AFC East

So we've hashed and re-hashed everything Bills-related this offseason and still have a month until TC. Let's talk divisional opponent news and players.

Starting with the Miami "we got swept by Thad Lewis who grew up across the street from our stadium; FML" Dolphins:

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter 12m

With Dolphins C Mike Pouncey out at least three months after hip surgery, Miami's O-line will have five brand-new opening-day starters.

Rotoworld Football@Rotoworld_FB Jun 20

Report: Knowshon Moreno knee injury is 'bad' http://dlvr.it/63hk8X

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll play: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24595235/qb-coach-tom-house-tom-brady-issues-in-2013-mechanical

P*ts QB coach has identified mechanical issues that he claims explain Brady's statistical off :season last year. Looking for a rebound this year.

kj

Mechanical issues huh? Yea my car started breaking down after a decade of abuse also.

Mechanical issues huh? Yea my car started breaking down after a decade of abuse also.

Of note, in the linked article is the following:

“He wants to be competitive as long as he can,” House said of Brady. “He wants to play until he’s 43-45 years old. There’s no reason these guys can’t do it, if you can identify what they need to do to sustain and maintain what they had at the peak of their careers, and it’s doable. Guys like Tom and Drew [brees], they’re looking to stay as good as they can, as long as they can.”

“He wants to be competitive as long as he can,” House said of Brady. “He wants to play until he’s 43-45 years old. There’s no reason these guys can’t do it, if you can identify what they need to do to sustain and maintain what they had at the peak of their careers, and it’s doable. Guys like Tom and Drew [brees], they’re looking to stay as good as they can, as long as they can.”

I'll give you four reasons he can't. Their names are Mario, Marcel, Kyle, and Jerry.

P*ts QB coach has identified mechanical issues that he claims explain Brady's statistical off :season last year. Looking for a rebound this year.

Well maybe ... reaction time also slows down with age.

And I want to retire when I'm 40. Brady can want all he wants but history shows most qbs don't last that long. New or old NFL. You make it to your upper 30s and you're an exception to the rule. Kind of like fj.

And I want to retire when I'm 40. Brady can want all he wants but history shows most qbs don't last that long. New or old NFL. You make it to your upper 30s and you're an exception to the rule. Kind of like fj.

Or Favre. That guy was built out of iron. Who was our Bills linebacker who pretty much ended his career?

I think we split with Miami and NE. Sweep the jets.

So do we have a copy of the jets play book yet?

Hopefully Miami starts 0-4

Hopefully Pettine at least left one of those around OBD as a parting gift!

Or Favre. That guy was built out of iron. Who was our Bills linebacker who pretty much ended his career?

I think we split with Miami and NE. Sweep the jets.

Arthur "Don't Cross the" Moats (signed with Pitt in FA)

I'll give you four reasons he can't. Their names are Mario, Marcel, Kyle, and Jerry.

Okay now.

Allan , Stephan , Corbin , Nigel , Ty , Keith , BRANDON , Kiko ( how could you forget ? the shame on your house. oh dear ) . Nickell ,Leodis , Ron ,Corey , Stephon , Ross , Aaron , Duke , D Searcy , Jonathan , Kenny , Mario

and jim shwaatz .

Sikes will have Thomas weeing his panties by the first half because jim will blitz him through an open gap and B S will go boogeddy boogeddy ! whilst showing his canines and meaning it.

Let the pitching coach have at it. Tom will retire in fear this year

Edited by 3rdand12

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk · 22m

Joe Philbin's son accused of causing crash, leaving scene, asking cops to delay investigation for pending promotion http://wp.me/p14QSB-9vvU

No one is talking about the Jets QB situation. Anywhere. At least that I have seen. That is surprising to me. It shows the status of Vick, the belief in Smith, and sets it up just right for Boyd.

