Bills officially for sale - let the bidding begin!

I don't think so. What it probably means is that the NDA would bar two separate bidders that could work together if the bidding gets too high (i.e., Pegula and Golisano) from sharing information and formulating a joint bid after each makes an initial bid (but not information sharing among group members that are making an initial bid together).

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think so. What it probably means is that the NDA would bar two separate bidders that could work together if the bidding gets too high (i.e., Pegula and Golisano) from sharing information and formulating a joint bid after each makes an initial bid (but not information sharing among group members that are making an initial bid together).

Of course we don't really know if Sugar Packets and El Pegual are ALREADY going in as a pair. If they're doing that I say we're unstoppable. And really, why wouldn't they? They already have a business relationship with each other. They each get what they want in the end.

It also explains why Sugar Packets kicked Congel to the curb at the point that he did. He didn't need his money anymore.

This is risky business for El Pegual as well. If he gets into this and lets himself get beaten out by JBJ there's no way the ill-will doesn't spill over to the Sabres and his other interests. Having Sugar Packets in tow is a nice contingency plan.

Edited by DJasper Probincrux III

I predict the Pegula's lay down a formidable bid right from the jump. It's HOF weekend. 'Dre Reed finally being recognized. Machine Gun acting as Bills captain and the Bills kicking off the preseason. Bills fans all over Canton and the Bills situation being disucssed in general. I would think they would want to make a preemptive move and let word sift out on this of all weekends that their bid was a demonstrative one. Imagine that rumor of a stunning bid from Pegula is making the rounds on television by Sunday night?

The Pegula's have more than enough cash to bid against any of the known bidders. The question is is there someone else out there who moved in total stealth with deeper pockets? I'm not counting on that. I think this process is really all about the Pegula's and what they want. I don't believe they will play games with low bids, etc. But we shall see soon enough.

Edited by purple haze

Today is the day. We have until 5pm. But I can't find Morgan Stanley's phone number or my checkbook :(

It's ok. I know a phone number for an African Price that will front you the money. Just need your social and credit card number.

In all seriousness, I really hope Pegula comes out swinging with a nice solid bid. I'm thinking 1 billion off the bat will do the trick.

Edited by The Wiz

It's ok. I know a phone number for an African Price that will front you the money. Just need your social and credit card number.

Send that info to Jon Bon Jovi. I think he's going to be a few looneys short

Um, hello, this is an auction process. Competing bidders do not get to collude with each other, unless the seller allows it after a competitive process has broken down (which with 4-5 bidders is not going to happen IMO-- this is blood sport with big $$ involved). Defeats the purpose of getting the highest price. That is the objective here. MS wants them to compete with each other to drive the highest price (hopefully from the bidder the seller wants). Simple. This is business, not some feel-good corrupt keep- the- Bills -in -B Lo love fest.

This is why at some level you need to consider the Toronto group a threat. Money talks in an auction process. And money gives sellers in an auction process excuses they would not otherwise have ("... hey they outbid Pegs by 25% and he did not respond.... " , we had no choice, blahblah ). Hard for me to imagine JerryJones and crowd leaving a couple hundred million in bid price on the table for the sake of keeping the team in in B Lo, but hey KirbyJackson says its a lock for B Lo, so what are we worried about and why are we up to what has to be a record 42 pages of posts on this topic....?

Edited by 8and8Forever

Hard for me to imagine JerryJones and crowd leaving a couple hundred million in bid price on the table for the sake of keeping the team in in B Lo, but hey KirbyJackson says its a lock for B Lo, so what are we worried about and why are we up to what has to be a record 42 pages of posts on this topic....?

Lol. No disrespect to Kirby and his sources, but the only info he has provided us with is that the Toronto group would keep the team in town (which is laughable). 90% of us don't believe that for a second as per my poll and 5% felt like it could go either way but were hopeful. So only 5% believes that nonsense and 1/4th of the 5% was Kirby and Bandit sooo...

Fingers crossed that Pegula wants the team because I think he can make it happen. I just don't know what his level of interest is, especially when he just recently bought the Sabres and in the process of rebuilding them. I would even take some mystery bidder over the Toronto group. Maybe one of the tech billionaires will throw in a random $2 BIL bid like what went down with the Clippers. Hope news leaks soon because this is going to be a stressful week

F5 F5 F5

Um, hello, this is an auction process. Competing bidders do not get to collude with each other, unless the seller allows it after a competitive process has broken down (which with 4-5 bidders is not going to happen IMO-- this is blood sport with big $$ involved). Defeats the purpose of getting the highest price. That is the objective here. MS wants them to compete with each other to drive the highest price (hopefully from the bidder the seller wants). Simple. This is business, not some feel-good corrupt keep- the- Bills -in -B Lo love fest.

This is why at some level you need to consider the Toronto group a threat. Money talks in an auction process. And money gives sellers in an auction process excuses they would not otherwise have ("... hey they outbid Pegs by 25% and he did not respond.... " , we had no choice, blahblah ). Hard for me to imagine JerryJones and crowd leaving a couple hundred million in bid price on the table for the sake of keeping the team in in B Lo, but hey KirbyJackson says its a lock for B Lo, so what are we worried about and why are we up to what has to be a record 42 pages of posts on this topic....?

Jerry Jones doesn't have a say in the winner. His job is simply to confirm them. The 4 person group (Ralph's wife, niece, Littman and his attorney) selects the winning bid. In order to win the bid the bidders will have to commit to WNY or that group won't be selecting them.

