RD1, Pick #4: WR Sammy Watkins - Clemson

The usual suspects that B word about the team not being aggressive now B word about this pick, and the cost it took to make it...go figure.

I'm happy to see a front office that has the balls to do something it believes in. The Ebron pick that was the 'conventional wisdom' probably would have resulted in the conventional results...nice player but not special. We now have a special guy in a pass-first league with enough complementary assets surrounding him that he doesn't have to carry the whole passing game on his back.

The 2nd and 3rd pick will determine how this 'calculated risk' will be judged. Get two more instant starters (OL, TE) and next year's number one becomes less of a gamble, IMO.

Yup - add a starting RT and high potential TE and that pick next year might be in the 20s.... Not bad if it works out.

there's way too many negative Nancys on this board we just got a f****** stud player, who cares what the f*** we gave up.

We haven't been to the f****** playoffs in 15 years get over it

Agreed... Worry about not having a first next year

Bills just got the highest rated player in their board, how often does a team have a chance to do that?

Edited by Max997

If the team needs a QB next year, then yes, this will set us back 5 years.

What? No more QBs will ever be available after 2015? Negative thinking prevails in the minds of too many. Swing for the fences with conviction and let the chips fall where they will.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Guys knocking watkins as a TALENT (not as an expensive buy) really should watch him. He's spectacular. Best offensive prospect in the draft.

I'm going to have to learn to love him in Buffalo. Watching his highlight reel does nothing for me.

Hope like heck he's a good 'un.

Wait until he experiences press coverage in the NFL

Have you ever seen the guy? What about his ability makes you doubt his ability? Strong, fast, agile, good route runner.... What about his skill set is strongly lacking?

So then you take a QB the following year. At worst it sets you back one additional year. On top of that, EJ would have to look extremely horrendous to give up on him after two years. Most likely you'd still give him a 3rd year regardless.

If the team needs a QB next year, then yes, this will set us back 5 years.

Great move, I don't care about the extra picks next year. See ya T.J Graham !

Even the announcers like the pick...

Well, yes the announcers did like the pick, but, when the price the Bills paid was announced, I saw Gruden shaking his head....he thought it was to much for sure. Now, the question is, why did Whaley/Marrone do this. I think that crew is one and done if they don't make the playoffs......so burning the furniture in the 2015 season is OK with them....neither of those guys will be working for the new owner if they don't produce this year. Unfortunately, I thought the Bills were a QB away from a playoff team this year, not a wr off.

AWFUL. we just drafted the WR version of CJ Spiller

I couldn't agree more.

I'm truly wondering if Whaley has an IQ that's much above 100 at this point, quite seriously.

IMO he just sealed his and Marrone's fates. I guess we can start looking forward to the "rebuild" in 2016.