Bills officially for sale - let the bidding begin!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just get these visions of Mrs Pegula and Mrs Wilson sitting by fireplace (yes I know its summer) drinking tea and lauphing it up about the offers.......talking about how much they hate Bon Jovi music.....lauphing at Trumps bad hair......and talking about what they are gonna do after the sale to the Pegulas

Are they wearing clothes?

The trust will announce it when the process of the bids is done. They'll still have to go through the owners vote, but I'd wager that is merely a formality.

Another good thing is that the NFL has already vetted Pegula, and they love him. He's the perfect guy for their little club. You have a few owners gushing over Bon Jovi but that is because he is a rock star. This thing is all but over.

And how is the Toronto group supposed to outbid Pegula and simultaneously convince the Trust and the NFL that they want to keep the team in Buffalo. That's downright laughable.

Another good thing is that the NFL has already vetted Pegula, and they love him. He's the perfect guy for their little club. You have a few owners gushing over Bon Jovi but that is because he is a rock star. This thing is all but over.

And how is the Toronto group supposed to outbid Pegula and simultaneously convince the Trust and the NFL that they want to keep the team in Buffalo. That's downright laughable.

I agree with everything you say except JBJ being a "rock star."

Approxiate time frame for this? Days, weeks, months?

No one can really give you a true time frame except the trust. This will take as long as the trust allows it to.

Since it has been reported a vote from the NFL board of governors could take place at the Oct. meetings, use that as a timeline..

No one can really give you a true time frame except the trust. This will take as long as the trust allows it to.

Since it has been reported a vote from the NFL board of governors could take place at the Oct. meetings, use that as a timeline..

There was a report somewhere that the Trust wants to get the sale done quickly because of tax reasons, meaning they want it on the books in 2014. There are two owners meetings left, one in Oct and one in Dec. They would like to get it done by the October one.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

There was a report somewhere that the Trust wants to get the sale done quickly because of tax reasons, meaning they want it on the books in 2014. There are two owners meetings left, one in Oct and one in Dec. They would like to get it done by the October one.

Could be.

Someone mentioned how quiet it is on the Pegula front, outside of the NYP article which appears to be Stanley Morgan leaked.

If I were a fan of the Bills (which I am), I'd be paying particular attention to that fact. Mr. Pegula certainly has a very loyal and solid team of individuals around him.

JBJ is supposed to be the controlling owner which means he can't fall under 33.4% ownership so AT LEAST that much of the bid needs to come from him. That's 434 million dollars. Let's assume the 300 million net worth estimates are wrong by 50%. That puts him just about all in, not cash wise, but every cent he has. Other businesses, real estate, music rights, etc. #1 nobody in their right mind would do that. #2, the NFL wouldn't approve someone who is so "house-poor".

Terry just pushed JBJ into the center of the table and still has a big stack in reserve, and I'd imagine a Tom Golisano on the sideline waiting to jump in with the death punch if needed.

I don't see any possible way Bon Jovi has even a 30% stake in a team that sells for over a billion dollars.

He would have to invest nearly his entire net worth to hit 30% of a billion+ bid, and that's assuming he's almost totally liquid and can do it.

As much as the NFL owners might love the guy, he is not one of them in terms of wealth.

If this works out, I think the Bills should have Ralph's initials on their uniforms, like the Bears have Halas':

j9ep63zzunnq2lpgzbdv.gif

It pales in comparison to what this thread is about, but he doesn't sound that hopeful about EJ. I finally listened today to the Dameshek podcast interview, and again felt like EJ is such a great guy.................He seems to have everything - but accuracy!

That is game over IMO. He pretty much just fired the warning shot. He has always been the favorite and just solidified himself as such. This may be the BEST story in franchise history!!

Totally agree. If he's starting at one billion he's willing to go to the wall. The Peguals ain't playin' games.