Bills officially for sale - let the bidding begin!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Pegulas put in a VERY strong initial bid according to reports. Go Terry and Kim. I am rooting for you.

http://nypost.com/2014/07/29/first-round-buffalo-bills-bids-top-1-billion/

That is game over IMO. He pretty much just fired the warning shot. He has always been the favorite and just solidified himself as such. This may be the BEST story in franchise history!!

That is game over IMO. He pretty much just fired the warning shot. He has always been the favorite and just solidified himself as such. This may be the BEST story in franchise history!!

go pegula...its ya birthday...go pegula...billion dollar bid...go kim n terry...its both ya birthdays

Totally agree. I wrote in another post that Terry and Kim Pegula are the best thing to happen to Buffalo since the Pan American Exposition. We are very lucky that they feel the same way about Buffalo as we all do.

I hope you're right, KJ. Pegula is who I wanted all along. Come on, Pegs, WNY needs you!!

This was supposed to be people dipping their toe in and showing their interst. Pegula basically told everyone to get out of the way. He is the dream scenario for all parties (trust, fans, league, state, other owners). I would have had him at about 90% before tonight and now I think that he is at about 98-99%.

@JohnKryk: Shockers: Tom Golisano did not submit a bid to buy #Bills, & source says only 3 bids in all received. My story: http://t.co/aj6KSuUgi0

@ByTimGraham: I've been unable to get confirmation on whether Tom Golisano did or did not bid on the Bills today. But ... (1/2)

@ByTimGraham: Source told me today Golisano under impression he can bid later. Others close to process disagreed. No comment fr Morgan Stanley when asked.

I had read somewhere today, and it made sense, that the trust set the deadline for the bids today, but there is nothing legally binding them to not taking a later bid if someone came in a week from now with a huge bid. That makes sense, of course. But the Trust is also wanting to get this done and will be starting the final process now.

@JohnKryk: Shockers: Tom Golisano did not submit a bid to buy #Bills, & source says only 3 bids in all received. My story: http://t.co/aj6KSuUgi0

@ByTimGraham: I've been unable to get confirmation on whether Tom Golisano did or did not bid on the Bills today. But ... (1/2)

@ByTimGraham: Source told me today Golisano under impression he can bid later. Others close to process disagreed. No comment fr Morgan Stanley when asked.

NDAs aside, a mystery bidder or two often steps up at the last minute in pro sports team sales. And if some cash-flush multi-billionaire, say, next week wants to blow everyone out of the water with a $2-billion bid, the trust and Morgan Stanley aren't going to reply, "Sorry, you missed Tuesday's deadline."

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/07/29/probably-few-new-bidders-will-bid-today-for-bills

We will find out more towards the end of the week, and even then nobody has to disclose anything from what I gather.

Does anyone know who is actually reviewing the bids and whether the winner will be determined solely on cost? Has anyone actually seen the procurement document? JP Morgan finances governments and wars. I am skeptical that they give a hoot about keeping the team in Buffalo unless it is the most all-around lucrative bid. Also, would Canadian tax payers (or California, London, etc) be responsible for funding a new stadium if the winning bidder moved the Bills there? That could play into it.. would love to see the bids!

Edited by distortions

Presuming the Trust and the NFL do the right thing, Terry and Kim Pegula will be the new owners of the Buffalo Bills, and we will never have to worry about the team moving out of WNY again.

Does anyone know who is actually reviewing the bids and whether the winner will be determined solely on cost? Has anyone actually seen the procurement document? JP Morgan finances governments and wars. I am skeptical that they give a hoot about keeping the team in Buffalo unless it is the most all-around lucrative bid. Also, would Canadian tax payers (or California, London, etc) responsible for funding a new stadium if the winning bidder moved the Bills there? That could all play into it.. would love to see the bids!

A 4 person group comprised of Ralph's wife, niece, Littman & RW's attorney decide as long as it is within what the trust requires. I would be shocked if Pegula isn't the winner at this point.

A 4 person group comprised of Ralph's wife, niece, Littman & RW's attorney decide as long as it is within what the trust requires. I would be shocked if Pegula isn't the winner at this point.

Exactly. The last thing that I would expect is Mary Wilson and the other trustees to rip our hearts out given the money that the Pegulas have put on the table to keep the team in Buffalo. There is no way that they would do that to us our Ralph's legacy.