DeSean Jackson released

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no west coast team would be a fit. Are you kidding me?

He already hanging out with gang members as it is now. Worst thing that could happen to the young man.

You see how his house got robbed already?? wonder how that happened? any guesses??

It's true. Every B&E in the entire country is the result from gang connections. :rolleyes:

In this case? He's done nothing wrong but have friends. They resigned Cooper (same position) despite his public debacle this year, they also gave Vick 100 million.

This is hypocritical at best, discriminatory at worst. They trash him on the way out the door with nothing but hearsay and accusations. Would you approve your company firing you for who your friends are if you've never been in any serious trouble? It's the NFL, not s knitting club.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2014/03/desean_jackson_issues_statement_following_his_release_from_eagles.html

I would have no problem with seeing a friend fired for less... So.... I guess we agree to disagree. If you keep bad company, and find the associated major dramas around you... While missing work (missed meetings), having arrests, and flashing gang signs on the clock... Well...

I would have no problem with seeing a friend fired for less... So.... I guess we agree to disagree. If you keep bad company, and find the associated major dramas around you... While missing work (missed meetings), having arrests, and flashing gang signs on the clock... Well...

Only, there hasn't been any drama around DJax that has ANY merit. It's all speculation and hearsay coming from the EAGLES. Which is why as I said, if a conviction or even an accusation comes to the surface over the next day or two, I'll reassess. But for now, this is a team dumping a marquee player and inventing a reason to do so in order to save face with their fans.

And people here are eating it up because the story is about scary gangs...

It's sad that a story which is entirely based on hearsay and whispers is "proof" enough for people that someone is slime. I'd welcome DJax on the Bills.

Gangbangers with clean records are cool ?

He's not in a gang.

Only, there hasn't been any drama around DJax that has ANY merit. It's all speculation and hearsay coming from the EAGLES. Which is why as I said, if a conviction or even an accusation comes to the surface over the next day or two, I'll reassess. But for now, this is a team dumping a marquee player and inventing a reason to do so in order to save face with their fans.

It's sad that a story which is entirely based on hearsay and whispers is "proof" enough for people that someone is slime. I'd welcome DJax on the Bills.

He's not in a gang.

Is there a reason he's flashing gang signs?

And that he's associated with people in the gang?

Or that it's coming from police, not simply the eagles?

Really as a $10m a year employee I have no problem with them not being ok with his associations even if they are overblown. That ANY association exists is a problem

Edited by NoSaint

Is there a reason he's flashing gang signs?

Was he fined by the NFL for doing so?

And that he's associated with people in the gang?

I PROMISE you, DJax is not the only player in the NFL who has friends in gangs. As long as he's not involved, who cares who his friends are. Do we not live in a free country? Ray Lewis was accused of double murder and he's going to be in the hall of fame. OJ killed people and STILL has his name on the wall of fame.

Do we REALLY want to stand all high and mighty and judge a young man (whom we don't know) based on a story with no sources?

Or that it's coming from police, not simply the eagles?

Have the police pressed charges or in any way indicated he's a suspect in ANY crime? Nope. So again, why does this matter?

Was he fined by the NFL for doing so?

I PROMISE you, DJax is not the only player in the NFL who has friends in gangs. As long as he's not involved, who cares who his friends are. Do we not live in a free country? Ray Lewis was accused of double murder and he's going to be in the hall of fame. OJ killed people and STILL has his name on the wall of fame.

Do we REALLY want to stand all high and mighty and judge a young man (whom we don't know) based on a story with no sources?

Have the police pressed charges or in any way indicated he's a suspect in ANY crime? Nope. So again, why does this matter?

Because they are his employer and can chose if they want to employ someone with these question marks? Why shouldn't they have that choice? He's not being jailed without conviction he's being fired. But I suppose were steering towards PPP and ill step down from the debate

Edited by NoSaint

Because they are his employer and can chose if they want to employ someone with these question marks? Why shouldn't they have that choice? He's not being jailed without conviction he's being fired. But I suppose were steering towards PPP and ill step down from the debate

Don't mistake what I'm saying. The Eagles have a reason to let him go, you don't let a marquee guy leave for nothing (unless you're the Bills of course). But the truth is NO ONE KNOWS WHAT THAT REASON WAS. And the article, which has no sources, and was posted by you, is nothing but slander and rumor that relies heavily on anonymous sources... Do you really want to condemn a kid (read this thread, people calling him slime and a gangbanger even when the article explicitly says he IS NOT IN A GANG AND WAS NEVER A SUSPECT IN ANY OF THE CRIMES REPORTED IN THE STORY) purely on speculation?

But it's a flashy headline. "DJax is a gangbanger" and that's all people will remember. Doesn't matter that it's not true. Doesn't matter that the story is an example of the WORST kind of journalistic drek, in the minds of many he is now "slime".

