchise than to keep it here in good old Buffalo. New York! I sure hope that it plays out like this, no region would love or appreciate this franchise like the people in Western New York.

I was just looking through some of the fan shots for the 4th of July on the Bills web site it would be a travisty if the NFL let the Bills out of Buffalo !!

But if owners like JJ have there way he will be leading the charge cause he's just that big of a jerk !!

The more *I* hear about it, the more I feel like I should have pursued a career in the banking industry, I'm not sure the action sports industry is going to be me to a billion plus by the end of month so I can bid on the Bills...

Also, lol at this quote: "I think it would be a tragedy to have the Bills go to some random city and be called, you know, the L.A. Multitude or whatever the hell they'd call it." :D

I appreciate the enthusiasm and he is thinking correctly, but my guess is that the NFL owners club will welcome the liquid cash and stability of Terry Pegula over Mr. Gundlach. Pegula seems like the old school guy they like. Already owns a pro team.. Builds arenas at Big Ten schools.. Builds 250 million dollar hotels. These are all high profile endeavors.

Edited by SF Bills Fan

Despite what he says, I'm not too sure I trust a guy who lives in LA to buy the Bills and keep them here....

Why? Most people not from LA hate it there and think the people are fake and disingenuous.

First of all, a Billion doesn't sound like it gets the job done against Pegula for one thing. Didn't Pegula just rake in 1.75 Billion in cash? I think he'd have a problem outbidding "The Donald" as well... end of story...

I don't think you need the full amount in cash to make the purchase, just the necessary amount of worth for the bank to loan the money. I'm not saying every bidding owner would borrow the money but they could. Similar to most of us don't have the liquid money to purchase the house we purchase, but we have the reasonable means to make the payment.

I know money will be an important factor but I actually think the trust is looking for more than that. Respectable bid - coupled with their comprehensive plan to keep them in Buffalo - will get you the second tier of consideration for the purchase. Then I believe a more detailed set of questioning will come after and the person the trust feels matches the wishes of the late Ralph Wilson the most will be chosen,

I don't think you need the full amount in cash to make the purchase, just the necessary amount of worth for the bank to loan the money. I'm not saying every bidding owner would borrow the money but they could. Similar to most of us don't have the liquid money to purchase the house we purchase, but we have the reasonable means to make the payment.

I know money will be an important factor but I actually think the trust is looking for more than that. Respectable bid - coupled with their comprehensive plan to keep them in Buffalo - will get you the second tier of consideration for the purchase. Then I believe a more detailed set of questioning will come after and the person the trust feels matches the wishes of the late Ralph Wilson the most will be chosen,

from what I understand you can only finance up to 200 mil of the purchase price. So these teams are basically all paid for.

Where does Golisano live? How about Pegula? You do know Gundlach is a Buffalo guy, right?

Sure--I'm in his industry. I know who he is and I know his background and where he lives now and I stand by my statement.

He can't afford them. It would take a whole group of investors to try and come up with the kind of cash Pegula has on hand in his checking account. If Pegula wants the team, it's his. He hasn't publicly expressed his level of interest though. Meanwhile we know guys like Gundlach and Bon Jovi are dying to get a team

Sure--I'm in his industry. I know who he is and I know his background and where he lives now and I stand by my statement.

I've been told that the Bills aren't leaving. It is a non issue at this point. There are other buyers that have not been made public but everyone involved will be keeping the team in WNY.

http://blogs.wsj.com...terested-buyer/

Gundlach acknowledged that Bills owner Ralph Wilson is unlikely to part with the franchise while still living. He also acknowledged that buying a sports franchise in Western New York isn’t a huge growth opportunity. “It’s not an investment,” he said. “It’s because I love the Bills.”

I know he's not the most trustworthy guy in bond trading -- lawsuits, etc. But he appears to understand the fierce loyalty that binds us all to the team. He has one great advantage over Pegula and Tom G. He is in his mid-50's -- give me a guy who is going to live for 25 more years and keep the team local. I have actually been waiting for his name to resurface.

Edited by JoeF