Bills officially for sale - let the bidding begin!

My question is this, if the bidders all know these rules, why wouldn't the trustees make them public ? There clearly wouldn't be any damage to the bidding process. That's what doesn't make any sense.

Flip that around. What is the advantage for them by making it public? If there isn't one (and I can't think of one) then there is no reason for them to do it.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is true then Ralph really had a plan all along. That is some great news.

Yes, please enough with the BS on WGR and speculation from people who know very little about this franchise. I said it before and I'll say it again; in terms of championships his success is debatable, in terms of his loyalty to WNY it's not debatable. His legacy will be a good one.

Edited by seq004

That Jaws thing was strange and over the top.

Jaws made my do-not-trust list.

he was very defensive about Bon Jovi. Weird. It seemed like he was trying to push the agenda that JBJ plans to keep the team here but I don't trust that he would do that in 2020 and beyond. Plus he questioned them saying he didn't know where the Toronto stuff comes from with JBJ? Hello - maybe his partnership with MLSE? Edited by YoloinOhio

What I heard is that the team has been sold to Pegs and they're just dotting the T's and crossing the I's. We'll see if that proves to be true.

Pegula darted out of the NHL draft as quick as possible also. Avoiding media.

he was very defensive about Bon Jovi. Weird. It seemed like he was trying to push the agenda that JBJ plans to keep the team here but I don't trust that he would do that in 2020 and beyond. Plus he questioned them saying he didn't know where the Toronto stuff comes from with JBJ? Hello - maybe he is partnership with MLSE?

lets be honest about Bon Jovi, he has friends everywhere. He may even be friends with local people. All we know about him is he wants to be part of an ownership group in the NFL. He has never said which ownership group.

Just like Jim Kelly really, he will tie himself to the winner. Maybe that is what Bon Jovi is planning,Bon Jovi will never be a majority owner.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

lets be honest about Bon Jovi, he has friends everywhere. He may even be friends with local people. All we know about him is he wants to be part of an ownership group in the NFL. He has never said which ownership group.

Just like Jim Kelly really, he will tie himself to the winner. Maybe that is what Bon Jovi is planning,Bon Jovi will never be a majority owner.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/04/10/bon-jovi-part-of-toronto-group-expected-to-bid-on-bills

El Pegual can sell him 1% of the team for $1,000,000 and give him four seats in the upper deck...then tell him "Now get the !@#$ outta here!"

Kevin Massare@KevinMassare 27m

On jaws comment today: I was told bids have to come in with buffalo plan. Bon Jovi has to act like he has something in place for buffalo.

Jaworski on WGR today re: Bon Jovi

http://audio.wgr550.com/a/93750798/6-30-ron-jaworski-on-wgr.htm?

I have shared with a few posters (including you) but Bon Jovi is a serious bidder and does intend on keeping the team. At least that is what he is telling the people involved. I don't fully trust him but that's my own issue.

So, I'm assuming that this is a normal tendering process, where each prospective buyer can submit one bid, right?

In other words... the bidders can't raise their bids if higher ones come in, like in an auction?

Having been involved in several of these over the years, there will be initial proposals, with offer price. Then the seller's representatives will create the illusion (if not already reality) that multiple bidders are involved and will solicit best and final bids after creating the illusion. The problem here is that it is not an illusion, there probably are multiple bidders and the price will be bid up. Crunch time will be when we have a high bidder whose intentions for the team location are unclear , with other lower bidders who will commit to keeping the team in WNY in writing. Then the intent of Ralph's will come into play (did he or did he not direct the team to be sold to the highest bidder regardless of their intent??). I suspect this will get into the press eventually, just as the bidding war for the Redskins got into the public domain back in the 90's.

I have shared with a few posters (including you) but Bon Jovi is a serious bidder and does intend on keeping the team. At least that is what he is telling the people involved. I don't fully trust him but that's my own issue.

I don't trust him one iota to keep the team here long-term. He doesn't have the cash to make a serious bid on his own and would be bidding with MSLE, I have no reason to believe he would keep the team here past 2020. And I don't know that all of the talk of the trust saying the bidder need a plan to keep the team here extends beyond that.

I don't trust him one iota to keep the team here long-term. He doesn't have the cash to make a serious bid on his own and would be bidding with MSLE, I have no reason to believe he would keep the team here past 2020. And I don't know that all of the talk of the trust saying the bidder need a plan to keep the team here extends beyond that.

MLSE cant own a team. It would be Larry Tanenbaum and he isnt worth enough money to outbid anyone. Now if Rogers gets involved that is different. But nothing about Rogers has been said.

The biggest problem for a Toronto group is they have no stadium anywhere to play in. So they would have to stay in Buffalo while a stadium is built. Its just not good timing for Toronto.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

The thing that bothers me about it, is the whole "acting" like he wants to keep the team in Buffalo. He could do that and the second he doesn't like the situation after 2020, pull the plug and move the team. Now, I don't think Pegula will be outbid. He values Buffalo too much to let the Bills leave under his watch, so I'm not that concerned about JBJ and whoever he is bidding with. Add to that that the situation in Toronto for a new stadium means whoever buys the team and wants to move them to Toronto, will most likely have to pay for a stadium out of pocket.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

The thing that bothers me about it, is the whole "acting" like he wants to keep the team in Buffalo. He could do that and the second he doesn't like the situation, pull the plug and move the team. Now, I don't think Peugla will be outbid. He values Buffalo to much, so I'm not that concerned about JBJ and whoever he is bidding with.

They dont have a stadium. Plus he wont be a majority owner. They would have to build a stadium if they plan on moving to Toronto. So until that happens, why not believe him?

Golisano and Pegula we know about...I wonder who the third is.

Jeffrey Gundlach?

:lol:

That may turn out to be the best return on a 25,000 dollar investment in history. Wow.

$1.25B divided by $25,000 = 500,000 X!

That Jaws thing was strange and over the top.

Jaws made my do-not-trust list.

You ain't kidding. Wow. Someone give Jaws a tissue to wipe his chin. "Where do these rumors about Toronto come from?!?!" Gee, Ron, like from every media outlet in North America?

Edited by PromoTheRobot