AFC East

Eh. Hill has looked terrible against every team besides us. I like Decker but he's never been the #1 weapon. Amaro could be a solid but hardly field stretcher. And I love Nelson as person but he was slow before his injury. That's a slow receiving core IMO.

hence my term "interesting" :D I see all these "guys" but wondering where they will all line up and who they will focus on.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha. And I should take into account the Bills ability to turn scrubs into pro bowlers. See Stephen Hill.

Hill and CJ2K are sitting in a room together somewhere getting wasted and watching highlight film of all their games against the Bills. Then they invite Geno in for the Justin Rogers moments. Special appearance by Mark Sanchez. Edited by YoloinOhio

Yup, it's all about Belichick that's why his record in Cleveland was 36-44 and the first year in New England without Brady 5-11. People always want to point to that year Brady got hurt and say "see, Belichick can win with anyone at QB". That one year is the exception not the rule. Fact is without Brady, Belichick record is 52-60.

Yet he did manage to lead that craptastic Cleveland Brown team to a playoff berth now didn't he! How many times has that team seen the playoffs since 1994? Allow me to say that Cleveland hasn't had that many wins in the past 20 years since they fired Belichick

He took over a completely worthless 3-13 team, and went 6-10 in his very first season as HC. Then 7-9 with Mike Tomczak at QB, and again 7-9 with washed up QB Vinnie Testaverde . Then in his fourth year as HC the Browns went 11-5. If I'm not mistaken that Cleveland team only allowed 20 sacks that year, fewest in the league. Testaverde still stunk with 16 TD's, 18 INT's.

I suppose I'm wasting my time explaining all this to someone who doesn't get that Belichick managed to get to 11-5 with Matt Cassel at QB. A player who never started a single game in his four years at college, and hadn't started a game since high school. Thus in my view he managed to make a complete bum look like a competent NFL QB...again.

Edited by FeartheLosing

I wonder if he will play in the slot. Jets offense will be interesting.... no real #1 WR but some decent players with Decker, Nelson, Hill and that little guy they drafted who is about 5'7. Then you throw in Amaro .... they will try to run the ball a lot as usual. At least we'll have 7 weeks of film on them before we play.

Every one in the AFC east will try to run the ball against us. Hell probably every team that plays us !

Until Bills prove they can stop the run that is .

AFC east ! Meet Brandon Spikes . MLB , Buffalo Bills .

Yup, it's all about Belichick that's why his record in Cleveland was 36-44 and the first year in New England without Brady 5-11. People always want to point to that year Brady got hurt and say "see, Belichick can win with anyone at QB". That one year is the exception not the rule. Fact is without Brady, Belichick record is 52-60.

It was also the year following their 16-0 season where they broke many offensive records. They went into the 2008 season(Brady injury season), with no significant changes to the offensive roster.

Edited by Dibs

Worst case from my perspective we go 1-5 against the division. While I don't think that will happen I feel that the jests are improved and Rex did a pretty fine coaching job last season (IMO). The pats* are the pats* until we prove it on the field. Fins still appear to have a ways to go and we'll likely fight it out with them for the bottom 2 spots. I'm hopeful that this is the year we turn it around, but, there are a lot of variables that must be counted on:

EJ

Schwartz

Crossman

WR as a group

O-line (looks good on paper)

LB (looks much better on paper)

Punter?

EJ must play a minimum of 13 games and he must show that he is ready for the NFL game week in/week out.

Can Schwartz improve on last year's defensive performance? Stopping the run is a must. Can the front 4 put enough pressure on the QB thereby not hanging the LB's and DB's out to dry?

Crossman (I don't think I need to explain this)

The WR's appear talented. Can Watkins translate his game to the NFL? Can Williams bounce back and have a healthy/productive season? Can Woods improve on his rookie performance? Can the team use Goodwin effectively and can he stay relatively healthy?

O-line appears to be drastically improved over 2013. They should be just fine.

Will Kiko adapt to outside play? Will Spikes do what he's done in the past? Who's the other guy (Bradham? Williams? someone else?) and can they hold their own?

Punter?

All that said...I'd be very disappointed with 1-5 in the division. I think that 3-3 is very possible. If we can get one from the pats* things could turn out very good.

I believe we can go 4-2 in the division with splitting the Pats and Jets, while sweeping the Fish. The fish looked to have regressed, and the QB situation is awful in NY. We have to win at home against the Pats in October. It's enough games we should be in a rhythm.

Looking at the season, we need to come out early winning. The back end will be tough.

I believe we can go 4-2 in the division with splitting the Pats and Jets, while sweeping the Fish. The fish looked to have regressed, and the QB situation is awful in NY. We have to win at home against the Pats in October. It's enough games we should be in a rhythm.

Looking at the season, we need to come out early winning. The back end will be tough.

Agree with all of this.

2-4 in the division. Either a sweep of the Dolphins, or a split with them and the Jets.

Finish the season with between 5 and 7 wins, for third or fourth in the division.

Pats will continue to kick our asses. The Jets are improved, possibly moreso than we are, and have a better coaching staff. The Dolphins are a mess.

Edited by Dorkington

Pro Football Focus @PFF · 19m

With the first run complete, we've started to look back over the Depth Charts again, starting with the AFC East https://www.profootb...-east/ …

Manuel upgraded from "poor" to "below average"

Spiller downgraded from "high quality" to "good"

Chandler upgraded from "below average" to "average"

Edited by YoloinOhio

Pro Football Focus @PFF · 19m

With the first run complete, we've started to look back over the Depth Charts again, starting with the AFC East https://www.profootb...-east/ …

Manuel upgraded from "poor" to "below average"

Spiller downgraded from "high quality" to "good"

Chandler upgraded from "below average" to "average"

Still no upgrade for Mario Williams huh?

Multiple pro bowls.

Finished 4th in sacks last year, 23.5 sacks the last 2 seasons.

A quote from one of their own writers "Mario Williams has been a very good and very versatile edge defender".

All this while Michael Bennett and Cliff Avril, recording fewer tackles and sacks, are considered "high quality".

I can't stand PFF.

We can beat all of these teams.

The Bills have the talent to do it.

Agreed. It would be nice to see it proven however this season. About time this team goes 6-0 in this division. They wanna talk big. Let's see on the field this season!

Louis Riddick@LRiddickESPN 9m

The strength or weakness of the #Dolphins program is sure going to be revealed in the next 2-3 seasons...if it is in fact intact that long.

Louis Riddick@LRiddickESPN 8m

Cap situation going forward not favorable, good players' contracts coming up/likely to leave, recent draft classes have not shown much....