Bills acquire WR mike Williams

Trade everything for Clowney or sit tight and take Ebron. Either is fine for me at this point. Sitting and waiting for Ebron lets you take an OT and a DE later. An OT and Jenkins at TE in round two is ok as well.

The more time passes though I say swing for the feces and get Clowney if it just costs next years first and this years second.

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah ok...that makes much more sense...and yes, the 2013 draft class as a whole was rather weak; it amazes me that Buffalo was able to add 3 solid players and a potential long-term QB given the overall talent level.

Agree -- Bills had good, potentially great 2013 draft --- only issue I have going OT at 9, especially if it's Matthews on the delicacy of keeping him at RT or potentially moving Glenn over time --- I also like Barr or Mack as rush ends -- but Mack will be long gone and Barr has a hint of Maybin in his upside. BTW, the Mike Williams trade is giving me more confidence in Brandon, but I'm not ready to come over to the dark side just yet :-)

Trade everything for Clowney or sit tight and take Ebron. Either is fine for me at this point. Sitting and waiting for Ebron lets you take an OT and a DE later. An OT and Jenkins at TE in round two is ok as well.

The more time passes though I say swing for the feces and get Clowney if it just costs next years first and this years second.

:lol:

Thought they already did that with the trade for Williams.

Others can stop fretting over the Bills drafting an OT with that #9 pick, as this team has shown they prefer dumpster diving for other teams rejects for the line. Like they did when they signed another Williams for 5.5 mill guaranteed.

Edited by FeartheLosing

:lol:

Thought they already did that with the trade for Williams.

Others can stop fretting over the Bills drafting an OT with that #9 pick, as this team has shown they prefer dumpster diving for other teams rejects for the line.

Agreed. Let's get the next Bryan Bulaga. Championship!!! Or perhaps we could trade up and get the next Jason Smith or Robert Gallery.

Fact of the matter is we got better today. It's the equivalent of finding a starting caliber wide out in the sixth round. Kid is from Buffalo so any off the field issues he may have might be calmed now that he's with his family here. Not a huge contract, but we dont have cap issues anyway. love it.

Fact of the matter is we got better today. It's the equivalent of finding a starting caliber wide out in the sixth round. Kid is from Buffalo so any off the field issues he may have might be calmed now that he's with his family here. Not a huge contract, but we dont have cap issues anyway. love it.

I agree it's a low risk, high reward move but let's not anoint anything yet. Williams had issues in Buffalo too. Sometimes friends and family (especially brothers) can be more trouble.

I like this team a lot more when they make moves to get better. If New England did this everyone would be calling them savvy. This is a great low risk move that could pay dividends

That's one of the best points in this thread.

What's with the talk of getting rid of SJ? We aren't in cap trouble at the moment, and he's still the best WR on this team (if not the best, at least deserving to be on the field for a majority of offensive snaps).

I swear our fans have no desire to win. We always talk of cutting/getting rid of good players... because they aren't good enough.

Thi...... I better sit this one out!

For a 6th round pick, that seems like a steal...I realize he must have some off-field issues given the recent events with his brother, but a proven WR talent in the NFL that is still young for a 6th round pick, seems like a good value for the BILLS and seems to indicate the Bucs planned on cutting him at some point if they couldn't get "something" for him....way to go Whaley

Buffalo NY is the perfect landing spot for a "troubled" player. Trouble doesn't go to Buffalo (trouble being gangs and gang related gun crimes etc) there is a thermoline that prohibits trouble from approaching the area. Plus he's a local kid. Mods save this for reference in 2 or 3 yrs. He will have a MONSTER career in Buf. You heard it here first :)

Edited by LVBillsBackr

For the uninformed, Williams wasn't kicked off the Syracuse football team by Marrone, as he quit the school for other reasons.

"Marrone was actually asked about Williams during the AFC coaches breakfast at the 2014 NFL owners meetings and said he has "a lot of respect for Mike." Williams ended up quitting the Syracuse football team after being suspended for academic reasons."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24513330/report-bucs-trade-wr-mike-williams-to-bills-for-sixth-round-pick

For the uninformed, Williams wasn't kicked off the Syracuse football team by Marrone, as he quit the school for other reasons.

"Marrone was actually asked about Williams during the AFC coaches breakfast at the 2014 NFL owners meetings and said he has "a lot of respect for Mike." Williams ended up quitting the Syracuse football team after being suspended for academic reasons."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24513330/report-bucs-trade-wr-mike-williams-to-bills-for-sixth-round-pick

if you go by the story williams tells, he wanted to play and marrone made the decision without him when he couldnt reach him (missing phone from the accident and not at home because roommate was sick) and then refused to budge on the decision when williams fought to re-join the team.

That's one of the best points in this thread.

And also one of the most improperly applied. We can make the same argument that this is exactly the type of move that the Raiders make, and it doesn't exactly work out well for them.

I'm really tired of the constant comparison of moves to what Bellichick does. The main thing that he has going for him now is that he's developed a fairly consistent system and is in near total control of the football operation and commands unequal respect from his players. Nobody doubts for a second when they get to New England of who's in charge.

Marrone and Whaley are trying to build the system here too, but they're nowhere near at the level where hoodie is. So until Marrone can prove that he's built his foundation, the system is in place and is working, any comparisons to NE is useless.

So you use a 6th rounder for one year of a troubled guy, who is going to get paid well if he has a comeback year? He will want his salary and refuse a restructure that pays him 3-4 mil a year. And maybe lose a guy I think is better than him?

We better be keeping Stevie or else have another major move at WR or TE in the works.

If he stinks we will cut him. If he's average we will cut him or restructure but not be happy with him. If he's good we will pay him 7m. I don't see much likelihood of him being really good and us paying him less.

I always thought restructure just means the player gets the same money it is just allocated differently to decrease the cap number. They aren't getting less money than the deal they actually signed.

Edited by purple haze