Bills acquire WR mike Williams

I know, right.

Man, Nuch, it is amazing how some of us think as fans.

"We just got someone good, so by all means let's get rid of someone good and while we're at let's not go after someone who may be even better."

Careful now, if you start gathering good players you know what will happen? Sooner or later you're going to get good and you may have to pay those players more money. Oh, the horror.

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like he has had troubles all the way through college till now, hopefully he can get it together.

However I don't see why we traded for a troubled WR who is average size when we have a bunch of guys like that.

Because for the first 3 out of his 4 (he was injured last year), he averaged 64 catches for 910 yards and 8 TDs.

Brandon, Whaley, Marrone are suddenly in more of a win-now mode, and willing to do a few things that they may not normally do if they were in more of a build for the lasting future mode.

Huh? Suddenly in a win now mode? The Bills FO? Now seems as good a time as any, I would think. They have been very good at planning future winning for a decade and a half and counting. The "lasting future mode" seems indefinite.

Tell us about it. Which transgression was the worst ?

Apparently he throws frequent kick ass house parties. A reference for his next home lease will be a tough get, given the way he treated his last landlord's property. Looks like he'll have to rack at moms's crib.

Woot! Woot! This is a rock star move. Mike Williams is a stud.

Yes he is. And for a 6th rounder?!?!? Good job Whaley. I see us trying to trade down to recoup the pick, and grabbing OT Morgan Moses. Or, staying put and taking one of the top 2 OT's, or Ebon.

I usually don't rule out any possibility...but this one...it just isn't possible IMO

I have a friend who is a big Vikes fan and a few weeks ago I was joking that 3 QBs would be off the board when the Vikes pick at 8- and Minnesota will panic and draft David Carr. We laughed our asses off. And then he said- I really can see the Vikes doing that. :lol: And when I mentioned that how we traded for Mike Williams and were being aggressive this offseason- he mentioned how you never hear anything about Minnesota this offseason. I dig Whalleys aggressiveness

Careful now, if you start gathering good players you know what will happen? Sooner or later you're going to get good and you may have to pay those players more money. Oh, the horror.

I love it! Plus, I think he is under a 6 year contract.

Does this make sense to anyone:

Adding talent to a roster is always a good thing.

Taking away talent is always a bad thing.

Keeping both is always better.

If you can do the first without having to do the second then that is what is best.

Keep SJ13, cut from the bottom up. Shape your roster with the best talent you can.

This is nothing but upside and I can't believe people don't see it.

Agreed. SJ3, Woods, Williams, heck, can still draft Evans if there, or Ebon. Not sure many secondaries can handle this. Plus, for those who have not watched Williams, he is 6'1'', but comes out of a crowd with the ball. I like the Bills building a good offensive core around the QB. If Manuel can't have a good season this year, they should trade up next year for a QB. So many weapons now.

Yes he is. And for a 6th rounder?!?!? Good job Whaley. I see us trying to trade down to recoup the pick, and grabbing OT Morgan Moses. Or, staying put and taking one of the top 2 OT's, or Ebon.

Agreed. Morgan Moses appears to be the type of OT the Bills want. Big, athletic, productive. Probably able to be gotten with a 2nd round pick. Maybe a top Free Safety in the 1st like Clinton-Dix since the WR job may have been filled?

@SalSports

If you missed @BrentAxeMedia or Scott Reynolds of @PewterReport on Mike Williams today, you should check it out: http://audio.wgr550.com/a/89827138/4-5-sports-talk-saturday-hr-1.htm?pageid=1097889 …

Did anyone listen to this? The odds of MW still being on the Bills roster by season's end is like 5%.

Did anyone listen to this? The odds of MW still being on the Bills roster by season's end is like 5%.

Where do you get 5% from? Too pessimistic of an estimate IMO. Williams seems to me a far more focused player when he knows that something is at stake. This time it's his entire career.

Where do you get 5% from? Too pessimistic of an estimate IMO. Williams seems to me a far more focused player when he knows that something is at stake. This time it's his entire career.

Given his academic issues you'd think his next year at cuse that he didn't make it out of would've qualified as that.... Or given the totality of the Syracuse issues that Tampa might've been that....

Other than hope/optimism I'm not sure there's reason to believe the light will suddenly come on. IMHO, the realistic take is he will play well on the field and be less than ideal off and we will simply be hoping we can manage both sides to keep it a net positive situation. Not that we can fix the problems but simply try to reduce them to keep them from effecting Sunday

Edited by NoSaint

Given his academic issues you'd think his next year at cuse that he didn't make it out of would've qualified as that.... Or given the totality of the Syracuse issues that Tampa might've been that....

Other than hope/optimism I'm not sure there's reason to believe the light will suddenly come on. IMHO, the realistic take is he will play well on the field and be less than ideal off and we will simply be hoping we can manage both sides to keep it a net positive situation. Not that we can fix the problems but simply try to reduce them to keep them from effecting Sunday

Only time will tell. Hopefully he gets a better support structure along with the change of scenery for a more balanced and mature version of MW. If not, the Bills cut bait after the '14 season. Well worth the risk given the low price of the 6th round pick.

Yeah, he went to Riverside High School. He played in one of the best sporting events that I have ever seen in person when they played against Paul Harris and Johnny Flynn in basketball. NF was like 24-0 & Riverside 22-1 (with a loss to NF). It was a war (Williams actually punched Harris in the back of the head) in the 1st half and got t'd. At any rate it was a great game eventually won by NF but 2 guys ended up playing some in the NBA and 1 in the NFL.

All I'm saying is it's a lot to hope for to get a player to straighten out when he has shown nothing but immaturity. I had no idea about MW in TB until today and honestly I'm concerned.

I've heard of players having "red flags." MW has a parade of them! The guy has 16 moving violations in 4 years! 16! And that's the least of his red flags!

I know folks are excited but don't be surprised if MW flames out in a hurry. Really, listen to that interview.

All I'm saying is it's a lot to hope for to get a player to straighten out when he has shown nothing but immaturity. I had no idea about MW in TB until today and honestly I'm concerned.

I've heard of players having "red flags." MW has a parade of them! The guy has 16 moving violations in 4 years! 16! And that's the least of his red flags!

I know folks are excited but don't be surprised if MW flames out in a hurry. Really, listen to that interview.

I did listen. Even the guy from the Bucs Pewter Report said that MW is salvageable. He's been at his best and most focused when feels like he has something to prove as he most certainly does now after being jettisoned from TB. If he blows it with the Bills, his NFL career could easily be done and I'll bet he understands that.

I did listen. Even the guy from the Bucs Pewter Report said that MW is salvageable. He's been at his best and most focused when feels like he has something to prove as he most certainly does now after being jettisoned from TB. If he blows it with the Bills, his NFL career could easily be done and I'll bet he understands that.

That guy was being diplomatic. No one is going to say someone is a lost cause. But the litany of transgressions by MW would make Marshawn Lynch blush. The biggest thing is his party lifestyle. MW sounds out of control.

Yes, he might wake up and realize his career is on the line. But if 16 tickets, $50K in damage to the house he rented, kicking down the door of a woman he was seeing, or having his neighbors trying to throw him out of his house because of all the late night house parties he held in season doesn't flip the switch, what will?

PTR

And Lynch was run out of town for his off field actions, one strike from being suspended, good riddance. All he's done is play hard every year since leaving Buffalo and help another team win the Super Bowl.

I'm not say.... I'm just sayin.