Bills officially for sale - let the bidding begin!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One building out of billions vs 32 NFL stadiums. I think naming rights on an NFL stadium pull in more cash than a hotel name.

And now that I say that knowing he is as arrogant as he is he would probably do it.

I was not specifying a hotel name. I was trying to say that The Donald would want to put his name on the Ralph somewhere in HUGE letters.

Faster is probably better, in that the longer this is drawn out, the more chance for outside parties to swoop in with a bid. The best options for keeping the team in Buffalo are likely to bid first, so better to get 'er done now.

One building out of billions vs 32 NFL stadiums. I think naming rights on an NFL stadium pull in more cash than a hotel name.

And now that I say that knowing he is as arrogant as he is he would probably do it.

seriously.

how tacky would that be?

could you even imagine how arrogant... how classless... how tasteless.. someone would have to be to name a stadium after themselves!!!?!

i mean, that would just completely torpedo the success of a team. set a franchise back for years. honestly, if a team did that, they could kiss the playoffs goodbye for a decade, maybe a decade and a half.

probably the only thing you could do worse would be building your stadium on an indian burial ground!!!

LOL!

:wallbash:

OMG you guys I went to dinner and haven't been on the forums for the past 2 hrs. Did the team sell? Did El Pegual whip out his pocket book and write out a check for $1 BIL or did he opt for the briefcase full of $100 bills?

I keep hearing an emphasis on parties wanting the team to be sold sooner than later. And though there could be hiccups in the process, so far the timetable proposed in the AP story, though somewhat ambitious, remains an objective.

jw

Definitely noticed we hit some milestone

seriously.

how tacky would that be?

could you even imagine how arrogant... how classless... how tasteless.. someone would have to be to name a stadium after themselves!!!?!

i mean, that would just completely torpedo the success of a team. set a franchise back for years. honestly, if a team did that, they could kiss the playoffs goodbye for a decade, maybe a decade and a half.

probably the only thing you could do worse would be building your stadium on an indian burial ground!!!

LOL!

:wallbash:

The BIG difference to me is this

Was Ralph ever an arrogant azz?

Rich Products, a Buffalo-based food products company, signed a 25-year, $1.5 million deal ($60,000 per year), by which the venue would be called "Rich Stadium"; one of the earliest examples of the sale of naming rights in North American sports. (The name was somewhat of a compromise, after Bills owner and founder Ralph Wilson rejected the name Rich wanted to use, "Coffee Rich Park.")

By a vote of 16 to 4, the county legislature approved the name in November 1972, despite a matching offer from Wilson to name it "Buffalo Bills Stadium.

When the Bills organization regularly referred to the stadium without the "Rich" name, Rich Products brought a $7.5 million lawsuit against the team in 1976.

After the original deal expired after a quarter century in 1998, the stadium was renamed in honor of Wilson. Rich Products balked at paying a greatly increased rights fee, which would have brought the price up to par with other NFL stadiums.

http://en.wikipedia...._Wilson_Stadium

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I keep hearing an emphasis on parties wanting the team to be sold sooner than later. And though there could be hiccups in the process, so far the timetable proposed in the AP story, though somewhat ambitious, remains an objective.

jw

In your opinion, would a quicker sale favor any particular bidders that have been named--- or perhaps, any type of bidder (ie, individual vs. group; bidders with greater liquidity; etc)?