Update on renovations to The Ralph

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm starting to warm to the idea of exploring the option of a "new" stadium using the existing as a base. Surely some clever architects could figure out how to revamp it and add modern amenities and even put a retractabe roof on the existin at a fraction of the cost of a whole new stadium?

I'm starting to warm to the idea of exploring the option of a "new" stadium using the existing as a base. Surely some clever architects could figure out how to revamp it and add modern amenities and even put a retractabe roof on the existin at a fraction of the cost of a whole new stadium?

The roof part is easy. Build a structure around and over the current stadium, like putting a tent over a house when they fumigate. Would still have some attachment points to the current structure, but the majority of the load would be on the new outer walls.

Big waste of money IMO, you're going to be in a different location within 8 years most likely. I'll take that extra millions of dollars and put it to much better use!

This argument doesn't make sense to me. A new stadium isn't a given. Suppose an out of towner buys the team. The stadium as it sat last year was barely adequate. In six more years years the stadium would be woefully outdated.

Now the facilities are up to date at the very least, and the renovation shows a good faith effort by the county and state to work with the team to give them a decent place to play.

Big waste of money IMO, you're going to be in a different location within 8 years most likely. I'll take that extra millions of dollars and put it to much better use!

Half the money being spent is going to structural issues, so it's not optional. The rest will help generate income.

Why so angry?

Actually, I'm not angry.

Just tired of what seems like more whining than ever about the team, the stadium, the draft, the trade, the coach, the gm, the ceo, the renovations, the location of a new stadium, the new owner etc. I'm sure there more! Oh ya, the qb! Despite all that is going on around I think we have a playoff team. A playoff team. Let the good times roll again this coming season. We have had a great off season. And I want to enjoy all of what's going on.

All the while respecting the passing of Ralph.

Actually, I'm not angry.

Just tired of what seems like more whining than ever about the team, the stadium, the draft, the trade, the coach, the gm, the ceo, the renovations, the location of a new stadium, the new owner etc. I'm sure there more! Oh ya, the qb! Despite all that is going on around I think we have a playoff team. A playoff team. Let the good times roll again this coming season. We have had a great off season. And I want to enjoy all of what's going on.

All the while respecting the passing of Ralph.

i like your outlook.. just enjoy.. let everything else play out.. as much as i want the ideal scenario to play out regarding the franchise, getting tired of it.. the NFL'S obscene emphasis on making as much as they can squeeze outta ya is a turn-off, to say the least..

Little strange that the portions of the new scoreboard on top of the old administration building appear to be blocked by the club suites depending on where you are sitting. Strange that they didn't elevate it more. Maybe the camera angles are just misleading.

Little strange that the portions of the new scoreboard on top of the old administration building appear to be blocked by the club suites depending on where you are sitting. Strange that they didn't elevate it more. Maybe the camera angles are just misleading.

That will be mostly for digital signage. They are putting up two new scoreboards on top of the corner suites on both sides of the administration building

Where would you propose they play during that construction?

i like your outlook.. just enjoy.. let everything else play out.. as much as i want the ideal scenario to play out regarding the franchise, getting tired of it.. the NFL'S obscene emphasis on making as much as they can squeeze outta ya is a turn-off, to say the least..

I like that outlook too. Be here now, folks. We cannot change the outcome. However, we can be the best fans in the NFL in the meantime. It's a relative few mutants by way of their conduct who can justify a cheap excuse for moving the team. We can all be ambassadors for Buffalo, and the Buffalo Bills via 'showing how its done' when it comes to the Tailgating/Stadium atmosphere.

I'm going to every game this year. The preseason games too. Regardless of what shakes out, ticket prices will likely be a LOT higher under new ownership. Let's enjoy the ride as much as we can in the meantime!

Edited by Ted William's frozen head

I like that outlook too. Be here now, folks. We cannot change the outcome. However, we can be the best fans in the NFL in the meantime. It's a relative few mutants by way of their conduct who can justify a cheap excuse for moving the team. We can all be ambassadors for Buffalo, and the Buffalo Bills via 'showing how its done' when it comes to the Tailgating/Stadium atmosphere.

I'm going to every game this year. The preseason games too. Regardless of what shakes out, ticket prices will likely be a LOT higher under new ownership. Let's enjoy the ride as much as we can in the meantime!

yep.. i just like the anticipation and the actual playing of the games. right now, the emphasis is on money, marketing etc etc. i know that is a reality, im an old guy who remembers when is was all about the game.. now there is so much extraneous nonsense, one just has to tune it out.. with the news of the guy buying the clippers for 2 bill, just adds to the angst that we bills fans now have to deal with.. i just want to focus on the season, see who makes the team.. go from there.. very hard to keep the focus on that though..

• 2 weeks later...