WR Stevie Johnson traded to San Francisco 49ers

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great for Stevie. Half of the fans never apperciated how he went from a 7th round to 3 time 1,000 yard season. Now he gets to play for a great team in his hometown. But hey what do the 49ers know about talent?

The worst part is the biggest Stevie haters will be trashing the Bills after SJ has a good season. I hate this move so much.

Oh, I dunno on the "biggest Stevie haters" part. Whitner drew a lot of trashing while he was here. He's had good seasons in San Fran and I haven't seen the haters recant.

I do wish Stevie the best, and it's going to hurt to see him have a great season with a standout coach designing plays, Kaep throwing to him, and all the other weapons SF has

It really doesn't seem like a 2015 4th is a lot to get for him. I assume they must just be trying to unload his contract.

Stevie was average to anyone but Bills homers.

Exactly. Tallest dwarf on an island of midgets.

Moreover, his freelancing route mentality ("never the same route twice") was a detriment to the development of a young QB. As a rookie, Wood showed more discipline to run the routes called than SJ. Not what this team needed and that problem has now been addressed.

3. No way TJ Graham makes the roster (barring injuries) over Barden and Easley...Easley is a lock for his ST play baring injury, and Barden has way more upside than Graham (who was brought in by a regime no longer here).

I don't know about Easley being a lock for his ST play. Graham was an exceptional return man in college. His speed will be an asset on ST as we'll.

But I am ready for a winning culture above one rewards losing. Give the team to youth who will "own" winning instead of losing.

I agree. Nothing personified the same ole "find a new way to lose" Bills more than SJ.

We need winners, not funny losers that love Buffalo.

I will get to responding later alpha. Hard to do on tablet

Johnson put up 115 yards and a TD on Sherman in2012. I can't wait to see him beat Sherman

No worries...and for the record, not trying to be argumentative with your post, I just have exact opposite thoughts on those points.

A 7th round draft pick, worked his way onto the team, then worked his way into the starting lineup, then did what no Bill, that would be 0, Zip, Zilch, Nada, had ever done before with three straight 1000 yard seasons. You the h8s, the noisy whiners, the I hate Lynch, Evans, now Johnson. Take your 4th round draft picks and shove them up your ____!

Great. Score of the game at the time? Why would you cite one of the worst losses in recent memory.

I was just referring to another poster's mention of that game.

I guess you're insinuating that Richard Sherman wasn't trying his hardest in the second quarter of a game, when he was absolutely in Stevie's pocket for the first 2/3 of the route before Stevie made a move and a hard cut and left Sherman about five yards away from him within a half second. Apparently, he decided the 31-7 score was important during the first two thirds of the play, and then decided for the last one third, the part right near the goal line, that the game was over and he didn't really want to try the rest of the play.

Great. Score of the game at the time? Why would you cite one of the worst losses in recent memory.

Because thats what people do...They did it for Trent...They did it for Fitz...They do it for Stevie. They site garbage time accomplishments, plays in bad losses, etc to highlight a players career.

His dominance over Revis is also very over exaggerated. In what was probably his best game against Revis (he still didn't break 100 yards that game) he also later LOST us the game dropping an easy pass to end our final drive to try and win the game. And Revis was not even on him the whole game. In fact, Jets pretty much have owned us most games since SJ13 has been a Bill.

I loved Stevie, he brought swagger to a team that needed...problem was he often did not live up to that swagger, came up short too often, vanishes to easily, and compiles a lot of stats when it doesn't matter and doesn't often enough do enough when it does matter.

I wish him the best, and I fully expect him to be successful in SF as he can play, but he needs to be a complimentary piece not the main guy. In SF, he gets to be that and should see lots of mismatches with all the talent on that offense I would expect he will help that team now that the pressure won't be on him.

I was just referring to another poster's mention of that game.

I guess you're insinuating that Richard Sherman wasn't trying his hardest in the second quarter of a game, when he was absolutely in Stevie's pocket for the first 2/3 of the route before Stevie made a move and a hard cut and left Sherman about five yards away from him within a half second. Apparently, he decided the 31-7 score was important during the first two thirds of the play, and then decided for the last one third, the part right near the goal line, that the game was over and he didn't really want to try the rest of the play.

No doubt SJ will be looking back fondly on that moment for the rest of his career in the NFCW...

Well, we acquired him with a 7th round draft choice. We got 3 thousand yard seasons out of him. And now we get a 4th - maybe a 3rd - round draft pick for him. All-in-all, a very good deal.

While I hate to lose SJ when he's the only proven WR on the roster, it's hard not to notice that EJ and SJ never seemed to find any chemistry last year. Maybe EJ is too young to know how to work with someone who freelances like Stevie does. So maybe this trade really is best for all concerned.

Best of luck to Stevie... hope he's happy back in the Bay Area.

He put up some pretty good stats with Ryan $hitzpatrick at qb. Not sure why people here think some of us are overvaluing him. He's actually quite underrated in my opinion.

How well did Larry Fitzgerald do the last few years before Carson Palmer came in this past season?

Yes, we've been garbage for a long time. Doesn't mean we haven't had some really good players in that time.

No doubt SJ will be looking back fondly on that moment for the rest of his career in the NFCW...

As soon as they took Watkins I knew, as others did, that Stevie would be gone. I'm glad he's gone even though I liked him. I thought he was good, not great. We just didn't need him as long as we had Woods and MWilliams.

I imagine he will be a very valuable cog for the 49ers, and not put up very big numbers. I doubt he will get 50 catches unless there is a significant injury to Crabtree or Davis.

He was hurt a lot himself, and had a lot of crucial drops, and I agree with the poster who said that he is much better with certain kinds of QBs. He should fit in well and play well in the SF offense, there just won't be a lot of balls thrown his way because they already have four weapons.

DAMN!!! I AM DEPRESSED BY THIS!! I knew something was up when Whaley said his name after the draft by accident when he was talking about Manual. Bye Stevie THANK YOU, I am a fan and you're a damned good football player. I really kind of hate this, he was worth more than Evans for gods sake!

Edited by bowery4

I still don't like this move at all. If he's such a big hit against our cap no matter what then why not keep him 1 more year? You can never have too many good players. All sign points to something going on behind the scenes that we don't know about

yep, all signs. And the mafia killed Kennedy and the holocaust didn't happen. :wallbash: