Most overrated current Bill?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whereas the title of this thread is, "Most overrated current Bill?," (as opposed to "worst" Bill), and, whereas being overrated does not preclude one from being talented, and whereas it is still June and people's lofty optimism has (as it does every June), risen to the level of delusion, I am going to cast a vote that to some will be considered blasphemy. The most overrated current Bill is Sammy Watkins.

That's right, I said it. Sammy Watkins. Until he faces an NFL defense, he is not a proven commodity.

Personally I don't think that the rookies can be rated at all. We don't know what their performance will yield. If Watkins leads the league in receiving (not likely) he will be underrated. In order to be rated at all you have to have a body of work to analyze. He is more likely to be overrated than underrated because of the high expectations but we have no real sense if he is over, under or rated just right. Same goes for Cyrus, Cyril, etc...

It's like draft grades. Until you know if a guy is good or not you can't really analyze their performance. It's an incomplete. I remember a few years back Jax took Tyson Alualu (sp) and got destroyed. He ended up being a decent football player & better than some of the guys that they got ripped for passing on.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Eric Wood.

I like the guy and he says all the right things but anytime he has a bad game or even a bad play, the blame always goes to the left or right guard. And that's not always accurate.

Well thats just not true. Eric Wood should be in the pro bowl every year. If he was on a great team, the entire league would know who he is

Doesn't it have to be....

Super?

He gets a lot of credit but IMO he is clearly the Bills best player. In addition, he is one of the top 3 4-3 DE in football (with Hardy & Quinn). I think that Mario is the best football player that the Bills have had since the glory years. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Eric Wood.

I like the guy and he says all the right things but anytime he has a bad game or even a bad play, the blame always goes to the left or right guard. And that's not always accurate.

+1

You just don't see him dominate the middle like you'd expect from all the accolades he gets. I'm sure his personality goes a long way in getting him slack. I think he's just an average to slightly above average player but people talk about him like he's one of the best centers in the league.

CJ Spiller

Kyle Williams

It's a toss up. Neither has produced in a way that they should frontier current position.

A RB that's had 2 seasons well under 500 yards rushing, one over 1,000 and one under 1,000. Never scoring 10 TDs is Piss poor.

A DT that has been the only constant on a DLine that continually gets worse and worse against the run. It's the most important position on the DLine for clogging up running lanes and he sucks at it. Of course even a blind squirrel finds a but every now and then, but man is he bad against the run.

not sure if there's any logic whatsoever to this post

your crazy if you don't think he has been a problem at times.

Well thats just not true. Eric Wood should be in the pro bowl every year. If he was on a great team, the entire league would know who he is

im also wondering who is blaming the LG and RG? It sure isn't Wood. Maybe the fans.

In that case I think the fans are overrated. Most think they know way too much about football when they really have no clue.

Except JBoyst.

Eric Wood.

Interesting. But with the exception of Levitre (and maybe a 1/2 season of Urbik), he's had crap lining up next to him his entire career as a Bill.

I think it's very telling that many head coaches (off the top of my head Belichick and Rex) and other scouts/coaches all say he is one of the most underrated at his position.