Bills officially for sale - let the bidding begin!

Before they vote, maybe (they might want to meet with any potential owner and it's tough keeping that quiet).

Before being presented, I doubt it.

I think the NFL has a pretty good idea of who they would/wouldn't approve.

I have a feeling that once the trust votes to approve a sale, it'll all be over but the shouting.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"hello sir, this is American Express calling, we just need to verify your recent purchase of 1.1 Billion dollars to the estate of a Ralph C. Wilson, is this correct?"

"why yes, yes it is."

Hm... I have a corporate AMEX card... I could probably get away with owning the team for at least a couple of months before the bean-counters notice anything.

I really hope it all doesnt go dark for a few months.

It seems like we are being fed a positive nugget to chew on once a week or so. I need it for my sanity.

Just think happy thoughts, man. This time period right now, various deities willing, we'll be telling our kids and grandkids funny stories about decades from now.

Imagine the reward points you would earn with that purchase..

Holy crap, I could probably order 500,000,000 Best Buy gift cards and then just turn around and return the team. Cha-ching!

Holy crap, I could probably order 500,000,000 Best Buy gift cards and then just turn around and return the team. Cha-ching!

what's the return policy? can the new owner get a 30-quarter money back guarantee or how does that work? "yes i'd like to return my NFL team. they are defective."

Just think happy thoughts, man. This time period right now, various deities willing, we'll be telling our kids and grandkids funny stories about decades from now.

Exactly..then resell those Best Buy gift cards on ebay for 75% value...

"hello sir, this is American Express calling, we just need to verify your recent purchase of 1.1 Billion dollars to the estate of a Ralph C. Wilson, is this correct?"

"why yes, yes it is."

He might need to upgrade to a Black card to get it through.

sold yet? F5 F5 F5...

Ground up and in the freezer!

Ok, here is some information:

They are not NDA's, they are MNDA's. The difference is a legal one, but the MNDA protects both parties information, an NDA protects one party.

The bids are sealed, only the trust and Mrs. Wilson will see them along with their due diligence teams.

Which brings me to combining the 2 above statements, the MNDA is needed so the trust can get full disclosure on the bidders ability to meet the criteria set forth on finances.

On the bidding process itself, as long as the bidders meet the criteria set by the trust and wilson estate on the sale of the Bills (i.e. no party can actively bid that will consider moving the team), it will be up to the trust to recommend the bid to take, and that may not be the highest bid dollar wise. There are variables to consider when viewing the brand of the product and the NFL brand over all.

According to Wawrow, a prospective candidate might be identified by the end of July. I'm sure if that happens, someone will leak it well before the vote in October.