Bills officially for sale - let the bidding begin!

the congel meeting makes them look worse IMO.

Pretty much guarantees they have no plans to build a new stadium since he can't even build things he has a contract for.

Also, it would be bad news if they did win since Congel would want the same kick backs he's always done for holding his projects hostage. Make the likelihood of actually building a new stadium worse.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the congel meeting makes them look worse IMO.

He has been pushing that West Seneca site on everyone. I thought that it was too small but maybe not. I still don't think that the JBJ group wins but I would not be surprised if Congel joined them. He seems to be the mercenary in this process.

IDK if I'd say teaming up. Meeting to discuss a proposed stadium, which I believe is part of committing to WNY.

yep. Honestly confused with congel's level of involvement. Sometimes it seems it is stadium land only, other times like he wants ownership stake.

yep. Honestly confused with congel's level of involvement. Sometimes it seems it is stadium land only, other times like he wants ownership stake.

I would be more worried if he wanted to be a part of the TO group. Not sure what his net worth is but more money is more money.

This was written back in May but sums up how unpromising congel is. http://www.buffalonews.com/city-region/developers-700-million-plan-for-west-seneca-plaza-could-include-new-stadium-20140528

Here's my take: Pegula is the guy Cuomo, etc wants. He will make a substantial bid that includes plans to build his own stadium, maybe with Jacobs as a partner in that. All the state/county/city would have to do is provide him some land near downtown (Perry Projects?) and some infrastructure. Everyone's a hero. Pegula saves the team and Polancarz and Cuomo get a new stadium built with minimal government expenditure. What does Pegula get? The team, obviously. Another attraction in a burgeoning Canalside/Cobblestone district, plus maybe some favorable future consideration for his fracking interests. Win-win-win.

For the life of me I'll never understand why some fans are so determined to convince themselves that this team is/could be leaving.

ROI on a Billion and a half or so of someone else's money. Doesn't seem like a smart play does it?

Here's my take: Pegula is the guy Cuomo, etc wants. He will make a substantial bid that includes plans to build his own stadium, maybe with Jacobs as a partner in that. All the state/county/city would have to do is provide him some land near downtown (Perry Projects?) and some infrastructure. Everyone's a hero. Pegula saves the team and Polancarz and Cuomo get a new stadium built with minimal government expenditure. What does Pegula get? The team, obviously. Another attraction in a burgeoning Canalside/Cobblestone district, plus maybe some favorable future consideration for his fracking interests. Win-win-win.

PTR... What a great way to tie all the interests together! It would be interesting to know what Pegs has down this way on gas interests. The majority of the people in the central southern tier are pissed because Cuomo has had his thumb up his ass on fracking when our economy sucks. Election in November over and tada it's a good thing now!

For the life of me I'll never understand why some fans are so determined to convince themselves that this team is/could be leaving.

Then we are even. Because for the life of me I can't understand how anyone could be convinced that the Bills cannot possibly be moving. I mean, even the people directly involved with the process do not know that at this point, much less fan board people.

Personally I think Pegula is the frontrunner and he would certainly keep the Bills in Buffalo if anyone would. But at this point, this is purely a guess on my part.

PTR... What a great way to tie all the interests together! It would be interesting to know what Pegs has down this way on gas interests. The majority of the people in the central southern tier are pissed because Cuomo has had his thumb up his ass on fracking when our economy sucks. Election in November over and tada it's a good thing now!

Personally I think of it as he doesn't want to !@#$ the people of NY up the ass by allowing fracking like they did in PA.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Then we are even. Because for the life of me I can't understand how anyone could be convinced that the Bills cannot possibly be moving. I mean, even the people directly involved with the process do not know that at this point, much less fan board people.

Personally I think Pegula is the frontrunner and he would certainly keep the Bills in Buffalo if anyone would. But at this point, this is purely a guess on my part.

I'm actually not viewing it as a competition.

As I've said, I don't expect everyone to believe what they read on here, nor do I blame anyone for being skeptical. I do my best to be both encouraging and realistic about the process. I've always assumed in the past that most fans are like me, and would like to hear solid information that isn't always available. I don't often come into such information, and I appreciate it so greatly when folks that do share it with me.

I can only say that my statements on this topic are not wrought from any desire to tell people that they are wrong or to be contradictory; I merely want to share the good news with other fans--even if they are skeptical of how someone might know.

Edited for spelling (yes, I do that kind of thing)

Edited by thebandit27

I'm actually not viewing it as a competition.

As I've said, I don't expect everyone to believe what they read on here, nor do I blame anyone for being skeptical. I do my best to be both encouraging and realistic about the process. I've always assumed in the past that most fans are like me, and would like to hear solid information that isn't always available. I don't often come into such information, and I appreciate it so greatly when folks that do share it with me.

I can only say that my statements on this topic are not wrought from any desire to tell people that they are wrong or to be contradictory; I merely want to share the good news with other fans--even if they are skeptical of how someone might know.

Edited for spelling (yes, I do that kind of thing)

Bolded, me either.

FWIW, I do hope you are right.

Bolded, me either.

FWIW, I do hope you are right.

Just so we're clear, that comment was made with tongue firmly planted in cheek.

I sort of take for granted that pretty much all of Bills fandom hopes that I'm right...I cannot imagine wanting anything else.

Wonder if Congel meeting with JBJ is a violation of that "wickedly" prohibitive NDA? I know Congel isn't submitting a bid, but the NFL doesn't like third party stadium ownership, and Congel did receive the NDA.

In any case it's a very deliberate and desperate leak.

Personally I think of it as he doesn't want to !@#$ the people of NY up the ass by allowing fracking like they did in PA.

That's a personal opinion and I respect yours. Don't agree but respect it.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

Edited by TheZone78

It's a shame our governor is such an honest, upstanding citizen. Otherwise, we could probably hope for him to take some unethical actions to ensure the trust selects the bidder he most prefers.

It's a shame our governor is such an honest, upstanding citizen. Otherwise, we could probably hope for him to take some unethical actions to ensure the trust selects the bidder he most prefers.

You know as well as most of us if things were looking bad for the team staying he would be getting dirty.

No one has said so, but that only means that he's not talking to John Kryk (it's no coincidence that the Donald and JBJ's bid has been leaked to the press, they are the two most promotional groups).

True, if anything Pegs' been the most cryptic of all groups.

No one has said so, but that only means that he's not talking to John Kryk (it's no coincidence that the Donald and JBJ's bid has been leaked to the press, they are the two most promotional groups).

These guys want to win the press conference the most. JBJ wants to win games, I suppose. Let's hope Pegula just wants to win the bid, because that's all I want. Oh, and the Super Bowl... almost forgot that.

These guys want to win the press conference the most. JBJ wants to win games, I suppose. Let's hope Pegula just wants to win the bid, because that's all I want. Oh, and the Super Bowl... almost forgot that.

Easy to do . Forgiven Augie : ) Edited by 3rdand12