Lol. No disrespect to Kirby and his sources, but the only info he has provided us with is that the Toronto group would keep the team in town (which is laughable). 90% of us don't believe that for a second as per my poll and 5% felt like it could go either way but were hopeful. So only 5% believes that nonsense and 1/4th of the 5% was Kirby and Bandit sooo...

Fingers crossed that Pegula wants the team because I think he can make it happen. I just don't know what his level of interest is, especially when he just recently bought the Sabres and in the process of rebuilding them. I would even take some mystery bidder over the Toronto group. Maybe one of the tech billionaires will throw in a random $2 BIL bid like what went down with the Clippers. Hope news leaks soon because this is going to be a stressful week

F5 F5 F5

Anything in this board that I have ever said would happened has come true. Most recently "sources" are saying that Cordy Glenn will be back for at least 1 preseason game and the start of the regular season. I said that 5 minutes after the rumors started that he would be out for a long time. If you choose to wait and see -go for it. I have gotten about 30 PMs from people saying thank you for sharing what I know. With that being said I will continue to do so.

1/4 of the people that voted that the Toronto group would keep the team in WNY are probably 2 of the most plugged in posters on the board. That is why I asked to make it a public poll. Regardless of how many people think that they will keep the team, that will be the case. JBJ and company would rather have a team in TO but that isn't an option here. They want an NFL team 1st and a team in Toronto 2nd.

Lastly, there will not be a $2B offer like the Clips. There are no local TV rights associated with the NFL which is why the Dodgers and Clippers sold for $2B. There are a lot of groups bidding on the Bills and the number will be higher than experts have speculated. I have been stuck on $1.2B since the process started. Nothing has changed my mind to think that it will be lower.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

We appreciate your input and you have a good track record here. But sometimes you have to read between the lines. It's pretty obvious that the Toronto group is only saying they would stay in Buffalo because they have to in order to get the team.

Step 1: Say you will stay in Buffalo (cross your fingers)

Step 2: Buy the team

Step 3: Say all the right things and stall

Step 4: Make unreasonable demands for a new stadium

Step 5: Say "sorry we tried to make it work in Buffalo" and then move to Toronto in 2020 or 2022

F5 F5 F5

You are entitled to your opinion like anyone else on this board but I dont ever remember a time where Kirby has been wrong about something.

IMO he is one of the most respected and trustworthy posters on this forum

CBF

We appreciate your input and you have a good track record here. But sometimes you have to read between the lines. It's pretty obvious that the Toronto group is only saying they would stay in Buffalo because they have to in order to get the team.

Step 5: Say "sorry we tried to make it work in Buffalo" and then move to Toronto in 2020 or 2022

If you think that they may do that you don't think that it crossed the minds of the trust? That is the point. Their word will not be good enough.

You are entitled to your opinion like anyone else on this board but I dont ever remember a time where Kirby has been wrong about something.

CBF

Thanks CBF!!

CBF

I agree. But the Toronto group wouldn't be bidding unless they could provide their city with a team. It's just common sense. I'm looking forward to this being done so we can go back to talking football

I agree. But the Toronto group wouldn't be bidding unless they could provide their city with a team. It's just common sense. I'm looking forward to this being done so we can go back to talking football

Not necessarily. MLSE LOVES JBJ and I think they would back him financially and let him be the owner and face of the franchise.

Now I'm not stupid. I would still hate for this to happen but I'm just saying there may be a slight chance that JBJ just wants to own an NFL team and his friends at MLSE would do anything to help him with that even if that means the team wouldnt be in TO

I didnt always think this way but I cant really see TO still making a bid knowing that they cant move the team to TO so maybe, just maybe JBJ would really keep the Bills in Buffalo.

Having said that,

Go Pegula's Go!!

CBF

Edited by Canadian Bills Fan

The other way to look at it is this: if the Trust wants to get a better bid, and they know that neither El Pegual or Sugar Packets are currently the high bidder, the Trust themselves can call both in and share the information in the hopes that a joint bid can be achieved.

Disclaimer: I have no knowledge that they would do this; I'm only supposing based on the NDA preventing such discussions among bidders--which would mean that a Trust-orchestrated joint bid would be the only way to garner one.

Maybe because--despite knowing that the team will be staying--it's still the most important topic in franchise history?

I have asked you this question at least 5 times, and I sincerely would like an answer if you're going to continue to say this: why do you think that a simple "we promise" is going to be good enough to satisfy the Trust's requirements?

CBF

When this is all over I'm sending Kirby a Labatt Blue in the mail.

The other way to look at it is this: if the Trust wants to get a better bid, and they know that neither El Pegual or Sugar Packets are currently the high bidder, the Trust themselves can call both in and share the information in the hopes that a joint bid can be achieved.

Disclaimer: I have no knowledge that they would do this; I'm only supposing based on the NDA preventing such discussions among bidders--which would mean that a Trust-orchestrated joint bid would be the only way to garner one.

Maybe because--despite knowing that the team will be staying--it's still the most important topic in franchise history?

I have asked you this question at least 5 times, and I sincerely would like an answer if you're going to continue to say this: why do you think that a simple "we promise" is going to be good enough to satisfy the Trust's requirements?

When this is all over I'm sending Kirby a Labatt Blue in the mail.

Great idea!

CBF