I have seen something about it being Geno's job to lose. I don't know who I would rather play, him or Vick, but we don't play them until week 8 so with that situation there is a decent chance one could be hurt or benched by then. Also this: (probably because he is drooling at playing the Bills 2x/yr. Hopefully this is a new run D!!):

The Redzone@TheRedzoneorg Jun 21

Chris Johnson says he's still capable of rushing for 2,000 yards http://bit.ly/1lHTCKI #NFL #Jets

I'll play: http://www.cbssports...2013-mechanical

kj

Chris Wesseling@ChrisWesseling Jun 20

Brady in decline? Over a 5-week span with Gronk healthy last year, Pats led NFL with 36 points and 473 yards per game http://www.nfl.com/n...ffense …

NFL: AroundTheLeague@NFL_ATL Jun 20

Patriots' goal is for Gronkowski to be ready for season opener, per @AlbertBreer http://www.nfl.com/n...er_atl …

Edited by YoloinOhio

Okay now.

Allan , Stephan , Corbin , Nigel , Ty , Keith , BRANDON , Kiko ( how could you forget ? the shame on your house. oh dear ) . Nickell ,Leodis , Ron ,Corey , Stephon , Ross , Aaron , Duke , D Searcy , Jonathan , Kenny , Mario

and jim shwaatz .

Sikes will have Thomas weeing his panties by the first half because jim will blitz him through an open gap and B S will go boogeddy boogeddy ! whilst showing his canines and meaning it.

Let the pitching coach have at it. Tom will retire in fear this year

Tom Brady is a great player, and for some reason it just seems like he always avoids the big hit. I want to see a massive crunch laid on him this season like the one Mario laid on Tannehill last year in the game in Miami. Not the sack he caused the fumble on... the one before that drive. Do y'all remember that? Just a huge, clean, perfect form tackle through the numbers. I want to see Tom walloped like that. Nothing dirty. Just something huge. This is my wish.

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk · 22m

Joe Philbin's son accused of causing crash, leaving scene, asking cops to delay investigation for pending promotion http://wp.me/p14QSB-9vvU

I have seen something about it being Geno's job to lose. I don't know who I would rather play, him or Vick, but we don't play them until week 8 so with that situation there is a decent chance one could be hurt or benched by then. Also this: (probably because he is drooling at playing the Bills 2x/yr. Hopefully this is a new run D!!):

The Redzone@TheRedzoneorg Jun 21

Chris Johnson says he's still capable of rushing for 2,000 yards http://bit.ly/1lHTCKI #NFL #Jets

Chris Wesseling@ChrisWesseling Jun 20

Brady in decline? Over a 5-week span with Gronk healthy last year, Pats led NFL with 36 points and 473 yards per game http://www.nfl.com/n...ffense …

NFL: AroundTheLeague@NFL_ATL Jun 20

Patriots' goal is for Gronkowski to be ready for season opener, per @AlbertBreer http://www.nfl.com/n...er_atl …

Anytime I want to coach, I keep thinking about this stories about how messed coaches' kids are. I hate Miami but I feel bad for Philbin.

And I'm an admitted homer but I feel the Bills have the most talented roster in the AFC East. That means nothing though because the Pats have Brady and the Jets have Rex Ryan to coach their D. But on paper, this is as good of a team as we have had since the early 2000s IMO.

Tom Brady is a great player, and for some reason it just seems like he always avoids the big hit. I want to see a massive crunch laid on him this season like the one Mario laid on Tannehill last year in the game in Miami. Not the sack he caused the fumble on... the one before that drive. Do y'all remember that? Just a huge, clean, perfect form tackle through the numbers. I want to see Tom walloped like that. Nothing dirty. Just something huge. This is my wish.

I think that is an underrated skill great QBs have. Manning never takes hard hits. Brees or Rodgers rarely do either. Russell Wilson has been really good at avoiding them as well. Hopefully, EJ will too.

Anytime I want to coach, I keep thinking about this stories about how messed coaches' kids are. I hate Miami but I feel bad for Philbin.

And I'm an admitted homer but I feel the Bills have the most talented roster in the AFC East. That means nothing though because the Pats have Brady and the Jets have Rex Ryan to coach their D. But on paper, this is as good of a team as we have had since the early 2000s IMO.

I think that is an underrated skill great QBs have. Manning never takes hard hits. Brees or Rodgers rarely do either. Russell Wilson has been really good at avoiding them as well. Hopefully, EJ will too.

