...And just like that highest paid no more

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I read that right he had 1 year at 4.6m left and added 4 for 40 giving him 5 for 44.6.... Less than 9m and less total dollars so both guys get some bragging rights--- but as many of us said, he wouldn't be #1 for long so it didn't make much sense to hang up on the "he's not the #1 best so we can't pay him #1 dollars" argument

It's interesting to see the premium placed on elite safety play by a championship team...versus a team that would floor a city if it snuck into the playoffs for once since I was in Middle school.

Edited by SmokinES3

It's interesting to see the premium placed on elite safety play by a championship team...versus a team that would floor a city if it snuck into the playoffs for once since I was in Middle school.

Yeah. Also interesting how some players don't act like d-bags and fake injuries.

Byrd is a piece of crap and I'm glad he's gone. He was a fantastic player but he didn't want to play here and there's nothing you can do about that at a certain point. He showed his character faking that injury and we used him like we should have for one last season. We got him at a bargain last year and said no we're not signing you. Kudos for the FO.

But, but they signed a two down MLB, the worst offensive lineman on the Rams, and a nickel CB as well as re-signed the worst starting TE in the league with the money they saved....

Well, at least we know you're not prone to hyperbole or anything.

Only stupid teams pay safeties that much money. Would sure hate to be a Seahawks fan right now.

They should have let him walk and let another idiotic team sign him like the Saints did with Byrd. Then replace him with a cheap scrub like the Bills are going to do.

Enjoy your super bowl and exciting team for years to come, you clowns. Just know you'll never feel the joy of unused cap space like we do.

Only stupid teams pay safeties that much money. Would sure hate to be a Seahawks fan right now.

They should have let him walk and let another idiotic team sign him like the Saints did with Byrd. Then replace him with a cheap scrub like the Bills are going to do.

Enjoy your super bowl and exciting team for years to come, you clowns. Just know you'll never feel the joy of unused cap space like we do.

I should really ignore this garbage, but I've been drinking and idiocy pisses me off and I feel compelled to address it. But you can prove me the idiot by answering a few questions: How much did the Bills offer Byrd, how much would they have had to pay to get him to sign before testing free agency, and did he give the Bills a chance to match the Saints offer?

My point isn't to defend the FO. It's just that if you can't answer these questions you're just whining like a small child. If you can answer, please do, because I'm very curious, as are many Bills fans who I'm sure will read your response. Thanks.

I should really ignore this garbage, but I've been drinking and idiocy pisses me off and I feel compelled to address it. But you can prove me the idiot by answering a few questions: How much did the Bills offer Byrd, how much would they have had to pay to get him to sign before testing free agency, and did he give the Bills a chance to match the Saints offer?

My point isn't to defend the FO. It's just that if you can't answer these questions you're just whining like a small child. If you can answer, please do, because I'm very curious, as are many Bills fans who I'm sure will read your response. Thanks.

Thank you

"........New Orleans safety Jairus Byrd received a six-year, $54 million deal in free agency, when the Saints plucked Byrd away from Buffalo in March. Byrd’s contract has $26.3 million in guaranteed money........"

http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Bills&Year=2014

Mario Williams $18,800,000

======>>>>>$9,000,000 would fit in right here

Steve Johnson $8,500,000

Marcell Dareus $6,493,232

Kyle Williams $6,250,000

Eric Wood $5,950,000

CJ Spiller $5,916,666

Leodis McKelvin $4,575,000

Aaron Williams $4,231,209

Would you want to have your second highest paid player be a guy who takes off 5 games a year?

Had the Bills put the transition tag on him they could have done just that. I think it was a card they should have played.

New Orleans overpaid for Byrd. Period. The Bills have other pressing needs and I am very happy that they chose not to overpay for Byrd. He is gone and I have moved on. I suspect we will see this kind of rhetoric for years to come by disgruntled Bills fans who don't care about winning, but just want their favorite players to be overpaid. They went 6-10 multiple times with Byrd. The can do just as well or hopefully better without him.

While I don't agree with this, it's nonetheless pretty hilarious.