Game of Thrones Part Deax: The Readers Thread

Kevin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wolves got a bum deal this week:

> Ghost - - How was he not shown leaving with John Snow?

> Summer - Did I miss a shot of Summer? It seems like they would have given some indication what he was doing while Bran was tree-warging

> Shaggydog - he was always the most wild. I believe "the North Remembers" is a key truth in GOT, so I'm holding out hope Shaggydog died some less-traitorous way than it appear,s and house Umber is using the situation to get close to Ramsey to destroy him.

Interesting fan theory which suggests that Bran is the one who made King Aerys go mad thus setting all the other events that came after in motion.

http://time.com/4323269/game-of-thrones-bran-stark-time-travel-theory/

Actually, the one I find more reasonable is the theory that Bloodraven (the Three-Eyed Crow) was the one who whispered to Aerys, making him go mad and setting into motion a chain of unfortunate events. Now, he is teaching Bran to be a greenseer, but telling him he can't communicate with people from the past...when he clearly can, at least to some extent. So some believe Bloodraven is telling him that to prevent him from communicating with the past and making the same mistakes he made...possibly because Bran can be more powerful than he is...

Actually, the one I find more reasonable is the theory that Bloodraven (the Three-Eyed Crow) was the one who whispered to Aerys, making him go mad and setting into motion a chain of unfortunate events. Now, he is teaching Bran to be a greenseer, but telling him he can't communicate with people from the past...when he clearly can, at least to some extent. So some believe Bloodraven is telling him that to prevent him from communicating with the past and making the same mistakes he made...possibly because Bran can be more powerful than he is...

Another possibility that I didn't think of. Thanks.

Yeah so I kind of agree.

Except that it wasn't rape. I think they ran off together.

And we know what Robert and the Lannisters did to all the Targarian children. Ned's honor and love for his sister is one thing. But he was saving his nephew from a merciless death.

This is the theory I agree with. Ned Stark always spoke highly of Rhaegar Targaryen. Not something you'd expect from someone you kidnapped, raped, and killed your sister.

Too late, George. I already saw it on TV.

:lol: It does make me wonder if the pressure is greater now that the show is ahead of him, or if it's lessened.

I dug the chapter though, took me a bit to remember who everyone was since the Sand Snakes are in a very different place in the books compared to the show.

:lol: It does make me wonder if the pressure is greater now that the show is ahead of him, or if it's lessened.

I dug the chapter though, took me a bit to remember who everyone was since the Sand Snakes are in a very different place in the books compared to the show.

Not sure, really. The chapter is newly released, but he has presented it (read it aloud) at a couple of cons already, within the last couple of years. So the content was already released some time ago; this is the first time people can read it themselves.

Not sure, really. The chapter is newly released, but he has presented it (read it aloud) at a couple of cons already, within the last couple of years. So the content was already released some time ago; this is the first time people can read it themselves.

:beer: Had no idea. Thanks for that.

I told a GoT fan friend of mine about the newly released chapter, and his response was, "I haven't read it... I don't want the book to spoil the show." Classic!