Pegula sells land for $1.75 Billion, Will Bid on Bills!

Laugh if you will, I'm convinced. :P

I want there to be an M. Night Shamalan twist to this whole thing, where Pegula buys the team, and pays Bon Jovi to play the home opener at the new stadium.

Actually, if you want it to be an M. Night Shamalan twist, we find out that the league has been tricking the city of Buffalo all along. The whole thing is fake. Somehow they already have moved the team to LA and have found a way to make all Bills fans believe that the team is still here. That's why fans of other teams laugh when they find out I'm a Bills fan.

There is no other explanation for the last fourteen years.

Edited by sodbuster

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, if you want it to be an M. Night Shamalan twist, we find out that the league has been tricking the city of Buffalo all along. The whole thing is fake. Somehow they already have moved the team to LA and have found a way to make all Bills fans believe that the team is still here. That's why fans of other teams laugh when they find out I'm a Bills fan.

There is no other explanation for the last fourteen years.

:cry: How did you know what my nightmares consist of... throw in Marcia Brady somewhere and you nailed it.

Actually, if you want it to be an M. Night Shamalan twist, we find out that the league has been tricking the city of Buffalo all along. The whole thing is fake.

It wasn't until the sixth draft of The Sixth Sense that M. Night even thought to himself "that guy is dead." That wasn't the idea for the story. He thought of it after he had written it five times.

:cry: How did you know what my nightmares consist of... throw in Marcia Brady somewhere and you nailed it.

I actually had this dream a couple months ago, maybe the day Ralph died. I lived with a Jets fan this year. When i told him aboit it the next morning, he just shook his head and said "you people sure are a miserable bunch."

It wasn't until the sixth draft of The Sixth Sense that M. Night even thought to himself "that guy is dead." That wasn't the idea for the story. He thought of it after he had written it five times.

Which draft was it where he first gave Bruce Willis hair?

It has been said time and time and time and time again on TBD, STOP SAYING DOME OR DOMED! A new stadium will either have a ROOF or a Retractable Roof! They stopped making domed stadiums with domes in the early 1990's, they are obsolete.

retractable roof would be preferable. Maybe that's what you meant though.

Most retractable roofs on stadiums are like sunroofs on cars...a hole in the roof but you're still essentially inside. Not worth the $200-400 million it adds to the cost of construction. Make it a fixed roof and leave it at that. You won't get rickets from a lack of sunlight.

Most retractable roofs on stadiums are like sunroofs on cars...a hole in the roof but you're still essentially inside. Not worth the $200-400 million it adds to the cost of construction. Make it a fixed roof and leave it at that. You won't get rickets from a lack of sunlight.

Doesn't sound like the Pegula way to me. Maybe to save money if someone other than El Pegual wins the bid but I think Pegula pays for the premium trim version. Just like his cars have fog lights where they should be instead of plastic inserts. Oh and premium leather too.

I don't think you know what you are saying unless you believe someone other than Pegula gets the team. Well actually I don't think you know what you are saying. Have a nice day.

Doesn't sound like the Pegula way to me. Maybe to save money if someone other than El Pegual wins the bid but I think Pegula pays for the premium trim version. Just like his cars have fog lights where they should be instead of plastic inserts. Oh and premium leather too.

I don't think you know what you are saying unless you believe someone other than Pegula gets the team. Well actually I don't think you know what you are saying. Have a nice day.

Hey if El Paguel wants to splurge more power to him. I'm just saying it's a waste of money. I'm a practical guy and I think TP is as well. You can get a lot of cool stuff for what a retractable roof would cost.

It has been said time and time and time and time again on TBD, STOP SAYING DOME OR DOMED! A new stadium will either have a ROOF or a Retractable Roof! They stopped making domed stadiums with domes in the early 1990's, they are obsolete.

whats kind of annoying is how everyone on this site flips out like their friends just banged their sister because someone uses the word "dome". Everyone knows it won't be a "done" an it will be a "retractable roof stadium". The fact is, people are so anal about the verbiage of things.

Anyone who balks at Pegula's potential ownership is naive. Cannot base his ownership capabilities on the past 4 years of Sabres win/loss production. He is rebuilding a flawed Sabres franchise, is investing millions already in the city, and would be a savior for this region if he purchased the Bills. This is an absolute best case scenario and everyone should be hoping for it to happen. Pegula is the best thing to happen to Buffalo since the Erie Canal.

He is doing exactly what many fans supposedly wanted with the Sabres. Gotta crash and burn, draft #1 or #2 for a couple of years, then break the ban for free agents and you've suddenly got a team!

That's how Chicago and Pittsburgh got their stars. You have to suck, not be the 8th seed, to get Crosby, Malkin, or Kane.

Edited by TheFunPolice

whats kind of annoying is how everyone on this site flips out like their friends just banged their sister because someone uses the word "dome". Everyone knows it won't be a "done" an it will be a "retractable roof stadium". The fact is, people are so anal about the verbiage of things.

I seriously doubt it will be a retractable roof, just a roof, it would be open 3 or 4 times a year? Waste of money.

I seriously doubt it will be a retractable roof, just a roof, it would be open 3 or 4 times a year? Waste of money.

well, that all depends on the amenities the facility has. Are we hosting concerts in the summer? Different shows? Sporting events?

And wasn't your argument that it should not be a dome. That it needs a roof? Why are you arguing with me on this?

Edited by mrags

This would be best news concerning the Bills in many, many years. Of course he needs to win the bidding process, but he clearly has the resources to get this done, if he is truly interested in owning the Bills. He will deserve all of our support and every benefit of the doubt if he is our new owner.

I really hope this happens. It would finally lift some of the dark clouds hanging over this team for years.

I've enjoyed my time on Sabrespace and TBD. The debates on a variety of sports related material over that time has been very entertaining and, in some cases, actually constructive for one's sanity as a Buffalo sports fan.

With that said, there will always be real skeptics, and hey, rightfully so. The area has been devoid of real leadership for so long that when the time arrives where it shows up it's almost hard to believe for most below the age of 50 that grew up here. I can relate to that just as most can.

But in the end, whether you hold skepticism or optimism, I'd like to make it perfectly clear, change is coming to WNY, and it's for the better. As I stated earlier, these sports franchises are just one aspect of that change, but no less important to the over all objectives of that change. There are now events in motion and things in play that this area wouldn't dare dream about over the past 40 years, only memories of Mom and Dad or Grandma and Grandpa's stories of era's long since past.

There is some coordination of these efforts. If you believe this is power brokers working continuously on their own and getting nowhere with frustration, you are wrong. The wheels have been turning, and now appear poised to use the Buffalo Bills to benefit the beloved community that has shown nothing short of impassioned loyalty.

Just a fan speculating ;)