Game of Thrones Part Deax: The Readers Thread

Kevin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Wilhelm scream cracked me up. Game of Thrones needs more Wilhelm screams.

Agreed, that was my first laugh when I heard the Wilhelm.

Also, can we discuss the actor they cast to play young Ned? He kinda looked like him, but he was the wrong choice for me. He distracted me more than drew me in. Sean Bean isn't the biggest presence on screen but he's got some... but that was a minor quibble.

Agreed, that was my first laugh when I heard the Wilhelm.

Also, can we discuss the actor they cast to play young Ned? He kinda looked like him, but he was the wrong choice for me. He distracted me more than drew me in. Sean Bean isn't the biggest presence on screen but he's got some... but that was a minor quibble.

You mean the actor that looks more like an older Jeoffrey Baratheon than a younger Ned Stark?

It was more than a minor quibble for me..."Wait, Ned banged Cersei behind Roberts' and Jamie's backs, then their demon-spawn grew up (faking his own death, obviously) and went back in time to fight Ser Arthur Dayne and rescue Lyanna from the Tower of Joy? Well...okay, it makes as much sense as everything else George has written recently."

That was a great episode. They keep doing the opposite of what I'm expecting, and I'm really happy about it. I thought they'd drag out the meeting between Sansa and Jon by having him leave just before she got there. I thought they'd drag out Dany's imprisonment in the ex wives club, and they finished that uo spectacularly.

Ramsay's note to Jon was so menacing and awesome.

"Come and see."

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

That was a great episode. They keep doing the opposite of what I'm expecting, and I'm really happy about it. I thought they'd drag out the meeting between Sansa and Jon by having him leave just before she got there. I thought they'd drag out Dany's imprisonment in the ex wives club, and they finished that uo spectacularly.

"Come and see."

If they had a book to go off of, no doubt Sansa and Brienne would wander in the wilderness all season, getting to Castle Black in the season finale, long after Jon's gone.

On the one hand, they're giving up quite a bit of character development, eliminating those scenes. On the other hand...how much more character exposition do we need? Particularly of secondary characters of the type that Martin likes to make sure are over-developed, and we're fully invested in, before he kills them.

If they had a book to go off of, no doubt Sansa and Brienne would wander in the wilderness all season, getting to Castle Black in the season finale, long after Jon's gone.

On the one hand, they're giving up quite a bit of character development, eliminating those scenes. On the other hand...how much more character exposition do we need? Particularly of secondary characters of the type that Martin likes to make sure are over-developed, and we're fully invested in, before he kills them.

You make good points. I think that there is so much to get through before the final battle, that they have to cut some of the character development. Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

I had completely forgot about EC's character until last episode......and omg I want to friggen beat Ramsey with my own two fists till nothing remains

He is playing the bad guy so well!

And it looks like Dany has picked up an additional army to g with her unsullied?

Edited by John from Hemet

She says it was her last night, because it was an empowering moment for the character... and she hadn't been nekid since season 3. But it looked like a CGI'd head on a body double to me.

Yeah, I kind of figured she had to do it for the storyline. And my wife said it was probably a body double.

I had completely forgot about EC's character until last episode......and omg I want to friggen beat Ramsey with my own two fists till nothing remains

He is playing the bad guy so well!

And it looks like Dany has picked up an additional army to g with her unsullied?

Yes to all.

I don't even mind most of the extra crap he throws in, even if it is only for the purpose of making the story take seven books instead of five. Usually there is enough to hold my interest anyway.

The one that gets to me though, is Daenerys. Every time a chapter of hers would come up I'd decide it was time to turn off the light and go to bed (after briefly considering skipping it.) Five books of wandering the f'in desert when your stated goal is to reclaim your rightful throne across the sea is more than I can take.

What a miserable SOB Jon Snow was post death! The whole "kill me once shame on you, kill me twice shame on me" thing was getting old. Finally he agrees to fight and re-gain control of Winterfell. That battle should be epic...

Yeah, I kind of figured she had to do it for the storyline. And my wife said it was probably a body double.

It certainly looked a little strange to me. I can't tell why, but it just didn't seem like her own body.

But they must be able to do some pretty slick things with the software. The Cersei actress wouldn't get naked in front of everyone for the walk of shame scene, but there were definitely shots with her head and a naked body, so...

It certainly looked a little strange to me. I can't tell why, but it just didn't seem like her own body.

But they must be able to do some pretty slick things with the software. The Cersei actress wouldn't get naked in front of everyone for the walk of shame scene, but there were definitely shots with her head and a naked body, so...

You have no idea...The CGI wizards can and have been altering actor's faces (removing blemishes, making them look younger/hotter) for the past 10 years in earnest. There are movies where the biggest CGI budget is spent touching up the actors' faces. TV is just starting to do this on the regular, but only for prestige shows like Thrones.

To me it looked like they CG'd her head onto a body double, but she came out swinging today in social media swearing it was her so maybe it just looked funky because of the fire effects going on behind her (obviously she was superimposed on the shot either way).

Considering the carnage unfolding on the main page with Shaq and Sammy, did anyone else start to think GRRM was writing the script for the Bills' '16 season? Or was it just me...

You mean her body double for the scene?

You have no idea...The CGI wizards can and have been altering actor's faces (removing blemishes, making them look younger/hotter) for the past 10 years in earnest. There are movies where the biggest CGI budget is spent touching up the actors' faces. TV is just starting to do this on the regular, but only for prestige shows like Thrones.

To me it looked like they CG'd her head onto a body double, but she came out swinging today in social media swearing it was her so maybe it just looked funky because of the fire effects going on behind her (obviously she was superimposed on the shot either way).

Considering the carnage unfolding on the main page with Shaq and Sammy, did anyone else start to think GRRM was writing the script for the Bills' '16 season? Or was it just me...

I thought it was her. I have a good eye for stuff like that. ;)

"Come and see."

the producers mentioned they will probably do two more seasons, and both will not be a full 10 episodes. For one, as we get closer to the climax, it will be very expensive to film the expected action. There is also no reason to waste time on character development, with the exception of the King of the white walkers.....

I'm wondering when they will do the second part of the tower of joy and the big reveal???

She says it was her last night, because it was an empowering moment for the character... and she hadn't been nekid since season 3. But it looked like a CGI'd head on a body double to me.

I think, for the "walking out of the fire" part, it was heavily CGI'd, for obvious reasons. Later in the scene, she looked far more deliciously realistic.