Bills acquire WR mike Williams

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two observations.

The Bills now lead the league with guys names Williams. Mario, Kyle, Aaron, Chris, Nathan, Duke and Mike.

The Bills seem to be taking more character risky guys. Mike Williams brother just stabbed him in March makes you wonder why.

I found this hilarious:

Sal Capaccio@SalSports 54m

Yes, the Bills have 7 "Williams" on their current roster. They also have 3 Smiths, 2 Johnsons (one is Johnson-Webb), 2 Grahams, and 2 Dixons

Sal Capaccio@SalSports 52m

....they also have a Wood and a Woods. So, let the "multiple Johnsons and Dixons and Wood(s)" jokes commence.

I found this hilarious:

Sal Capaccio@SalSports 54m

Yes, the Bills have 7 "Williams" on their current roster. They also have 3 Smiths, 2 Johnsons (one is Johnson-Webb), 2 Grahams, and 2 Dixons

Sal Capaccio@SalSports 52m

....they also have a Wood and a Woods. So, let the "multiple Johnsons and Dixons and Wood(s)" jokes commence.

Sign ed wang ASAP

I think it's interesting that they are going after these hometown kids, like Williams and Graham. It almost makes me wonder if this is intentional, and they think local guys are more likely to come, stay, and buy in/be happy and productive in WNY. Maybe that means they want Mack too for that reason.

Bring on John Urschel from Penn State! (Canisius HS grad) Projected 7th rd pick.

Sign ed wang ASAP

Yep - had they kept Levitre and Wang ever amounted to anything, quite the all-name roster

Watching that highlight video on the previous page you can tell he must cut like a knife. Most of his routes I don't see a defender within a few yards of him.

EDIT: and I realize I just made an unintentional knife pun about a guy that was stabbed.

i've heard that he does. there's another highlight reel I posted a few pages back that shows that even when covered he can make a lot of incredible jump ball catches, even on ones that probably should have been intercepted.

i've heard that he does. there's another highlight reel I posted a few pages back that shows that even when covered he can make a lot of incredible jump ball catches, even on ones that probably should have been intercepted.

I must admit, I have not watched a ton of Bucs football over the last 4 years... my only real awareness of Mike Williams has been through Fantasy Football...but the highlight films have me drooling... size, speed, physical player... we haven't had a guy like that since Moulds.

bring in Freeman. Have him compete with Tuel for the 3rd QB spot. EJ's durability is concerning to me. Would be another "nothing to loose" signing. If he does well, great, if not, little lost money.

Seems like Freeman's durablity has been a concern too. Not saying I would have no interest in him (I was one of those who really liked the idea when he was cut last season), just that his Minnesota experience was kind of head scratching.

Seems like Freeman's durablity has been a concern too. Not saying I would have no interest in him (I was one of those who really liked the idea when he was cut last season), just that his Minnesota experience was kind of head scratching.

I was really turned off by Freeman's cup of coffee in Minn as well, that MNF game was downright scary. I do wonder if there is anything salvageable there from the standpoint of it seems things were mismanaged there and the coach was forced to play him right after he got there when he preferred not to and everything seemed to go downhill, they were paying him a lot but he was inactive, then the coach was fired . Also, the TB situation was convoluted, that HC was also fired and the seemingly leaked his health records. I guess I would not be upset if they signed him to a 1-year deal with low risk $. He hasn't done anything that bad, to my knowledge, and would just serve as a backup. I would certainly feel better with him than Tuel just based on experience and if he had a whole TC to learn the system. Edited by YoloinOhio

I was really turned off by Freeman's cup of coffee in Minn as well, that MNF game was downright scary. I do wonder if there is anything salvageable there from the standpoint of it seems things were mismanaged there and the coach was forced to play him right after he got there when he preferred not to and everything seemed to go downhill, they were paying him a lot but he was inactive, then the coach was fired . Also, the TB situation was convoluted, that HC was also fired and the seemingly leaked his health records. I guess I would not be upset if they signed him to a 1-year deal with low risk $. He hasn't done anything that bad, to my knowledge, and would just serve as a backup. I would certainly feel better with him than Tuel just based on experience and if he had a whole TC to learn the system.

id say the smart money is to call last year a wash, and evaluate him based on what he had done before, and how motivated you think he is now. both his end in tampa and start in minnesota were so far from healthy situations, that its hard to say anything but that it was a wasted year for him. he certainly helped create some of those issues but....

thats not to say i want him, just that id stick to his prior track record (which includes question marks about work ethic, and leadership, but also a lot of potential physically and similarities to EJ which should help in a backup)

I remember that Williams used to make Greg Paulus look pretty good when he would leap over defenders to snag errant throws. I don't care what the Bucky at the Buffalo News says, the guy can play.

Considering Greg Paulus is now an assistant basketball coach at Ohio State, I had to laugh. I never saw him play QB at Cuse.

Bring on John Urschel from Penn State! (Canisius HS grad) Projected 7th rd pick.Yep - had they kept Levitre and Wang ever amounted to anything, quite the all-name roster

To bad the Erection company never got it up.

Michael Purinton@NickelCityBills 6m

On another note, here are Mike Williams' end zone targets in last two seasons pic.twitter.com/16hMHTAzEm

BkpFdvfCEAAgjnk.jpg

Michael Purinton@NickelCityBills 5m

Eight out of those 18 incompletions were a result of inaccurate throws

Joe Buscaglia@JoeBuscaglia 2m

New #Bills WR Mike Williams pic.twitter.com/3Q0X4fmX1Q

Magic Mike has a magic beard

BkpIjdLIQAAUZlM.jpg

Michael Purinton@NickelCityBills 6m

On another note, here are Mike Williams' end zone targets in last two seasons pic.twitter.com/16hMHTAzEm

BkpFdvfCEAAgjnk.jpg

Michael Purinton@NickelCityBills 5m

Eight out of those 18 incompletions were a result of inaccurate throws

Joe Buscaglia@JoeBuscaglia 2m

New #Bills WR Mike Williams pic.twitter.com/3Q0X4fmX1Q

Magic Mike has a magic beard

Glad he got dressed up.

That's right.

I said it.

Glad he got dressed up.

That's right.

I said it.

I thought the exact same thing. But then I thought - as long he catches the ball.... lol. Yep. I'm a sell-out.

Interesting... made up?

Joe Buscaglia@JoeBuscaglia 30s

#Bills WR Mike Williams said a couple of the stories about him were made up, but admits that he needs to make better decisions.