AFC East

No one is talking about the Jets QB situation. Anywhere. At least that I have seen. That is surprising to me. It shows the status of Vick, the belief in Smith, and sets it up just right for Boyd.

If Chris Johnson has a re-bound year, it will probably be through Buffalo. He's a game changer.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As with the last dozen years, the AFC East comes down to the Patriots and then everyone else. I'm fairly confident none the less that the Bills grade out as the next best team. Who do the Dolphins really have as offensive weapons after Mike Wallace? After the departure of Reggie Bush, their running game is a disaster. Their defense really doesn't scare me either. In terms of the Jets, I tend to laugh out loud. Geno Smith is a train wreck and now they add Michael Vick? Chris Johnson is a talent for sure, but if you're a Jets opponent, don't you just put 9 in the box and make them beat you through the air? I believe that the Bills will miss Kiko Alonso a lot this year. I don't think that you can understate the value of a guy that played EVERY defensive snap last year. That is not an exaggeration either. I do think that the addition of Spikes and Rivers will help the run defense a lot. Losing Byrd is a big TBD. Regardless of the changes, I think the Bills defense is the best of the 4 teams on paper. Offensively, it all comes down to what E.J. does or doesn't do this year; how much he's learned; and how he runs the offense.

As with the last dozen years, the AFC East comes down to the Patriots and then everyone else. I'm fairly confident none the less that the Bills grade out as the next best team. Who do the Dolphins really have as offensive weapons after Mike Wallace? After the departure of Reggie Bush, their running game is a disaster. Their defense really doesn't scare me either. In terms of the Jets, I tend to laugh out loud. Geno Smith is a train wreck and now they add Michael Vick? Chris Johnson is a talent for sure, but if you're a Jets opponent, don't you just put 9 in the box and make them beat you through the air? I believe that the Bills will miss Kiko Alonso a lot this year. I don't think that you can understate the value of a guy that played EVERY defensive snap last year. That is not an exaggeration either. I do think that the addition of Spikes and Rivers will help the run defense a lot. Losing Byrd is a big TBD. Regardless of the changes, I think the Bills defense is the best of the 4 teams on paper. Offensively, it all comes down to what E.J. does or doesn't do this year; how much he's learned; and how he runs the offense.

Do you laugh out loud at the Jets every year when they beat the hell out of us in the first half of the year?

What about when they finish with a better record than us for 4/5 years? What about when they beat the Patriots more than us, or play them much closer?

What about when they put up 40 on us during the buttfumble year?

Edited by FireChan

Do you laugh out loud at the Jets every year when they beat the hell out of us in the first half of the year?

What about when they finish with a better record than us for 4/5 years? What about when they beat the Patriots more than us, or play them much closer?

What about when they put up 40 on us during the buttfumble year?

you mad, bro? lol. Winning by a TD at home at the last minute when we we are missing half our D doesn't translate to "beating the hell out of us". We did, however, beat the hell out of them missing our starting WRs.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24624016/patriots-first-year-dl-armond-armstead-retires?

P*ts DL Armond Armstead, product of USC and the CFL, retires before his first NFL season begins.

According to Armstead, it wasn't the grueling workouts, the pain, or the future surgeries that prompted the decision. It was the constant texts he received from head coach Bill Belichick throughout the offseason.

kj

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24624016/patriots-first-year-dl-armond-armstead-retires?

P*ts DL Armond Armstead, product of USC and the CFL, retires before his first NFL season begins.

According to Armstead, it wasn't the grueling workouts, the pain, or the future surgeries that prompted the decision. It was the constant texts he received from head coach Bill Belichick throughout the offseason.

kj

The old thread crossover. Nice move!

you mad, bro? lol. Winning by a TD at home at the last minute when we we are missing half our D doesn't translate to "beating the hell out of us". We did, however, beat the hell out of them missing our starting WRs.

8-8.

Any Bills fan who rips on the Jets must have just woken up from a coma.

8-8.

Any Bills fan who rips on the Jets must have just woken up from a coma.

good job outta the Jets to get to .500. I wasn't ripping on them, however, I just disagree that they beat the hell out of us last yr in the 1st game. I know you were referring to the other poster. sexy Rexy 4ever.

NFL: AroundTheLeague@NFL_ATL 13m

Rex also says: Patriots should be worried about us http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000366175/article/rex-ryan-i-know-im-a-great-coach?campaign=Twitter_atl RT @LyonsYellin: Rex Ryan=Punxsutawney Phil...that's great! 1f602.png

Rex knows how to take pressure off his players. There will be a lot less pressure on Geno vs Vick when the media is asking Rex for the next soundbite

And he is a good coach. If he had a decent QB all these years he might have won a super bowl

Rex knows how to take pressure off his players. There will be a lot less pressure on Geno vs Vick when the media is asking Rex for the next soundbite

And he is a good coach. If he had a decent QB all these years he might have won a super bowl

......I agree... :thumbsup:

Not much screams great about Rex. He is 46-40 in his HC career and his team has missed the playoffs the last 3 years running going 22-26 during that span.

My opinion of Rex - and it will remain this way until he wins something (division, conference, or SB)- is he is an excellent DC and a competent HC. He seems like a good guy, but I have never been a fan of him as a HC. JMO.