Senator Gillibrand and the Bills

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Red hair ring" refers to a way to divert attention from the real topic. It originated in the Nordic in the late 1500s when warriors were given R&R at local brothels.

The commanders would let the troops select the girls first but still wanted the more attractive blonde Nordic girls for themselves. They would fool the rank and file into leaving the Nordic prostitutes alone by telling them that the Irish imports were skilled in the fine arts of satisfaction. Although untrue, the ruse always worked. The Madams were in on this and divided the girls into groups in separate rooms for selection. Inevitably word had spread among the lower ranks and invariably they came in asking the Madams to see the "Red Hair Ring" which was what the room full of Irish chicks was called. The commanders would follow and get the Nordics that they had wanted all along and had been largely left alone by the troops.

This term is now known for anything that throws someone off the track.

A Red Herring is a fish but that should be obvious.

Explanations for the origin of idioms are a diamond of zen.

It seems fairly obvious that Schumer is taking the public lead on this issue in terms of both Senate and Congressional work on this issue and quite likely that the failure of any member of Congress to comment publicly on this issue is likely a sign they will be in line with and available for real action when the time comes and Schumer calls for it.

In the absence of some tangible real world signs that Gillebrand disagrees with Schumer on this issue, its a pretty safe assumption she agrees with Schumer in supporting the BUFFALO Bills.

In addition the comments referring to Gillebrand who clearly was smart enough to earn various degrees, get appointed to and then win re-election to the Senate, and has been a vocal and so far more successful than other Sen.s at promoting gender equity issues for military service shows that those who might call her ditzy really are the ditzy ones.

He's got one one the hook, time to start reeling...

Did you miss the part where I wrote "instead of believing his bs"? Wouldn't that indicate that I know he is trolling?...Or are you trolling as well?

I don't know what to believe anymore.

In addition the comments referring to Gillebrand who clearly was smart enough to earn various degrees, get appointed to and then win re-election to the Senate, and has been a vocal and so far more successful than other Sen.s at promoting gender equity issues for military service shows that those who might call her ditzy really are the ditzy ones.

Or trolling.

Did you miss the part where I wrote "instead of believing his bs"? Wouldn't that indicate that I know he is trolling?...Or are you trolling as well?

I don't know what to believe anymore.

You told me to stop believing his bs, and then sent me to a page that had nothing to do with red hair ring.