True but yet, they have all had a serious injury causing them to miss multiple games or full seasons. Add Roethlisberger and Rivers to that list as well. Eventually, they all get injured and need to bounce back. Wilson has been good at sliding (baseball background) but only been in the league 2 yrs. Manning's injury was off the field - he is the anomaly and Eli has not missed games that I can recall either. Peyton took some hits this past year and was playing with two high ankle sprains, I believe, for art least some of the season which makes his numbers even crazier.

That wish came true back In the 2008 opening game, as Brady took a hit from the Chiefs D, and suffered a knee injury knocked him out for the season. So he is not completely immune to a big hit. Its just that he has always had a better then average O line, receivers, coaching, and good teams around him.

That year after Brady went on IR after the first game, the Patriots went on to an 11-5 season with a QB who never started a single game in college, and his last previous start was in high school. Yeah, you read that right. Matt Cassel played four years at USC, and he never started in a single game.

Anyway, the Patriots beat the Bills 2x that year, and even with a game slated in the bills favor they still lost. In a game at RWS with high winds so the QB's couldn't pass well at all, and the Bills having the better RB's the Bills were still beaten 13-0. It was just sad, as they were out rushed by Sammy Morris, LaMont Jordan.

Bottom line is Tom Brady is a HoF QB, and has been playing at a high level for twelve years now. Still, if the Patriots didn't have Brady I think that Bill Belichick would have found another QB to win games for him. To me coaching is everything, and should the Bills have had Brady instead, they probably would have ruined him.

Anyway, as long as the Patriots have Belichick they will be contending for the division title. Rex Ryan will always have a top defense that will help him win games. The only question is if the Dolphins have a HC that can build a winner. However that Dolphin team did get better under Philbin. From 6-10 before him to 7-9, and then to 8-8 last year under his two year reign.

If the Bills really have finally found the right HC, then they could be contending for a playoff spot this year. That is a big "IF" tho.

Seems like Vick is saying all the right things so far but it will be interesting to see what goes down in the Jets training camp. IMO Vick will fight for the job. What really scares me about the Jets is CJ2K. He might be motivated to have a good season. And the Bills better be prepared for the Jets to try and run the ball .

NE will still be tough as long as Brady is throwing the rock. And they got Revis, and Will Smith from the Saints. Still see them winning the division.

Evan Silva@evansilva 8m

Of rookie TEs, Jace Amaro I think has best shot to be reliable week2week producer. Targets should be there as No. 2 option behind Decker.

So this is the annual preseason thread saying how great we will be and who we will beat. The Buffalo Bills continue to be the best off-season team in history.

No, it isn't. It's a thread about our divisional opponents. If some posters feel some of those teams will lose to the Bills or are less talented than the Bills, that is their opinion, but so far it has been pretty balanced. Edited by YoloinOhio

I'd love for the NE coaches to start monkeying with Brady's mechanics!

"Try this: hop, hop, flick! Stick with that for 4-5 games and let's see if you're getting better results. It will take awhile for it to feel natural...."

I'd love for the NE coaches to start monkeying with Brady's mechanics!

"Try this: hop, hop, flick! Stick with that for 4-5 games and let's see if you're getting better results. It will take awhile for it to feel natural...."

But I read right here on this forum that a QB's mechanics can never be worked with and improved over time... interesting. I guess it is just our QB's.

So this is the annual preseason thread saying how great we will be and who we will beat. The Buffalo Bills continue to be the best off-season team in history.

Did you read the thread, or just post randomly? o_O

Lots of talk in Sirius this afternoon about the Vick / Geno competition with Rich Gannon and Bruce Murray. Gannon feels the Jets should start Vick, then bring in Geno if he struggles; feels it'll be tough (and will be bad for Geno) if he gets the start and is pulled in a few games for Vick.

They also talked about the pre-season and how fans are going to see Vick playing against 2s and 3s, but Geno against 1s - which could lead to fans screaming about how much better Vick is than Geno (despite the competition) and could make for a less than ideal situation for Geno...

Definitely going to be fun to watch this one play out!

That wish came true back In the 2008 opening game, as Brady took a hit from the Chiefs D, and suffered a knee injury knocked him out for the season. So he is not completely immune to a big hit. Its just that he has always had a better then average O line, receivers, coaching, and good teams around him.

