Bills acquire WR mike Williams

Chandler was terrible last year and this seems to be another in an endless series of stats being used to prove a point when I saw every single play last year and Chandler sucked overall. IF Chandler is our second TE with a guy who can split the seams, I'm thrilled we have Chandler as the second TE. I'm not sold on Moeki or Gragg being that guy although it's possible.

Just looking at things in a vacuum, saying I'm happy with a TE in round 1 but not happy with an OT in round 1 would indeed sound stupid.

But I don't live in a vacuum. It seems kind of sucky. I'm looking at what I have seen with my own eyes last year, and 50 years previously, as well as considering all factors, near, mid and long term, as well as playing out likely and unlikely scenarios. You know, like how a football guy or a GM or a coach would, and I would hope any serious fan would.

Call it a stat if you like, I call it a fact. He had 53 catches last season.

How many must Ebron have to justify taking him at 9? You neglected to answer the central question.

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many must Ebron have to justify taking him at 9? You neglected to answer the central question.

he could have fewer, and potentially still be a much better player.

53 catches, by itself, means very little. chandler did not have an impressive season, even if he touched the ball often.

Edited by NoSaint

frankly, you could still go evans and if evans breaks out boot one of the high paid guys. but atleast you have a year to figure out what you have or let a rookie grow into his role. (essentially replacing hogan and TJ from last years group with Williams and evans)

We can hope...

53 catches, by itself, means very little. chandler did not have an impressive season, even if he touched the ball often.

Exactly, YAC and athletic ability.

Chandler helped the Bills get a top 10 draft pick!!

Any time you just assign a number of catches as an indicator of talent or effectiveness, it's an entirely worthless argument.

Chandlers 53 catches the way he played two years ago is a good season. Chandler's 53 catches last year when he dropped a lot, lost games by fumbling, had the most ill timed bad plays hurting the team, etc, is a crappy year. Why do you think he garnered zero interest in FA? I know. Because he was terrible last year. Hopefully it will be an aberration. But no matter what, he can't do what today's good TEs all do because he doesn't have the speed, skills or athleticism.

I only really remember the one drop/fumble from last year... other than that, he seemed to play like his usual solid self, if not maybe a half step slower due to coming back from injury.

Maybe I need to go back and watch the games...

Chandler was misused for the (at least) first half of the season. I recall many of his receptions being caught a yard or two shy of the first down marker. That's not his fault; that's the OC's fault.

Admittedly, I am a fan of Chandler and always has been.

It is my belief that Chandler - much like C.J. Spiller - was the victim of a green coaching staff.

I'm no Chan Gailey fan, but he proved both Chandler and Spiller can be major contributors to the offense if used properly.

F- "character!" What have character players gotten us? I couldn't care less if he runs a meth lab out of his locker if he can help us win.

Agree 100%. Good character and $1 still get you any size coffee at McDonald's.

F- "character!" What have character players gotten us? I couldn't care less if he runs a meth lab out of his locker if he can help us win.

I agree! I'm sick and tired of Bills' fans with the attitude that "we're better than that".

No, we aren't. We suck and have sucked for far too long. Do whatever it takes!

Does anyone think that this greatly increases the chances of the Bills moving up to get 1 of those top 4 position players? Yes, we all know that the draft is deep but so is your team for the most part (outside of OL). If the Bills can go up and grab an elite talent it may make some sense. I used Clowney earlier but think about even Mack. What kind of LB core would Kiko, Spikes and Mack be? Kiko and Mack would play in the nickel. That would be awesome IMO.

Chandler was misused for the (at least) first half of the season. I recall many of his receptions being caught a yard or two shy of the first down marker. That's not his fault; that's the OC's fault.

Admittedly, I am a fan of Chandler and always has been.

It is my belief that Chandler - much like C.J. Spiller - was the victim of a green coaching staff.

I'm no Chan Gailey fan, but he proved both Chandler and Spiller can be major contributors to the offense if used properly.

Agree 100%. Good character and $1 still get you any size coffee at McDonald's.

When healthy. I'm not going to say the coaching staff misused them last year but I don't think either of them were really 100% if not 90%. We will see this year if it was injury related or coaching related.

When healthy. I'm not going to say the coaching staff misused them last year but I don't think either of them were really 100% if not 90%. We will see this year if it was injury related or coaching related.

Chandler, for half the year, was Fitz's number one endzone target. To the tune of setting the Bills record for TDs in a season by a TE ... in the first 8 games.

Throwing the ball to Chandler, 6 yards out on 3rd and 9 ... that's just not gonna work. It took too long for our coaches to realize it last year.

For a 6th round pick, that seems like a steal...I realize he must have some off-field issues given the recent events with his brother, but a proven WR talent in the NFL that is still young for a 6th round pick, seems like a good value for the BILLS and seems to indicate the Bucs planned on cutting him at some point if they couldn't get "something" for him....way to go Whaley

If you consider the Bucs were going to cut him, the Bucs did OK in the deal. Buffalo takes a gamble, but not the price was not excessive. Time will tell.