Bills officially for sale - let the bidding begin!

Is it just me or does every Kryk article have the Facebook, twitter, etc. symbols right where you would normally be reading?

Yep and they're annoying.

Edited by Fixxxer

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those waiting on insight from #roadsodas:

Kevin Massare @KevinMassare · 19h

According to a source, "all bidders are Expected to submit bids with a long term plan for the Buffalo area only."

More - "Bids with relocation will not be taken seriously".

"We expect to have 3 solid offers from WNY owners. Most have already been mentioned".

"all parties have had ample time to sign and return NDAs, we expect bids very shortly". Kevin Massare @KevinMassare · 19h

"We would be surprised if someone who knew the Buffalo sports landscape didn't win the bid".

"Ralph Wilson made it VERY clear to everyone in the estate, that moving the team would never be an option. It would taint his legacy".

"We involved with the deal wish the fans could be as comfortable and confident as we are, however this is just how the process goes"

His source is supposedly a kid of Littman, who is on the 4-person committee.

I already figured as much...made no sense to go thru all that trouble to make it near impossible to get out of the lease to turn around and sell to someone to who wants to relocate...

Ralph had a well organized plan in place and it appears it is being followed. This team isn't going anywhere.

Edited by matter2003

Like I said before: we're very likely a good 4-6 weeks away from hearing anything of real substance (beyond what we already know/suspect).

I know. Just hate seeing this thread working it's way down the chain.

That article hints at nothing. "There are other billionaire's out there". No ****. He makes it seem like he has knowledge of someone bidding but doesn't back it up. End of story. Lots of hits from the Buffalo market.

it seems like the pendulum swings wildly from "we're going to be fine" to "DOOM!"

I can't wait for this to be over so we have a real answer.

Why doom? They're only reported to be potential bidders. And there is nothing that says they would want to move the team. I think from everything we've heard already the team will be where they've always been. Just a matter of who the ownership is. I'm done worrying. But I agree, I'm looking forward to it being done with. Then we can talk about that new stadium or no new stadium.

It is amazing how little we really know at this point about the sale process, the terms of the trust, and the interested parties. I really hope Pegula wins the auction, but I sometimes feel that we are all being a bit naive and complacent about this process. Of course there may be billionaires with more resources than Pegula who could be interested in buying the team. I do think that moving the team in the near term will be very difficult if the team is sold to a buyer who wants to do that, but a buyer can be patient and wait whatever number of years it will take, particularly if a new stadium is not built, which would be the excuse to move the team.

Ultimately, Cuomo will need to be supportive of building a new stadium for the Bills, in part because the NFL may require this. I get it that he does not want to explicitly state now that he will devote state funds for this purpose, but if an owner is willing to pay for most of the cost of a new stadium, the state needs to chip in as well. This will be the only way to ensure the long term future of the Bills in Buffalo.

What if roadsodas' "source" is actually TSW?

let's start some rumors and see. I, for one, have heard about Aaron Rodgers coming to the Bills for a 4th round pick.

Haha...that would be hilarious. I actually have no beef with Massare's info as you guys know...I just see no reason to speak in such glaring generalities when that timetable has been pretty well articulated by more than a few news outlets.