Game of Thrones Part Deax: The Readers Thread

Kevin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bran's vision streams appear to be memories of events that he witnessed.

Falling from the tower, Hodor, etc.

We also, however, see flashes of Ned's death and Aerys going mad.

I'm thinking that their occurrence in his vision streams means that those are memories of events that haven't happened in the past yet--if that makes sense.

In other words: he will eventually time hop back and push Aerys over the edge, and he'll eventually time hop to witness his father's death--maybe to whisper to Ned to tell Yoren to protect Arya (for example).

I'll also buy into the idea that Bran "is the Lord of Light". Not that he's a god or anything, but rather that magic does exist in the world, and his whispering across time exploits the use of said magic.

I mean, it seems like the show runners nearly plastered us with the suggestion that Bran's was the voice that Varys heard when he suffered his most unfortunate maiming.

I'm thinking that their occurrence in his vision streams means that those are memories of events that haven't happened in the past yet--if that makes sense.

In other words: he will eventually time hop back and push Aerys over the edge, and he'll eventually time hop to witness his father's death--maybe to whisper to Ned to tell Yoren to protect Arya (for example).

I'll also buy into the idea that Bran "is the Lord of Light". Not that he's a god or anything, but rather that magic does exist in the world, and his whispering across time exploits the use of said magic.

I mean, it seems like the show runners nearly plastered us with the suggestion that Bran's was the voice that Varys heard when he suffered his most unfortunate maiming.

I don't think they'll show us everything that Bran alters. Just some of it. And they'll leave the rest up to speculation.

The problem I'm having with the time hop is that there's no weir trees.

Edited by FireChan

I don't think they'll show us everything that Bran alters. Just some of it. And they'll leave the rest up to speculation.

The problem I'm having with the time hop is that there's no weir trees.

Sure, but I'd call the Aerys thing a big enough deal that they show it.

As to the weirwoods, it's a clear departure from the books in that regard. Or perhaps Bran eventually develops the ability to do it sans tree in Martin's story, and the show just skipped ahead to that part.

Sure, but I'd call the Aerys thing a big enough deal that they show it.

As to the weirwoods, it's a clear departure from the books in that regard. Or perhaps Bran eventually develops the ability to do it sans tree in Martin's story, and the show just skipped ahead to that part.

Very possible.

He's absolutely driving Aerys mad though. It was very good speculation before, but now it's obvious.

I liked it. How does Arya get out of her situation? Or does she?

Easily. The Many-Faced God demands a face. But the Many-Faced God doesn't specify which face. And the Faceless Twit is coming to take Arya's face. So Arya goes to a dark corner with Needle and a candle.

And blows out the candle.

And waits in the dark for the Faceless Twit.

Who taught Arya how to fight blindfolded.

i think his visions are simply "learning" about the past so he can be prepared when fire is necessary to deal with ice. For example, he needs to know about wildfire; about jon's lineage; that, despite what Jamie did to him, He killed the mad king to save people; etc. someone has to have the knowledge In order to rally the 7 kingdoms.

Does he do it as the lord of the light? Maybe. If so, I think he does so through showing the past and future to certain people. Though we've seen him do it, creating history has too many consequences. Why not go back and save his mother, father and brother? In addition, why was that one character brought back from death 4 times? On the other hand, maybe they'll do a George Bailey episode, where he attempts to do so but it !@#$s up things so much he realizes he better not screw with history, rather he needs to lead the present to the future....

It just hit me after posting, maybe the realization what he did to Hodor was the George Bailey moment?

Edited by TPS

I liked it. How does Arya get out of her situation? Or does she?

Easily. The Many-Faced God demands a face. But the Many-Faced God doesn't specify which face. And the Faceless Twit is coming to take Arya's face. So Arya goes to a dark corner with Needle and a candle.

After further thought, I can think of three options for Arya to live. I don't think killing the waif saves her. In fact, it would underscore that she owes the many-faced god another life (hers). If she kills the waif, she will be killed in return, perhaps in the season 7 finale....

1) Arya passed her test. The house of black and white really is more of a sacred community service than a group of assassins for hire. Perhaps understanding and living this distinction was her final test. In this case, if the waif did indeed want to kill Arya, her trying means the waif failed her training. In this case, Jaqen H'ghar appears and kills the waif, or stops her and releases her.

What I don't like about this theory is Jaqen and the waif appear to have shifted and replaced each other at times, meaning the waif is not really in training as she appears, but another face of Jaqen.

2) Arya goes and talks to Lady Crane, only to discover she was the one who wanted herself killed for good reason. Arya kills her before the waif arrives. I will say Jaqen and the waif do NOT say directly the waif will kill Arya, just "her" which could be Lady Crane.

3) The waif goes to kill Lady Crane, who is now on guard. Arya saves the waif, and is owed a life by the many-faced god (hers).

Very possible.

He's absolutely driving Aerys mad though. It was very good speculation before, but now it's obvious.

I really hope it's that Bran simply nudges Aerys over the edge, and not that he's the driving force behind his madness, as that would really dilute the emphasis on the Targ propensity for madness

I really hope it's that Bran simply nudges Aerys over the edge, and not that he's the driving force behind his madness, as that would really dilute the emphasis on the Targ propensity for madness

I think it's going to be the former. Then again, Dany appears to be fireproof now for no reason, so who knows if the showrunners really know the Targs.

Right? That really makes me angry

Not to make this a show-bashing thread, but I've noted the quality of the dialogue has steeply declined and some other nitpickings in season 5 and 6. I don't think D&D are doing so well without GRRM's written direction. If not for the plot points coming fast and furious, this season would be getting a much worse reception IMO.

I reckon we won't see a scene with the quality of the "Kingslayer" speech or its like again in the show. Unless it's Manderly's taken from ADWD.

After further thought, I can think of three options for Arya to live. I don't think killing the waif saves her. In fact, it would underscore that she owes the many-faced god another life (hers). If she kills the waif, she will be killed in return, perhaps in the season 7 finale....

1) Arya passed her test. The house of black and white really is more of a sacred community service than a group of assassins for hire. Perhaps understanding and living this distinction was her final test. In this case, if the waif did indeed want to kill Arya, her trying means the waif failed her training. In this case, Jaqen H'ghar appears and kills the waif, or stops her and releases her.

What I don't like about this theory is Jaqen and the waif appear to have shifted and replaced each other at times, meaning the waif is not really in training as she appears, but another face of Jaqen.

2) Arya goes and talks to Lady Crane, only to discover she was the one who wanted herself killed for good reason. Arya kills her before the waif arrives. I will say Jaqen and the waif do NOT say directly the waif will kill Arya, just "her" which could be Lady Crane.

3) The waif goes to kill Lady Crane, who is now on guard. Arya saves the waif, and is owed a life by the many-faced god (hers).

If Arya Stark dies, I'm out.

Last reason I'm watching that show lol

If Arya Stark dies, I'm out.

Last reason I'm watching that show lol

Arya Stark is not dying.

She gets her sword, goes to a dark corner, blows out the candle, and waits. You really think that's how they're going to set up her death? She's just giving up?

Nicely done. I now consider this an official spoiler.