DeSean Jackson released

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Until I read the gang stuff I was redy to say we shoudl go all in for this guy. He is a top 5 WR talent and would open up all kind of possibilities in the draft and for the offense. Usually I could care less about character but criminal activity is different. Gotta say pass this time.

My money is on Oakland. They and Cleveland still have i believe the most money left. If the coach can control him, he is a good fit for Oakland as he provides that deep threat for Schaub. I'm not sure where Pettine falls on him, but we don't need him. We're not going to spend $10,000,000 / yr on him, and we already have him in Goodwin.

We need size which is a "captain obvious comment", not more speed. I'd like to see him not land in the AFC East. Brady and him would be scary, but Belicheck won't pay his kind of money.

if the california gang ties issue is this big, oakland may not be eager to jump into the fray either.

that story is going to be an interesting one to see how a new team will address it (or i suppose try to ignore)

Yikes!!! crip gang signs....

"DeSean Jackson put up a monster first half against the Washington Redskins on “Monday Night Football,” and he represented his hometown crew quite well in the game. In fact, Jackson was seen throwing up a Crips gang sign on Redskins defensive back DeAngelo Hallafter catching a pass in the second quarter."

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/desean-jackson-crips-gang-sign-deangelo-hall/203386

No wonder the Eagles tried in vein to trade him, and what team would be foolish enough pick him up at this point?

Edited by FeartheLosing

Personally Im not all that interested in him for the Bills.

Hes had a couple good years but I always have seen Jackson as a one trick pony. He's feast or famine. Some of the long ball catches he's had are incredibly lucky and his game by game stats are very inconsistant. Throw in his character issues off the field and his apparent DIVA personality and it makes it a pretty easy call. The dude demanded new contracts at least 2x just a year after signing deals.

Some NFL team is going to jump all over this, and Im sure Jackson will have his moments for them. But I'm more interested in keeping Goodwin and Woods on the field and keeping our locker room stable.

They should have traded him. Stupiod BIlls you dont let players like Byrd walk for noth... Sorry lost my train of throught.

But really though. Million dollar Talent, 1 cent mind.

He already filed for Bankruptcy IIRC.

Yep, sued his agent, one year after getting new contract wanted more money....in to rap and spending money....Eagles were tired of him.

Personally Im not all that interested in him for the Bills.

Hes had a couple good years but I always have seen Jackson as a one trick pony. He's feast or famine. Some of the long ball catches he's had are incredibly lucky and his game by game stats are very inconsistant. Throw in his character issues off the field and his apparent DIVA personality and it makes it a pretty easy call. The dude demanded new contracts at least 2x just a year after signing deals.

Some NFL team is going to jump all over this, and Im sure Jackson will have his moments for them. But I'm more interested in keeping Goodwin and Woods on the field and keeping our locker room stable.

I agree. He's a very good long ball hitter, but seems inconsistent and not so much the 3d and 5 guy that seems so much more important in today's NFL. Don't get me wrong, I'd take him, but I don't think he's worth top WR money. For that I want a guy who catches 90 balls a year, not 60.

No wonder the Eagles tried in vein to trade him, and what team would be foolish enough pick him up at this point?

again, schefter tweeted this as well:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 38m

Despite shopping him and finding interest, Eagles have made decision to cut WR DeSean Jackson. Outright. Jackson is now a free agent.

which i find to be highly peculiar unless there is even more going on that we are just outside the loop on.... of course, it could just be trying to get out in front of this due to the article being ready to go to print. perhaps a little of both.

Edited by NoSaint

Until I read the gang stuff I was redy to say we shoudl go all in for this guy. He is a top 5 WR talent and would open up all kind of possibilities in the draft and for the offense. Usually I could care less about character but criminal activity is different. Gotta say pass this time.

I was thinking the same thing about the Bills taking a serious look at him, but after reading about this, I am now stepping away from that thought.

I'm still surprised that he was outright released.

I see this as another opportunity for the Bills to drop back in the draft. Eagles and Panthers need receivers badly and Evans (whom I don't want) should be there at 9. I would be ecstatic if that happens

I agree. All of a sudden WR is a need for the Eagles.

Riley Cooper is solid, but Jeremy Maclin is a "?" and opposing defenses will be watching Darren Sproles very carefully.

The Eagles could become a viable trading partner.