That year after Brady went on IR after the first game, the Patriots went on to an 11-5 season with a QB who never started a single game in college, and his last previous start was in high school. Yeah, you read that right. Matt Cassel played four years at USC, and he never started in a single game.

Anyway, the Patriots beat the Bills 2x that year, and even with a game slated in the bills favor they still lost. In a game at RWS with high winds so the QB's couldn't pass well at all, and the Bills having the better RB's the Bills were still beaten 13-0. It was just sad, as they were out rushed by Sammy Morris, LaMont Jordan.

Bottom line is Tom Brady is a HoF QB, and has been playing at a high level for twelve years now. Still, if the Patriots didn't have Brady I think that Bill Belichick would have found another QB to win games for him. To me coaching is everything, and should the Bills have had Brady instead, they probably would have ruined him.

Anyway, as long as the Patriots have Belichick they will be contending for the division title. Rex Ryan will always have a top defense that will help him win games. The only question is if the Dolphins have a HC that can build a winner. However that Dolphin team did get better under Philbin. From 6-10 before him to 7-9, and then to 8-8 last year under his two year reign.

If the Bills really have finally found the right HC, then they could be contending for a playoff spot this year. That is a big "IF" tho.

No, that was a low hit at the knee. That's unfortunate, and no one (well, I hope) wants to see anybody get seriously injured like that on the football field. I'm talking about just seeing him try to stand in there, not see Mario beat the tackle on an inside move, and drive his shoulder through Brady's scrawny chest and into the ground like a battering ram. I don't want to see the guy injured... just hit so hard they are thrown off their game. (Example: Ryan Fitzpatrick hit by London Fletcher so hard in Toronto he changed the way he stepped into the pocket. I know, he may have broken ribs in that hit. IMO he also changed the way he stepped up after that. Never say him step forward and deliver the way he did v KC, Oakland, and NE after that hit. He always did a little side step to throw when a defender was coming, causing the ball to float even more)

C.Biscuit, totally agree it's a skill that good QBs have to avoid those hits. It makes us, as fans, call them soft when they hit the deck when they see that hit coming, but it's smart. That's why it makes me want to see Brady get crushed once in awhile even more :thumbsup:

Yup, it's all about Belichick that's why his record in Cleveland was 36-44 and the first year in New England without Brady 5-11. People always want to point to that year Brady got hurt and say "see, Belichick can win with anyone at QB". That one year is the exception not the rule. Fact is without Brady, Belichick record is 52-60.

its kind of related

http://nypost.com/20...oyfriend-shirt/

That is pretty funny... but I could only focus on the turkey neck in that pic. :lol:

Did you read the thread, or just post randomly? o_O

Lots of talk in Sirius this afternoon about the Vick / Geno competition with Rich Gannon and Bruce Murray. Gannon feels the Jets should start Vick, then bring in Geno if he struggles; feels it'll be tough (and will be bad for Geno) if he gets the start and is pulled in a few games for Vick.

They also talked about the pre-season and how fans are going to see Vick playing against 2s and 3s, but Geno against 1s - which could lead to fans screaming about how much better Vick is than Geno (despite the competition) and could make for a less than ideal situation for Geno...

Definitely going to be fun to watch this one play out

But which one will he throw into the 4th qtr of a PS game to get killed?All the NY media needs is another full-on QB competition with Rex as the ringleader. More of this to come:

http://nypost.com/20...full-offseason/

I would love this. Nelson was a solid player for us, but he would have a shot of making the roster now

I wonder if he will play in the slot. Jets offense will be interesting.... no real #1 WR but some decent players with Decker, Nelson, Hill and that little guy they drafted who is about 5'7. Then you throw in Amaro .... they will try to run the ball a lot as usual. At least we'll have 7 weeks of film on them before we play.

I wonder if he will play in the slot. Jets offense will be interesting.... no real #1 WR but some decent players with Decker, Nelson, Hill and that little guy they drafted who is about 5'7. Then you throw in Amaro .... they will try to run the ball a lot as usual. At least we'll have 7 weeks of film on them before we play.

Eh. Hill has looked terrible against every team besides us. I like Decker but he's never been the #1 weapon. Amaro could be a solid but hardly field stretcher. And I love Nelson as person but he was slow before his injury. That's a slow receiving core IMO.