Bills acquire WR mike Williams

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta respect a fan base that has 15 pages discussing a 6th round trade worthy guy on the first day of discussion. And I mean that absolutely. Love the trade.

It's another month until the draft so we're hungry. Everyone will probably hate him by then and say the Bills should trade him at that time.

Edited by The Wiz

Mike Williams fights for every ball, knows how to use his body to shield the defender from the ball, makes plays and has swagger on the field. He's our number 2 guy right away, I love this trade. EJ to Mike Williams, TOUCHDOWN!

There you go !

It's another month until the draft so we're hungry. Everyone will probably hate him by then and say the Bills should trade him at that time.

not everyone. Even if he does not pan out (he will ) this was just a good strong smart move .

I'm a Mike Williams fan having met him but only way I see this working out is if the Bills hire a chaperone or find some other way to keep him out of trouble.

Maybe things have changed in the last year and a half, but if recent news is any indication, the guy has a lot of growing up to do.

not everyone. Even if he does not pan out (he will ) this was just a good strong smart move .

I think he will also, just pointing out why there is a 15 page thread. He's from Buffalo and he does have an upside so why not be optimistic.... cautiously.

I really like this move. Its basically a one year tryout (His big money doesn't kick in till next season) for a guy who has flashed pretty good talent in his first three years in the league. At best he is a solid #2 WR, plus he fills the need of a size wide receiver. Stevie can now play in the slot and you can have Williams and Woods on the outside with Goodwin in the spread. We could still take Mike Evans but its more likely we could take a tight end either at 9 or in round 2. It really opens up the draft for us, a very nice trade for the team considering the relatively low cost.

@JohnMurphyShow

Complete audio: Brent Axe: M. Williams "plays bigger than he is" http://ow.ly/2FmDud

Good listen, thanks.

Axe ran down the transgressions and they do have to concern you. Hopefully between Moore and Marrone they can help Williams mature. Playing at home could help.

@buffalobills: PHOTO: #Bills head coach Doug Marrone greets new WR Mike Williams at the #Buffalo airport. #allsmiles http://t.co/Ftlg5E7SM4

post-1532-13966526602877_thumb.jpg

that's a nice touch

I think its only a coincidence the Bills made this trade the day they met privately with Ebron right?

They play different positions. Also, not sure what exactly you're inferring here.

If you think that Ebron didn't do well in his visit then I would find that very hard to believe. Ebron has an electric personality. Just the type that coaches love to add for team chemistry. He's a good natured, happy dude and that rubs off on other players.

If they draft Ebron after trading for Williams, I see no reason for Manuel to have any excuses for failure of having the Bills neck and neck with the Pats for the division title. The Bills would be loaded with playmakers.

They play different positions. Also, not sure what exactly you're inferriIng here.

If you think that Ebron didn't do well in his visit then I would find that very hard to believe. Ebron has an electric personality. Just the type that coaches love to add for team chemistry. He's a good natured, happy dude and that rubs off on other players.

If they draft Ebron after trading for Williams, I see no reason for Manuel to have any excuses for failure of having the Bills neck and neck with the Pats for the division title. The Bills would be loaded with playmakers.

I think what he's getting at is the WR position is now solidified opening up things for the Bills to pick Ebron.

I don't subscribe to that theory, but I think that's what was intended.

They play different positions. Also, not sure what exactly you're inferring here.

Im saying Ebron blew them away and the Bills are targeting him.

I love the aggressiveness of the Bills this offseason. Love it. These moves may not work out, but they cannot be faulted for the way they have gone after filling holes. This is yet another potential high reward move at low risk.

I think what he's getting at is the WR position is now solidified opening up things for the Bills to pick Ebron.

I don't subscribe to that theory, but I think that's what was intended.

I would tend to agree...

I also think this trade may have been spurned on by the realization that Evans was not getting past Tampa at #7...

More than anything I think the Bills are going to be looking to move down a bit, especially if Clowney, Robinson, Matthews, Watkins, Mack, and Evans all go in the Top 8...In that scenario, if they stayed at #9, I would expect Ebron to be the pick...Though I would not be surprised if they take Lewan there...In a trade down, if Ebron and Lewan are gone, don't sleep on HaHa Clinton-Dix and Justin Gilbert...Both are big play-makers in the secondary with size... B-)

I'm a Mike Williams fan having met him but only way I see this working out is if the Bills hire a chaperone or find some other way to keep him out of trouble.

Maybe things have changed in the last year and a half, but if recent news is any indication, the guy has a lot of growing up to do.

I don't believe in that. I believe he's at the perfect age to have a change of lifestyle. When I hear that "his brother" stabbed him, I'm not thinking Mike Williams has growing up to do. I'm thinking I wish he had a better support system.

Side note: I love the trade. Getting him for a 6th (especially if he's productive) is a steal and we're on the winning side of FA this year. Byrd who? I forgot about that dude already.

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz

Agreed. But do they want to pay two guys 7m who are good but not great. That's the issue, IMO.

It is absolutely not an issue right now. I do not see a downside here, unless someone is worried about the 6th round CB they would have taken.

The Bills can go in a multiple of directions now. Teams like Tampa are going to change directions in the draft now. Maybe they target Watkins allowing Mack and others to slide.

That's the thing people don't get here. The only effect this has on the draft is it gives us flexibility. Fewer holes means less of a need to draft for need.

Maybe we draft a WR, maybe we won't. But we don't really need one like we did before, and so can draft BAP and not reach.