2014 Bills OTAs

Marcell Dareus eager to move forward

DT Marcell Dareus is looking to put past transgressions behind him as OTAs begin in Buffalo.

dareus-move-forward-story.jpg

It was an off the field transgression that he wished had not happened. Eager to put his arrest three weeks ago for possession of a controlled substance behind him, Marcell Dareus was spending extra time on the practice field working on his pass rush moves as organized team activities got underway at One Bills Drive.

“It’s a legal issue. It’s not really something I’m going to talk about,” Dareus said. “I’m here to just do what I do, which is have fun, play ball, stay focused and try to get better and that’s going to take care of itself. We handle it and do the best we can with it.”

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@JonahJavad: EJ Manuel was limping briefly after escaping pocket during offense vs. defense drill. Reached for left knee. Still on field taking reps tho.

Glass Joe already getting himself hurt?! WTF!!! This guy is softer than "Robosack" Rob Johnson.

Marcell Dareus Comments on Offseason

The Bills defensive lineman talks about playing in the new defensive system, and comments on his offseason.

Sammy Watkins on Signing His Contract <5:40>

The Bills first round draft pick talks about getting his contract signed on Tuesday, how his first OTA went, and his chemistry with EJ Manuel.

Watkins wishing he didn’t have to miss OTAs

As encouraging as Sammy Watkins play was in his first day on the field in Buffalo’s offense, he’s unfortunately going to miss the next two days of organized team activities due to the NFLPA Rookie Premiere in Los Angeles, which mandates the attendance of the top players in the draft class. If Watkins had his way he’d be staying in Orchard Park the rest of the week.

@JonahJavad: EJ Manuel was limping briefly after escaping pocket during offense vs. defense drill. Reached for left knee. Still on field taking reps tho.

I find it odd that he's the only person to bring it up. None of the WGR or national guys, that I saw on Twitter, even mentioned it. Maybe a bit of over reporting and looking too hard for something?

I find it odd that he's the only person to bring it up. None of the WGR or national guys, that I saw on Twitter, even mentioned it. Maybe a bit of over reporting and looking too hard for something?

This guy actually posted a video of him asking EJ about this incident on his Instagram account. EJ laughed when he heard the question and said that he got scratched or scrape on his knee and it was taken care of.

OTA 1: Watkins settles in

Sammy Watkins got reps with the first team and made a handful of plays on Day 1 of OTAs.

It was a busy day for Bills top draft choice Sammy Watkins on the first day of team organized activities at One Bills Drive Wednesday. Watkins got reps with the first team offense during team segments and made a handful of plays in the passing game, and after a post-practice weight room session signed his rookie contract.

During routes against air (no defenders) Watkins’ best catch was the one he made outside his body frame on a high pass from EJ Manuel. The receiver reached over his head with both hands and snared the pass without breaking stride.

EJ Manuel on his goals for the OTA Sessions <7:02>

Bills QB EJ Manuel talks about the first session of OTAs and what goals he has set for himself before training.

Doug Marrone on the first day of OTAs <14:32>

Bills Head Coach Doug Marrone talks about the first day of OTAs and discusses some players who have had offseason procedures, QB EJ Manuel, and rookie WR Sammy Watkins.

Pretty funny - just left the Lowes Hollywood were the Rookie deal is happening. I was hoping to see Sammy last night, then I realized he was in Buffalo for OTAs.

In one hall they had a bunch of fake movie posters, EJ was featured on one called "North of the Boarder". Think they know Buffalo is in the US?

@ChrisBrownBills

At the start of voluntary OTAs only 2 vets not on hand Alan Branch and Manny Lawson. #Bills

both preganant again like last year ...

Not pleased from where i stand. And Branch got a new contract didnt he ?

Coach is pissed

The angels will sing on this day... Pears is turrrrrible.

Hey ! He is just old and weather worn a bit . I dont think they should be singing.

This program is seriously BS if it interferes with a rookies development.

Now i am grumpy again.

Pretty funny - just left the Lowes Hollywood were the Rookie deal is happening. I was hoping to see Sammy last night, then I realized he was in Buffalo for OTAs.

In one hall they had a bunch of fake movie posters, EJ was featured on one called "North of the Boarder". Think they know Buffalo is in the US?

HA !

I hope "Boarder" is not how they spelled it on the poster.

@buffalobills

Manuel: watched every 2013 #Bills game twice, then started to study other QBs - A. Rodgers, C. Kaepernick, R. Wilson, and D. Brees.

@buffalobills

Marcell Dareus: "I'm not a trouble guy. We sat and talked, (the #Bills) believe in me and I'm ready to move forward" pic.twitter.com/U0guzsJnkA

@buffalobills

Kyle Williams: "We have some guys who are tailor-made for this defense"

@buffalobills

Kiko Alonso: "It's been nice to have some time off and relax, but now it's time to get back to work" pic.twitter.com/HUk0xX2rlw

would be great to get more detail about KW's comment. Himself? Kiko? Hope someone follows up on that.