Maybe you are okay with an organization, one who stood up for Riley Cooper and a convicted felon Michael Vick, absolutely trashing one of their own's reputation on the way out the door. I think it's terrible.

...Unless the Bills sign him, then it was a brilliant move by the iggles.

Edited by GreggyT

At the end of the day, it all comes down to the employment policy of the organization. Jackson doesn't get a free pass because he wasn't convicted of a crime. Criminal activity is irrelevant to the discussion. If you simply want affiliation, the information is out there. It has been out there for the last 3 years. A rapper on Jacksons record label Jaccpot murdered someone. Another person was murdered at a house rented by Jackson. At that murder scene were a car title, gun permit and credit card receipts with Jackson's signature on them. Dial it forward and late last year he was flashing gang signs to DeAngelo Hall on camera. The Eagles are doing the right thing here and if I'm a GM, I stay well clear of him, unless I get significant assurances through investigation as well as stipulations in whatever contract he signs that any such activity would not only revoke his contract, but result in the team being able to recover everything they give him.

Don't mistake what I'm saying. The Eagles have a reason to let him go, you don't let a marquee guy leave for nothing (unless you're the Bills of course). But the truth is NO ONE KNOWS WHAT THAT REASON WAS. And the article, which has no sources, and was posted by you, is nothing but slander and rumor that relies heavily on anonymous sources... Do you really want to condemn a kid (read this thread, people calling him slime and a gangbanger even when the article explicitly says he IS NOT IN A GANG AND WAS NEVER A SUSPECT IN ANY OF THE CRIMES REPORTED IN THE STORY) purely on speculation?

lets not act that the whole article is totally anonymous sources.

that he flashed gang signs on TV, and an officer is on record identifying them as gang signs isnt anonymous. that hes done it on MULTIPLE occasions publicly makes it an unlikely coincidence that his hand landed in that shape. that the "Rolling 60s" group of crips use the sign and after the Redskin incident he posted on twitter "keep rollin" could be another coincidence, but not a good look. maybe jaccpot really is just a case of needing an unclaimed webdomain.

if you dont want the speculation there seem to be easy ways to avoid it.

that the officer believes that Desean Jackson has ties to an alleged killer is bad situation for anyone. though, i agree that, especially, in the second one its a bit of a stretch to connect him because he had papers at the building it happened in.

I hope the Bills want absolutely nothing to do with this guy.

I see the Eagles exiting the enclosed space before the grenade goes off.

There is something very foreboding when a player of his talent is released. Not traded, but outright released.

He's not in a gang.

His house won robbed of $250,000 in cash.....jewelry, guns...etc....I live just outside of Philly and after it was reported nothing else came of it . Guessing he owed some people. Also, he's spends all his money on his music company, has been broke, asks for new contracts, is late for meetings, practice...etc...Eagles are just tired of him.

But it's a flashy headline. "DJax is a gangbanger" and that's all people will remember. Doesn't matter that it's not true. Doesn't matter that the story is an example of the WORST kind of journalistic drek, in the minds of many he is now "slime".

Maybe you are okay with an organization, one who stood up for Riley Cooper and a convicted felon Michael Vick, absolutely trashing one of their own's reputation on the way out the door. I think it's terrible.

...Unless the Bills sign him, then it was a brilliant move by the iggles.

I've been in Philly for his whole career, and most people that I talk to don't really want him here as of late. Early in his career, it was a totally different story. And when I say 'people', I'm not really talking about fans, I'm saying people who are involved with the Eagles and Lincoln Financial Field specifically.

In fact, the story that I get from most about him is trade him for whatever they can get because his distractions aren't worth it. I personally think that they should have at least traded him, but I think that there is more to the story that we aren't getting quite yet.

Either way, I'd love to see him lined up in a Bills uni this year.

I see Charlotte, Jets, Atlanta and Baltimore as possible landing places.

Some guys have those kind of reps and some don't. There are plenty of both inner city guys and farm boys in the NFL.

Edited by oman128

yea right him on the West coast hanging with crips and bloods is a great thing for his career.

if you teally think that only Crips and Bloods are out in the west coast, I've got news for you. They are everywhere. Probably living only a few doors down from you, no matter where you reside.

if you teally think that only Crips and Bloods are out in the west coast, I've got news for you. They are everywhere. Probably living only a few doors down from you, no matter where you reside.

And Crips and bloods are not the only ones on the street.

Sur13 or something like that, and a bunch of Hispanic and Asian gangs are out there. And in small communities there are many small gangs - in this area we have TRG, aka the little rascals.

Gangs are quite prominent when you live in a lower income/poverty stricken area.