Bills officially for sale - let the bidding begin!

According to Wawrow, a prospective candidate might be identified by the end of July. I'm sure if that happens, someone will leak it well before the vote in October.

I agree. It would seem once all the other owners are let in on it, that's too many people in the know for it to stay contained.

Can anyone recall how previous franchise purchases have gone? Has info leaked before formal approval?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. It would seem once all the other owners are let in on it, that's too many people in the know for it to stay contained.

Can anyone recall how previous franchise purchases have gone? Has info leaked before formal approval?

With the Browns, it was a surprise when Haslam was announced but OTOH no one was even aware the team was for sale....

With the Browns, it was a surprise when Haslam was announced but OTOH no one was even aware the team was for sale....

Yeah, probably a bit different situation than an open bidding like this one. Damn this is going to be a long month.

According to Wawrow, a prospective candidate might be identified by the end of July. I'm sure if that happens, someone will leak it well before the vote in October.

This thing will be leakier than the Titanic after the iceberg strike. I am certain we will know exactly how it is going. If it is looking bad, watch the politicians start making threats. If you hear them start that, it is time to worry.

This thing will be leakier than the Titanic after the iceberg strike. I am certain we will know exactly how it is going. If it is looking bad, watch the politicians start making threats. If you hear them start that, it is time to worry.

I'd normally agree, but in this case, since the bids are NDI, it wouldn't really be in the bidders and/or politicians best interested to start running their mouths if someone non-favorable was out in front. If the news came from a media outlet and then they started to make threats, then I could support that.

But yes, I think information is going to be getting dropped quite a bit come the next few weeks.

Edited by The Wiz

is that USD or YEN?

Deutsch marks

is that USD or YEN?

PLEASE someone OUTBID The Donald.

I saw a bit where plastered his name on a new building in Chicago.

Imagine seeing that on every trip to the Ralph!! :sick: :sick:

You really think the don would spend money to have his name on the stadium and not roll someone over for every dime they had for naming rights?

Edited by The Wiz

A question comes to mind though...could Pegula own both the Sabres and the Bills?

only if the Sabres were coming off the worst season I franchise history, coupled with the 3rd new moon of the year on Groundhog Day. But that's only if Vile Leno is on the team....DAMN!!!! We were almost in the clear.

I keep hearing an emphasis on parties wanting the team to be sold sooner than later. And though there could be hiccups in the process, so far the timetable proposed in the AP story, though somewhat ambitious, remains an objective.

jw

That's good to hear, jw. The sooner the better as far as most of us are concerned.

I keep hearing an emphasis on parties wanting the team to be sold sooner than later. And though there could be hiccups in the process, so far the timetable proposed in the AP story, though somewhat ambitious, remains an objective.

jw

if a candidate is selected next month do you think we will hear about it? July until Oct is going to be a long wait otherwise. I'm hoping the juicy details leak out

trump-chicago.jpg?w=1100

One building out of billions vs 32 NFL stadiums. I think naming rights on an NFL stadium pull in more cash than a hotel name.

And now that I say that knowing he is as arrogant as he is he would probably do it.

Edited by The Wiz

So, I'm assuming that this is a normal tendering process, where each prospective buyer can submit one bid, right?

In other words... the bidders can't raise their bids if higher ones come in, like in an auction?