Super Bowl L breaking with tradition!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the letter L should sue the NFL for discriminiation, and force them to refrain from using it alltogether untill this wrong has been righted.

The NF presents Super Bow 50.

That would not affect Solomon Wilcotts pronunciation.

Good decision ! From the art stand point or design stand point much easier to figure out or balance the look of the promo than sticking a L in the middle of the screen .

More than not there aren't as many people that are into roman numerals IMHO !!

The explanation is ludicrous, IMO:

"It's a one-year break, said Jaime Weston, the league's vice president of brand and creative, because the "L" isn't as pleasing to the eye.

"When we developed the Super Bowl XL logo, that was the first time we looked at the letter L," Weston said. "Up until that point, we had only worked with X's, V's and I's. And, at that moment, that's when we started to wonder: What will happen when we get to 50?"

X's, V's and I's are more pleasing that L's??? WTF?

As a graphic designer, I agree with his opinions.

Good decision ! From the art stand point or design stand point much easier to figure out or balance the look of the promo than sticking a L in the middle of the screen .

More than not there aren't as many people that are into roman numerals IMHO !!

"One my humble opinion? What does that mean?

I have wonder sometimes. After watching Buffalo NOT go to Super Bowl I (as it is now known)

If I had known that SB 50 would be on the horizon, and no Lombardi Trophy in WNY....would I have stayed with the Bills. <sigh>

I have been a fan for over 50 years now.

Just shoot me. :bag:

Edited by rockpile

My last two companies given it is silicon valley are placed out there so as a regional manager I would be out about 8 times per year. The stadium looks awesome, and would love to watch the Bills out there. There is a lot to do, good restaurants, beautiful scenery, and perfect weather.

It is possible on the upside if we made large strides this year, finally make a wildcard in the playoffs, build a little more next year with free agency, and another solid draft. I know we don't have a #1, but we still have several picks, and our team is more talented.

I don't like the "San Francisco Bay Area" should have been "San Francisco-ish"

And even that would be generous.

The one thing they do have right with the "50" logo, is that people will know how far away they really are from San Francisco.