2014 Bills OTAs

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2) Manuel looks more relaxed - While he’s still missing some throws, EJ Manuel doesn’t look nearly as eager to get the ball out of his hands as quickly as possible as he did around this time last year. That was a big problem of his in 2013 throughout the season, and the stress has been to try and slow down the game and not overreact to adverse situations within the pocket. Manuel was waiting on routes with receivers coming open and making some good reads, the placement of the ball just has to be better at times. He will have a relapse every once and again, like when Nickell Robey read his eyes and jumped right in front of a pass for an interception. For the most part, though, Manuel seems a bit more settled.

Not what I wanted to see, but unfortunately, what I expected..

Some might call that cherry picking

At the risk of inciting more riots on these pages, I just have to say -- man, that Chris Hogan is all over these OTA highlight videos.

He's a good 6 when you have guys like Nelson jones Stevie and ruvell as your top 4

He doesn't have a place on this roster though. Nothing against him - sounds like a good guy and I wish him luck but it shouldn't happen here

He's a good 6 when you have guys like Nelson jones Stevie and ruvell as your top 4

He doesn't have a place on this roster though. Nothing against him - sounds like a good guy and I wish him luck but it shouldn't happen here

Whether Hogan barely makes the roster or not his impact will be insignificant. Another receiver who is going to have trouble hanging on to his roster spot is Graham. Moving slightly up to select him never made sense. The receiver I am eager to watch this year is Goodwin. Graham is more of a track athlete than a football player. Goodwin is a track athlete who is also a tough football player. He had a proclivity in getting open on deep routes. The problem was the ball was rarely thrown near him.

Our receiver corps is taking shape. Watkins, Williams, Woods and Goodwin. If EJ can take the sophomore leap then there is a reasonable expectation for having a serious team. If he continues to struggle with his accuracy and reads then the talents of the receivers will be squandered.

i bet he sticks. and rotates into the slot position.

feel free to mark it down .

i bet he sticks. and rotates into the slot position.

feel free to mark it down .

I assume the top 4 are set

Then easley I think is staying

Leaving one spot to fight for IF we keep 6 on the final roster. You might see hogan not only fighting with the likes of graham and Barden but also henderson on the line, summers in the backfield, etc....

Edited by NoSaint

At the risk of inciting more riots on these pages, I just have to say -- man, that Chris Hogan is all over these OTA highlight videos.

I hope Hogan is around again this season. When ever he did anything last season, which granted was not very often, I would do my best Colonel Kling impersonation, which alwasys made my wife laugh.

I hope Hogan is around again this season. When ever he did anything last season, which granted was not very often, I would do my best Colonel Kling impersonation, which alwasys made my wife laugh.

HOGAN !!

I assume the top 4 are set

Then easley I think is staying

Leaving one spot to fight for IF we keep 6 on the final roster. You might see hogan not only fighting with the likes of graham and Barden but also henderson on the line, summers in the backfield, etc....

Its a tough battle to get on the roster thats for sure NS .

And the chances are slim for Chris.

I have mentioned before I wish we could keep them all .

Good problem to have as Coach would say. So either way it shakes out is okay

No hate towards TJ but i hope someone makes Buffalo a trade offer Monos/Whaley likes and get some value.

Sorry Jboyst :cry:

I am voting for HOGAN ! because he is a

wait......... whats that........... in the sky /endzone ? Its underdog !

So let's assume we have Mike Williams, Watkins, Woods, and Goodwin as the top 4, and Easley due to his ST play. Who's the last guy? There is this argument on Hogan.

Who else as i believe they've grown tired of Graham, but could be wrong. Who would be a better option?

I'm not in upstate NY so I won't have access live to the OTA's, training camp, or anything else. I hear from so many local guys how much they like Hogan. I don't have an opinion. His highlights look nice last week, but they are just highlights.

So let's assume we have Mike Williams, Watkins, Woods, and Goodwin as the top 4, and Easley due to his ST play. Who's the last guy? There is this argument on Hogan.

Who else as i believe they've grown tired of Graham, but could be wrong. Who would be a better option?

I'm not in upstate NY so I won't have access live to the OTA's, training camp, or anything else. I hear from so many local guys how much they like Hogan. I don't have an opinion. His highlights look nice last week, but they are just highlights.

Thing is Kelly , he lit it up last year all the way through St John Fisher.

And then hardly saw the field during the season . Reports are that he is faster smoother and becoming a popular target for the QBs.

I think when the pads go on and all the players are active we shall see what the reality is .

This Barden is a possibilty and Kevin Elliot might be something .

If one of these guys are able to perform on ST as well as Easely , the Marcus could be odd man out. I think he is less a receiver than Hogan. Guess its on Rob Moore to decide who the bubble player is that makes it ?

Sure he was fantastic for special teams and i love the kid but ST kinda sucked overall and Bills have brought in a ton of players to rectify that " core"