Senator Gillibrand and the Bills

Cuomo and Schumer have been relatively strong and vocal in their views with regard to the sale of the Bills and keeping the Bills in Buffalo. Has Senator Gillibrand spoken a word on this? Very disappointing.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She may have been asked to let the senior senator and the governor take the lead on this.

That's kind of my thinking. I think that they are being very calculating and choosing their words wisely. Obviously, they all want the Bills to stay. It is in all of their best interests. I am not reading too much into it.

Who?

The other NYS US Senator.

That's kind of my thinking. I think that they are being very calculating and choosing their words wisely. Obviously, they all want the Bills to stay. It is in all of their best interests. I am not reading too much into it.

From a political standpoint, she is creating political suicide by not creating a united front, standing behind Schumer at conferences, It is important for her to let Schumer and Cuomo grandstand, but she should be making the trips and stand behind them stating we are all together during Q & A.

She won't get one vote out of Western NY if she does not. If I were her opponent in re-election would blast her daily on this point. If there is one thing Buffalonians are passionate about is the Bills.

From a political standpoint, she is creating political suicide by not creating a united front, standing behind Schumer at conferences, It is important for her to let Schumer and Cuomo grandstand, but she should be making the trips and stand behind them stating we are all together during Q & A.

She won't get one vote out of Western NY if she does not. If I were her opponent in re-election would blast her daily on this point. If there is one thing Buffalonians are passionate about is the Bills.

Gee, I wonder if you really care or you're just complaining because she's a Democrat. You say the others are "grandstanding", but then you want her to also. Make up your mind. And I'll bet she gets more votes next election in Western NY than whoever the Republicans put up.

I agree that she is making a big mistake. She can let Cuomo and Schumer be out in front of this, but to be silent on this matter is pure stupidity.

No it's not. She sees there is no political capital to be gained here. Her re-election doesn't depend on the Bills staying or going.

Gee, I wonder if you really care or you're just complaining because she's a Democrat. You say the others are "grandstanding", but then you want her to also. Make up your mind. And I'll bet she gets more votes next election in Western NY than whoever the Republicans put up.

You misinterpreted my comments on grandstanding. I don't care whether they are left or right. In my opinion all politicians grandstand on both sides. I'm glad they are to provide as much coverage as possible and keep our Bills here.

You sound like your sensitive to the left right thing. That is not my intention. My point is she should get out in front of this issue so she can do the right thing, and also helps her political case in 2015.

The Bills stadium situation is not a huge issue outside of the WNY or with non Bills fans. I'm hoping she has more important things to work on. She is very busy and has done good things in her position. She is undeserving of criticism in this instance.

Sen. Gillibrand does not make a move without Chuck Schumer's permission.

When he tells her to, she will release a statement.

She's not actually a real person, it's just a hologram Schumer's people show sometimes.

I do not understand the point of the last comment. Plain and simple, without regard to one's political views, Senator Gillibrand should be publicly supporting the effort to keep the Bills in Buffalo.