Bills officially for sale - let the bidding begin!

Right, feel free to count Trump or not. But I think it's pretty likely he "pulls out" before July 29 and blusters about how he definitely had the winning bid but has too many other awesome investment opportunities that he can't pass up. All to the press of course.

Yeah, I don't really take him seriously as a bidder. JMO.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fjyf_7uG_bigger.jpegRobert Duffy@LtGovDuffyNY 8m

Note to prospective owners: BUFFALO Bills. Don't pick this fight.

For crying out loud I know he is a politician, but how can you not love this comment?

Also acceptable, "Hey, you cheesers who want to take the Bills out of Buffalo...settle back."

...nod to the 80's slang!

I hope pegula buys the bills then everyone should pool money and have a statue of him put somewhere captioned the savior of everything buffalo he probably would want to build a stadium by the arena so all his investments are in the same area so can put it on an island like the statue of liberty

I hope pegula buys the bills then everyone should pool money and have a statue of him put somewhere captioned the savior of everything buffalo he probably would want to build a stadium by the arena so all his investments are in the same area so can put it on an island like the statue of liberty

I also think he would be happy if we just bought tickets.

:D

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

So I wonder what we will find out next week, if anything.

Im dying to find out what Aecom reported with the Stadium investigation, but apparently that is being kept under wraps.

You know Trump will update everyone on whether or not he submits an intention to bid. I would be we will hear Bon Jovi officially submitted one (because it seems everything leaks up there). Other than that I wonder if we get any surprises?

So I wonder what we will find out next week, if anything.

Im dying to find out what Aecom reported with the Stadium investigation, but apparently that is being kept under wraps.

You know Trump will update everyone on whether or not he submits an intention to bid. I would be we will hear Bon Jovi officially submitted one (because it seems everything leaks up there). Other than that I wonder if we get any surprises?

I suspect we won't get much if any more than we have been getting so far, speculation.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Interesting. Only four potentially interested parties (Pegula, Golisano, JBJ's group, and Trump) have been in the public domain to this point. Twelve other interested parties that we know nothing about or their future intentions if they purchase the Bills. I wonder if Stanley Drunkenmiller is one of the potential purchasers.

Interesting. Only four potentially interested parties (Pegula, Golisano, JBJ's group, and Trump) have been in the public domain to this point. Twelve other interested parties that we know nothing about or their future intentions if they purchase the Bills. I wonder if Stanley Drunkenmiller is one of the potential purchasers.

Druckenmiller is a good guess. I know he was interested in buying the Steelers since he's from Pittsburgh, but I wonder if his interest would extend to other teams.

Well, there's also the LA guys (Roski and Anschultz) who might be content waiting til the lease is up- especially with the NFL talking about building their own stadium in anticipation of a team moving there.

There's also the Twinkie/PBR guy (Metrouplous) who may be bidding on his own or as a part of a group.

There's Jeffrey Gundlach who will likely at least make an initial bid.

Robert Rich will probably make an initial bid as well - I don't recall him saying that he wouldn't but maybe he did and I forgot.

Same with Scott Congel- it doesn't hurt to throw your hat in the ring.

I know George Gillett said he won't be making a bid, and neither will Jeremy Jacobs.

I think that's everyone who as been mentioned publicly. There are some more locals that haven't been mentioned but might interested: Chris Koch, Barry Snyder, Randy Benderson and Jordan Levy, to name a few. I don't know that any of them individually could buy the team on their own, but each could be a part of a group.

That still leaves a few mystery suitors, but everything that I've heard points to Pegula running away with it. His only real competition is from an unnamed group with one member who "prints money." My "source" doesn't know who that is (or won't say), but that seems consistent with what other insiders on this board have revealed, as well as some teases in the media.

Another thing that isn't really a secret that I've heard is that the trust and the NFL aren't interested in parties that would move the team even after the lease. That isn't deterring some bidders however, because as we all know, "things change." Some want to go through the process knowing that they have virtually no chance, just so that they gain experience in the process which might lead to an advantage the next time a team is on the market. Others are bidding "just in case" something falls through with Pegula. That is, we could wake up to a news story that T Pegs was arrested for funding terrorist operations in Western Africa or something crazy like that which would take him out of the running.

16?!? Holy crap!

From what I understand, ~16 is the number of "groups", comprised of approximately ~40 individual investors, who request the initial packet and signed the NDA. It's Pegula's team in 3 months.

I can't see a team that MUST remain in WNY going for much more than a billion dollars.

Pegula would probably pay that.

There is a limit to how much this team is going to sell for if it cannot be moved, which only helps Pegula's chances.

Edited by TheFunPolice