Bills officially for sale - let the bidding begin!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a quick sale process is all i'm hearing. no reasons why that i can ascertain.

jw

This IS interesting if what you hear is correct, John.

I ask myself, "what impacts the speed of the sale"?

1.) Financial and legal issues

-based on what I have learned, read, and experienced, the Bills process DOES appear speedy. All the checkpoints seem to being met at the earliest date or so.

This means the value of the team has been determined, documents are in order, etc.

2.) "acceptable" bidders need to be found.

- again, this part seems done ALREADY.

3.) Bids are taken and then a winning bid is accepted*

4.) Winning bidder must be approved by NFL (24/31 owners)

- I only see Trump as being at risk of "failing" this vote process.

* I see 3 as being the really big unknown but the "quick sale process" SUGGESTS that a bidding war may not happen and that the Trust (group of 4) already have

a favorite. My guess would be Pegula. This would mean that Ralph stipulated something having to do with the opinion of the Trust as to whom to believe when a prospective bidder states they will not move the team. Obviously, the chances of a higher sell price go up with a bidding war. So, my conjecture means Ralph was willing to sell the team

for less than it might actually be worth as the result of a bidding war (as opposed to the assessed value which was shown to the bidders yesterday). Ralph may have concluded (correctly IMO) that the number the financial people came up with stating the current value of the Bills was "enough". Gordon Gecko would have disagreed with that sentiment of course.

-RnJ

The Federal estate tax of 40% is due 9 months after the death of the owner.

What are you suggesting?

There's no estate tax on any property that passes to a spouse. Since Mary is likely the primary beneficiary of Ralph's estate, there's likely no estate tax due.

Not sure what influence a Trust has on that, but I'd bet its significant.

seriously.

how tacky would that be?

could you even imagine how arrogant... how classless... how tasteless.. someone would have to be to name a stadium after themselves!!!?!

i mean, that would just completely torpedo the success of a team. set a franchise back for years. honestly, if a team did that, they could kiss the playoffs goodbye for a decade, maybe a decade and a half.

probably the only thing you could do worse would be building your stadium on an indian burial ground!!!

LOL!

:wallbash:

Ralph Wilson INVENTED the concept of naming rights.

Anyone know if Jimbo had dinner with Pegula lately?

I know Pegula's cronies scared away Patty, but Jimbo has deeper roots to this community to let wannabe cronies scare him away!!

I would love to see Pegula own this team flanked by Jimbo and Thurman.

Than this definitely would be on like a MOFO!!

Maybe there was a secret handshake deal between Ralph and Terry 2 years ago that said he would win the bid when it came to sale. And Terry said he had the finances buried on a large acreage in PA that he recently sold to liquidate the assets..

And maybe another part of this secret deal required Russ to flush the Toronto series down the tube which he accomplished this year.

Because we all know Terry doesnt need Roger's money..he will just dig another hole!!

The moons and stars are starting to align!!

Anyone know if Jimbo had dinner with Pegula lately?

I know Pegula's cronies scared away Patty, but Jimbo has deeper roots to this community to let wannabe cronies scare him away!!

I would love to see Pegula own this team flanked by Jimbo and Thurman.

Than this definitely would be on like a MOFO!!

Maybe there was a secret handshake deal between Ralph and Terry 2 years ago that said he would win the bid when it came to sale. And Terry said he had the finances buried on a large acreage in PA that he recently sold to liquidate the assets..

And maybe another part of this secret deal required Russ to flush the Toronto series down the tube which he accomplished this year.

Because we all know Terry doesnt need Roger's money..he will just dig another hole!!

The moons and stars are starting to align!!

This may have been slightly tongue in cheek, but I would not be surprised if any or all of the above were indeed the case.

Bon Jovi is a minority owner, at best. The NFL wants the new owner to use less than $200 million in debt to buy the team, and they want them to have at least $200 million in additional free cash after the team is purchased.

Bon Jovi is worth like $300 million... Pegula is worth 10x that.

This may have been slightly tongue in cheek, but I would not be surprised if any or all of the above were indeed the case.

I have always been accused of using wishful thinking.

I would be happier than a pig in shi.......well you know what I mean.... if this plays out.

Bon Jovi is a minority owner, at best. The NFL wants the new owner to use less than $200 million in debt to buy the team, and they want them to have at least $200 million in additional free cash after the team is purchased.

Bon Jovi is worth like $300 million... Pegula is worth 10x that.

All the same, Bon Jovi is serious about wanting to be part of an ownership group. If he was indeed a party in receipt of the NDA, then he should be taken seriously IMO.

Tanenbaum is worth just north of $1 Billion, Bon Jovi $300 Million, Leiweke isnt billionaire level. MLSE as a whole is only worth like $2.5 Billion.

Pegula should beat that group

Unless they have a sugar daddy

I agree...my only point was that they are definitely in the game.

All the same, Bon Jovi is serious about wanting to be part of an ownership group. If he was indeed a party in receipt of the NDA, then he should be taken seriously IMO.

Groups are taken less seriously than individual bidders, though. A single owner will be shown preference over a group of bidders. We've already had a few preferences leaked:

- A single owner is preferred

- That owner must not use more than $200 million in debt to finance the purchase

- They must also have at least $200 million in free cash after the purchase of the team

I don't take Bon Jovi's group seriously. They can't move the team for six more years, and the team can't even be sold to them if they say they will leave within that time frame.

Groups are taken less seriously than individual bidders, though. A single owner will be shown preference over a group of bidders. We've already had a few preferences leaked:

- A single owner is preferred

- That owner must not use more than $200 million in debt to finance the purchase

- They must also have at least $200 million in free cash after the purchase of the team

I don't take Bon Jovi's group seriously. They can't move the team for six more years, and the team can't even be sold to them if they say they will leave within that time frame.

Kind of...all the "single owner" provision means is that an individual needs to own at least 30% of the team. As the article posted earlier mentioned, an ownership group may even be preferable from a division-of-liability standpoint.

I'm also not completely convinced that (a) Bon Jovi's group would want to move the team, and (b) they wouldn't attempt to wait out the 6 years to do so if that's their plan.

Kind of...all the "single owner" provision means is that an individual needs to own at least 30% of the team. As the article posted earlier mentioned, an ownership group may even be preferable from a division-of-liability standpoint.

I'm also not completely convinced that (a) Bon Jovi's group would want to move the team, and (b) they wouldn't attempt to wait out the 6 years to do so if that's their plan.

No, the NFL strongly prefers a single owner to an ownership group. The 30% is the bare minimum that one person has to own for the group to be approved by the NFL.