Jeffrey Gundlach to explore Bills purchase

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite what he says, I'm not too sure I trust a guy who lives in LA to buy the Bills and keep them here....

Yea but he is from Amherst.

Since Jon Bon Jovi was interested in buying the team I'd like the Goo Goo Dolls to pony up as well :D

How about Cannibal Corpse ? ;)

Yea but he is from Amherst.

I know all that--but he lives in LA now. What better way to move a team there--get a Trojan Horse in the form of a local boy to be the front man to buy the team, and then make a ton of money for your clients/investors (which is his day job) by flipping them to LA during the 2019 Buffalo lease window. Just enough time to build a stadium in LA. The link above where he was talking about courting his clients (to whom he normally owes a fiduciary duty to maximize profits) about the purchase makes me fear that even more.

Edited by MattM

Something I thought was interesting is Terry Pegula's net worth is currently reported at 3.1 Billion. That would rate him the 5th wealthiest owner in the NFL, if the reports of NFL owners is accurate.

Paul Allen is by far the wealthiest in Seattle(15 bil), then Stan Kronkie of the Rams (5 bil), Steven Ross of the fins (4.8 bil), the glazers in Tampa (4.4 bil), then Pegula at 3.1.

Maybe it's just me, but I thought JJ, Arthur Blank, Shaad Kahn, Robert Kraft, etc. we're worth more. He's obviously in a position to purchase, has the liquid capital, and has our best interests at heart.

I hope this ends soon with Pegula as the owner, the announcement of a new stadium downtown so he can maximize his investments downtown, and continue to build up the area.

I know all that--but he lives in LA now. What better way to move a team there--get a Trojan Horse in the form of a local boy to be the front man to buy the team, and then make a ton of money for your clients/investors (which is his day job) by flipping them to LA during the 2019 Buffalo lease window. Just enough time to build a stadium in LA. The link above where he was talking about courting his clients (to whom he normally owes a fiduciary duty to maximize profits) about the purchase makes me fear that even more.

Again, most people from other places that live in LA hate it there

Do you believe he'd reach out to Jim Kelly and then turn around and screw all Bills fans? Do you think JK would even partner with someone like that if he fears that could happen?

He doesn't seem to have the cash to do it on his own... Amazing to say this as the guy is reported to be a billionaire.

Yep, nobody has ever told this guy before that he can't afford something but when it comes to the Bills he isn't going to have enough $. Pegula has more cash in his checking account than this guy plus all of his investors. If Pegula wants it all he has to do is write a check

I dont fully trust these buy/sell mogul types that made a ton of money doing nothing but acquiring, manipulation, selling, etc. Local guys who are predominantly made by a business venture like Paychex, East Resources, Delaware North, and Rich Products... Thats by far the most optimal choice.

I just feel like that programmed trait of being able to buy for X, then wait out the lease and sell for X+1 Billion would be way too tempting for the Gundlachs, Millsteins, and Trumps of the world

I would take my chances with those guys over MLSE or someone obviously desiring to relocate....

Matthew Fairburn@MatthewFairburn 50s

Jim Kelly said he's been approached by a number of people in pursuit of the ownership of the Bills. Not a part of any group just yet.

The rumblings in the past were that he had a group ready to go. Now he's being approached by multiple parties? The two aren't mutually exclusive, but it strikes me as a bit odd.

I think Pegula's new $1.75B in cash would be something like $1B for the team, and $750M as his contribution to the new stadium downtown?

I simply cannot imagine someone putting out 1.75B to run an NFL team in the leagues smallest market. not going to happen. The numbers cannot possibly work in any reasonable scenario.

The rumblings in the past were that he had a group ready to go. Now he's being approached by multiple parties? The two aren't mutually exclusive, but it strikes me as a bit odd.

Read somewhere recently that the group from a few years ago is no longer in place, although it was not revealed who it was, but that he is still interesting in being a part of a bid.

Read somewhere recently that the group from a few years ago is no longer in place, although it was not revealed who it was, but that he is still interesting in being a part of a bid.

I think that group was led by George Gillett, but then his came out in May: http://bills.buffalonews.com/2014/05/02/george-gillett-expected-bid-bills/

Colorado businessman George Gillett, the former owner of the Montreal Canadiens, is not expected to make a run at purchasing the Buffalo Bills, The Buffalo News has learned.