Bills officially for sale - let the bidding begin!

It shouldn't scare you...reports have suggested the JBJ group doesn't have much more than what they've put on the table, while we know El Pegual does.

Pretty much. I honestly think they wouldn't be able to go more than another 100 million (unless Rogers got permission to spend more money and JBJ would be ok with being a minority owner. Doubt either happens).

Also the 1.2 assumes each person is shelling out 400m. Since I don't think JBJ has the liquidity they are probably already dipping into the 200m financing option. I doubt Pegula is opting to finance.

Edited by The Wiz

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on one hand that's kind of scary that they are in the ballpark of Pegula's bid. I would have thought Pegula's bid would have blown them away. I'd hate for this to end up being a bidding war and driving the price up.

but on the other hand it makes me think that Pegula knew that these f'ers were coming in at $1.2 bil so he knew to outbid them at $1.3. perhaps he is the favored bidder so he has some special inside information that these Toronto guys don't have.

I would suspect that El Pegual has been doing his due diligence on his competitors--it's what smart business men do.

I'm sure he had some inkling of what they'd come in at...and if Kryk's info is reliable (I have no reason to suspect that it isn't), the Toronto group is nearly tapped at $1.2B, so $1.3B would probably get it done.

I would suspect that El Pegual has been doing his due diligence on his competitors--it's what smart business men do.

I'm sure he had some inkling of what they'd come in at...and if Kryk's info is reliable (I have no reason to suspect that it isn't), the Toronto group is nearly tapped at $1.2B, so $1.3B would probably get it done.

So do you and Kirby have a number that you feel El Pegual would balk at?

Not really...if I'm making a guess I'd say he'd go right up to $1.5B and perhaps beyond, but the over-arching sentiment I get is that he's going to win this bid whatever it takes.

I don't know the number but all things being even close Pegula will be the guy. He checks all of the boxes. I would guess based on this alone (just guessing here) that the JBJ group would have to get to about $1.5B to win the bid if Pegula stays at $1.3B. To take it a step further the state can step in and say "Terry go to $1.6B and we will give you $300M in tax breaks" or Golisano can say "Terry, I'll put the first $200M towards the stadium." You get the point though. There are lots of ways from this point to get it done (if they need any).

Not really...if I'm making a guess I'd say he'd go right up to $1.5B and perhaps beyond, but the over-arching sentiment I get is that he's going to win this bid whatever it takes.

I don't know the number but all things being even close Pegula will be the guy. He checks all of the boxes. I would guess based on this alone (just guessing here) that the JBJ group would have to get to about $1.5B to win the bid if Pegula stays at $1.3B. To take it a step further the state can step in and say "Terry go to $1.6B and we will give you $300M in tax breaks" or Golisano can say "Terry, I'll put the first $200M towards the stadium." You get the point though. There are lots of ways from this point to get it done (if they need any).

By the way, I just want to say thanks. It's nice to have some people here with some inside knowledge of things, and you guys have been awesome.

By the way, I just want to say thanks. It's nice to have some people here with some inside knowledge of things, and you guys have been awesome.

No problem, this is the most important issue in franchise history by miles. Bandit and I have been hearing pretty much the same things from different people (all of whom are reliable). At the end of the day no one was going to move the team. That was RW's last gift to us. If that was their plan they weren't getting picked. I would be stunned at this point if Pegula isn't the guy.

Perhaps that's one reason they are talking to Congel about becoming a minority partner.

Perhaps that's one reason they are talking to Congel about becoming a minority partner.

I don't know if they are asking him to be a minority owner based on the wording but if that is the case, I'm not shocked as to why golisano didn't bid as he could also back pegula if it came down to it.

Man, I hope so. Pegs is the man! I love that guy! If he wins the bid I'm getting season tickets even though I live in Miami.

Agreed. I live in Miami also and have continued to keep season tickets for various reasons - not the least of which is to show that BUFFALO Bills fans support the BUFFALO Bills.

Could be...I think (and again, just my opinion) that every additional hat that gets thrown into the ring is just another knock against them from the NFL's standpoint.

being in business with Congel is going to hurt their chances even more. the guy is a snake and i doubt the NFL wants the bad press of moving a team plus any bad press associated with Congel